H105 and Noisy pump

Yeah I hot a h105 and I can hear the water flowing through the pump. It's about 30-40 decibels loud so I'm not sure how normal this is any ideas if this is normal?

Thanks guys.

H100i is worse, and yes it is normal. You don't buy AIO for silence or performance, you buy it for looks.

AIO are loud, nothing you can really do about it, the pump needs to be loud or its gonna perform like shit.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

How did you measured those dB? sound measurements vary a lot, a company can advertise this fan/pump runs at 10Db, and measure it at a 10 meter distance, while you 10cm away from it, get a 40dB read.

Sometimes, when they are brand new and freshly installed, AiOs can have an air bubble trapped near the pump and generating noise, with some wiggles and a couple of days noise tends to become less noticeable.

Regardless, AiOs usually have noticeable pump noise and not-so-good fans out of the box, that's why we always recommend Air coolers. People getting AiOs often do it for looks, compatibility (example 250D) or to run them with high speed fans and try to achieve a slightly better OC. Some AiOs have pumps that can be controlled, and after some tunning down they become really quiet (example NZXT Kraken X61)

H100i is worse, and yes it is normal. You don't buy AIO for silence or performance, you buy it for looks.

AIO are loud, nothing you can really do about it, the pump needs to be loud or its gonna perform like shit.

my h100i is silent.  

my h100i is silent.  

You're delusional. H100i is the loudest AIO, this is common knowledge, with the price of h100i performing a couple degrees better than the other 240mm AIO coolers, it is significantly louder than the others.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

The only thing I can hear on my H100i is the fans, so if you are referring to pump noise I think you are misinformed as mine is silent.

Its also common knowledge that some of the units have defects, if you are concerned about it or are experiencing abnormal temps RMA it!

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

The only thing I can hear on my H100i is the fans, so if you are referring to pump noise I think you are misinformed as mine is silent.

Its also common knowledge that some of the units have defects, if you are concerned about it or are experiencing abnormal temps RMA it!

Thank you! 

@WikoSiko

if you are hearing water trickling, you have a air bubble/pocket in the pump and it cannot bleed it out

under normal means. if you'll lay the case on the back and slowly move it back to upright, it should

help burp that air pocket out.

out my 12 H100/i have had ZERO pump noise issues. i have had a H70 with a clicky pump RMA cured.

have not had a H105 yet, the design element is different than the H60/H80/H100i and a different OE

manufactures those lines.

Yeah that's the sound I hear @airdeano the trickle and I figured a good wobble and time would fix it I'll leave the system running and check the temps make sure it's not a defect. Also to those asking how I measured the dba's it was an estimate. From like 30 cm's away with side pannel off.

Thanks for the help again guys.

Yeah that's the sound I hear @airdeano the trickle and I figured a good wobble and time would fix it I'll leave the system running and check the temps make sure it's not a defect. Also to those asking how I measured the dba's it was an estimate. From like 30 cm's away with side pannel off.

Thanks for the help again guys.

a guide on noise level comparisons:

KitGuru noise guide

10dBA - Normal Breathing/Rustling Leaves

20-25dBA – Whisper

30dBA - High Quality Computer fan

40dBA - A Bubbling Brook, or a Refrigerator

50dBA - Normal Conversation

60dBA - Laughter

70dBA - Vacuum Cleaner or Hairdryer

80dBA - City Traffic or a Garbage Disposal

90dBA - Motorcycle or Lawnmower

100dBA - MP3 Player at maximum output

110dBA - Orchestra

120dBA - Front row rock concert/Jet Engine

130dBA - Threshold of Pain

140dBA - Military Jet takeoff/Gunshot (close range)

160dBA - Instant Perforation of eardrum

Sorry I own 3 r9 290's all with stock coolers and I run them at 50%+ fan speed most the time. So my estimation would be very off bahahaa