Google partners with Novartis to make glucose-tracking contact lenses reality

ACatWithThumbs

new-google-logo.jpg
logo_firmen_novartis_01_51efab2931.jpg
Do you guys remember the Google smart contact lenses that could help diabetics ?
It seems that they're getting now reality!

Googles-Smart-Contact-Lenses-Image-3.jpg

Quote:

"Google and Novartis have this morning announced an agreement to collaborate on the development of the smart contact lens that was unveiled by Google X in January. Using non-invasive sensors, the lens promises to analyze tear fluid in the eye to provide constant measurements of a person's blood glucose levels. Those can then be sent wirelessly to a mobile device and help diabetics manage their disease more easily.

Novartis has now licensed the technology and, through its eye care subsidiary Alcon, will look to develop it into a commercial product. Google co-founder Sergey Brin has said that his company is "very excited to work with Novartis [on using] the latest technology in the miniaturization of electronics to help improve the quality of life for millions of people."

Google-smart-contact-lens-prototype-Grap
I wonder what the price is going to be?

Source :    http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/15/5900871/google-and-novartis-smart-contact-lens-partnership

RTX2070OC 

seems overly bother some

i just slash my thumb and taste it

im pretty accurate

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Looking at the pic wont the metal bit block some vision?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Looking at the pic wont the metal bit block some vision?

The metal is going around your pupil so it shouldn't block your vision.

RTX2070OC 

The metal is going around your pupil so it shouldn't block your vision.

even the square bit? Pupils must be smaller than i think lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I think the square bit is the LED that's supposed to light up when your glucose level isn't good.

RTX2070OC 

My mom is diabetc(genetic) so she'll be excited to hear this. She's tired of poking herself.

What worries me is this http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/girl-left-her-contacts-6-months-and-amoebas-ate-her-eyeballs

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The little black things in your eyes aren't that large.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum