Haswell-E Pre-order Prices Released

X1XNobleX1X

Haswell-E Pre-order Prices Released

intel-haswell-e-core-i7-5960x-extreme-ed

With Intel enjoying a slight uptick in PC revenue in its latest quarterly earnings, and the PC gaming market proving to have longer legs than expected, the chip giant is showing that it can still wring profits from desktop PCs. Its upcoming Haswell-E processors should continue its dominance of the high end of the desktop CPU segment when they are rumored to start shipping in September.

As is often the case with anticipated tech products, some online retailer or another lets the cat out of the bag early when it comes to important details, like pricing or release date. That's just what has happened with Haswell-E, as the website for Bottom Line Telecommunications has listed the three new processors for pre-order in advance of the competition.

The cheapest of the trio is the Core i7-5820K, a six-core chip running at 3.3GHz with 15MB of L3 cache, which ShopBLT.com is selling for $425.92. Next up is the i7-5930K, which also includes six cores and 15MB of L3 cache, but has a clock speed of 3.5GHz and a pre-order price of $631.54. The "K" at the end of the product name indicates that the CPUs include an unlocked multiplier to ease overclocking

Last, but certainly not least, is the new flagship processor for Intel, the i7-5960X Extreme Edition. It's the first eight-core desktop chip for Intel, even though rival AMD has had "octo-core" processors for years (and Intel has also produced eight-core — and higher — Xeon chips for enterprise systems), and it promises to replace its i7-4960X predecessor as the world's fastest desktop CPU.

While each core will run at "only" 3GHz, the i7-5960X will come with a hefty 20MB of L3 cache. All three of the Haswell-E processors will make use of DDR4, the next generation of RAM that promises to be a faster, more efficient performer than DDR3 memory.

Intel's longtime strategy with its top Extreme Edition processor is to price it no lower than $999 — and the i7-5960X pricing does not appear to deviate from that tactic. In fact, the pre-order price for the eight-core chip is well north of $1,000 at $1,107.83. This shouldn't come as a big surprise, however, given the novelty of the additional two cores and "latest and greatest" premium that is often attached to these type of products.

As the rumored launch date approaches, other online retailers may also put the Haswell-E processors up for pre-order, at which time we can determine if BLT's prices are on the high end or are representative of what the going rate will be for the new chips. Are you planning on upgrading to Haswell-E for your desktop?

Source from zdnet.com

http://www.zdnet.com/pre-order-pricing-for-intel-haswell-e-desktop-processors-revealed-7000031651/

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

pretty sure in the post it says $425.92

Its says it's $425.92

OP used this link originally.

pretty sure in the post it says $425.92

Its says it's $425.92

Yup, not sure where he got $350 from. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

It's nice to see 6 core intel CPUs getting cheaper, but nothing here is really surprising. The platform as a whole will be pretty expensive due to the new mobos and DDR4 ram, and the extreme parts are overpriced as always.

OP used this link originally.

I sourced this before actually: 

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/haswell-e_pre-order_prices_released/1

I am excited by the fact that 6 core processors are dropping in price. It will still probably be another year to 18 months until I upgrade. Its a shame that Intel decides to cater to enthusiasts, and yet it looks like the market for game developers is all like "Yeah, PC Gamers want a console experience"

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I am excited by the fact that 6 core processors are dropping in price. It will still probably be another year to 18 months until I upgrade. Its a shame that Intel decides to cater to enthusiasts, and yet it looks like the market for game developers is all like "Yeah, PC Gamers want a console experience"

It's more like "Yeah, DX11 sucks and doesn't provide good multi-threaded performance."

Finally, a new extreme edition of a CURRENT architecture :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I don't like highlighting text to read them................. 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

so when is the DDR4 memory meant to be released?

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

I'm thinking about upgrading my rig still on X58 with i7 950 but will have to see the CPU benchmarks before giving Intel $400+ ($600+ in my case for I7 5930k).

The performance increase in CPU's are so small that you would have to be a little bit brain washed to update every year let alone every 2-3 unless you have more money then sense.      

Hell yes, 5960X here I come  :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Was afraid the 5960X would be the only one with 8 cores.

Oh well, still excited for the X99 chipset. 

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Was afraid the 5960X would be the only one with 8 cores.

Oh well, still excited for the X99 chipset. 

its always been like that. when intel introduces a new core count, only the extreme edition will have it. im just happy the 5820k is a 6 core part too

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]