People Still Play SOCOM II Multiplayer on PS2

NInety

Better than CoD...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Shiiit in 2003 I was playing this game on my PS2!

SOCOM II was legit, still probably the closest a console experience has been to counter strike.

SOCOM II was legit, still probably the closest a console experience has been to counter strike.

It's still better than most modern shooters imo.

So many memories. 12 hour gaming runs... I grew up with this game. All the servers are shut down now though. Most everyone left socom 2 when the coders got in.

So many memories. 12 hour gaming runs... I grew up with this game. All the servers are shut down now though. Most everyone left socom 2 when the coders got in.

You can use a program called xlink to play online now, there's around 50 people on daily and 100+ on weekends according to the guy that made this video.

You can use a program called xlink to play online now, there's around 50 people on daily and 100+ on weekends according to the guy that made this video.

Makes me wish I still had a ps2.... gonna really think about buying one.

This game was released in 2003! That's dedication.

ps2 had an online multiplayer?

I still play cs and i started playing that in 99 and still play n64 games with friends so meh 2003 is nothing for games

ps2 had an online multiplayer?

I still play cs and i started playing that in 99 and still play n64 games with friends so meh 2003 is nothing for games

I think that phat ps2 was compatable with dialup and ethernet (sold seperately) and the ps2 slim had a built in ethernet port for online gaming,

This game was released in 2003! That's dedication.

I have this game somewhere

I still have my PS2 lying around with a few multiplayer games, like Battlefront 2...

Im soooo trying this out later.

COMIC SANS

So totally going to plug my ps2 in later and see whats going on!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm still playing Red Alert from time to time...and Diablo 2.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Bah, my younger brother trashed my ps2 ages ago and don't have money to buy a new one. :(

They cost next to nothing theses days

Is this game multiplayer not region locked?

Can I play it in my country?

No it wouldn't be region locked so if you can get a copy of it you can play it online

Or just play CS on the PS2? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

cs was only on xbox not ps2 (and windows now linux and mac as weel)

I could have sworn that it was on PS2 as well. Ah well. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I think that phat ps2 was compatable with dialup and ethernet (sold seperately) and the ps2 slim had a built in ethernet port for online gaming,

Hey! we have the same gif!

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

PS2 was a "Good" console compared to PS3 PS4...

No No No