Favorite moments when getting ready to build or building a new PC

JAW96

okay the title says it all, and I will start

I LOVE unboxing brand new parts, I mean just getting to see them in that fresh sealed packaging, and the smell of a freshly opened mobo or GPU, and my favorite is the PSU, I don't know what they put in those things, but they smell better than new car!

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Pulling the plastic wrap stuff off all the components.

Side panel windows are my favorite ones to do.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

when your first PC finally comes to life

"Its Alive!!!"

*insert evil laughs*

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Opening boxes. So satisfying. Everything else is a piece of cake and easy. But cable management is time consuming.

that is very satisfying 

tumblr_ltsilfpIj11qakh43o1_500.gif

-snip-

well that was many years ago with my first build with a Pentium III

it went up in smoke when the PSU blew up

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Planning...

Since that's as far as I can go

Damn you poorness

I worked all summer in 110 degree weather, but I managed to save up just enough to get a rig that I was happy with, that made getting it built all that more satisfying 

well that was many years ago with my first build with a Pentium III

it went up in smoke when the PSU blew up

PSU is probably the most terrifying thing in anything post build, always there going "that is a nice computer you have here it would be a shame if anything happened to it..."

paying the bills. 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

Everything.. From unboxing, to how the new stuff smells to trouble shooting the bootup , until the point of running bechmarks , I love it,

Sadly i did it all for somebody else :( But i love doing it  nevertheless, and the crazy face they give me,like they understand, when i try to explain how faster the system is compared to the older one.

Details separate people.

I think unboxing is an all round favorite. The seals and the smell. I love the smell of new GPUs in the morning.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

3t4ud2.jpg

Well.... I actually screamed "it's alive ALIVE I SAY" after my first build.  :P

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

We'll I don't really like the smell of a psu, mine had a really weird plastic smell and I was in a room without windows or ventilation so I got sick, threw up that night and had a terrible headache the next day :(

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

I love opening all the boxes and seeing everything laid out before me. It's a beautiful moment of tranquility before the best comes alive.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Well.... I actually screamed "it's alive ALIVE I SAY" after my first build.  :P

I think we have all done that

Dat pile of new parts! :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro