I need to make a decision on which trip to go on...

TopWargamer

So basically, here are my choices, both of which will be happening around a year from now.

1) Go to Europe (Germany and Italy) for 10 days with my senior class. (Aka this is my senior trip) I don't recall what cities we'll be visiting though, but the entire class (save for 2 people) are going on the trip, so basically all of my friends are going.

(Do keep in mind that if I chose this, the other people in option #2 wouldn't be able to go on the trip.)

2) Go to Canada for the women's World Cup. I do like to watch soccer (or football if you're anywhere else), although I don't watch it often. I do like to watch the major tournaments, like the World Cups, for example, so I would definitely enjoy this. The people going would be me, my dad, and my 2 sisters.

I would be able to go on both trips if we had enough money, but we don't.

:/

So now I have to make a difficult decision, because I really want to do both, but I don't know what to do. Thoughts?

COMIC SANS

Trip 1 by far, see another continent and witness different cultures with all your friends? #winning

Not to mention the amazing food there is to be had in Italy!

PS, Y U NO POLL!?

While I live here in Canada, I would definitely say #1. Every year my school has a Euro Trip and everyone pretty much enjoys it.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

If I had a choice I'd go for 1. I've never been to Germany or Italy, and it is my goal to go someday. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

School trips to Europe? Farking hell.

But yea Europe would be my option - not necessarily my favourite parts of Europe, but going with your friends is what will make the trip worthwhile.

I will join the rest and say trip 1. 

You get to be with your friends and see a different continent. You can always catch the Womens Soccer Championship on TV or online.

Juts keep in mind that things can be expensive in Europe, due to the low exchange rate on the Dollar.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Europe. Canada you can go anytime being an American. Europe though... unforgettable and will give you a new appreciation for life and other cultures.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Trip 1 by FAR

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

PS, Y U NO POLL!?

I forgot about polls lol. Lemme see if I can add one in...

COMIC SANS

Going to another country is better than going to the Womens World Cup in my opinion.

You can watch soccer (or football) on TV, or youtube, but going to another country is an experience you cant really get with a screen.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I would choose Trip 2, since I value family over friends.

You are better off disappointing friends than family, since your family (usually) provide more support in life, and since your parents made you who you are.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

ONE

UNO

EIN

UN

UNUS

Unus sounds like something else...

Anyway,trip #1.

I've been to Italy and I really like it.It depends on what cities you're going to visit.

I don't have much to say about Germany.It's exactly what you would expect.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Unus sounds like something else...

Wonder what you think cum means.

Go Latin!

I would choose Trip 2, since I value family over friends.

You are better off disappointing friends than family, since your family (usually) provide more support in life, and since your parents made you who you are.

I would also choose trip 2 even though it doesn't sound as cool as a trip to Europe. I wouldn't feel very good for going on some trip with my school to Europe if I knew my family looses out on an entire holiday. 

School trips to Europe? Farking hell.

Hooray for private schools.

:P

COMIC SANS

Hooray for private schools.

:P

Hooray for public schools that make you pay $3k to do the same thing. I'd rather pay $1k for tickets and then go with my family to all the GOOD places.

definitely trip 1. germany and italy are the two most beautiful countries I've ever been to. italy has fabulous food, and a trip to pompeii is certainly worthwhile, so long as its not a very hot and sunny day, as there is very little shade there. vesvius is well worth going up as well IMO. just make sure you go to Garda, which is a lovely lake. Romes would be worth visiting, but dont rush there as its where everyone goes to. germany is incredible, especially along the rhine, somewhere around Bonn and Koblenz, as you aren't too far from Koln (cologne), which is the area I went. the views you get across the river and from up some of the hills is stunning. as long as it is sunny when you go, then you will love it, but hope for colud cover in pompeii. a trip into france would be worthwhile, maybe strasbourg to see the European Union buildings, as its right on the border with Germany.

my one tip. go to places that are obscure, where you dont get many tourists. thatll get you respect from locals, and you will see things most others miss. also, look at where the locals are eating, as they are the best restaurants.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Canada. If an alternative was possible I'd say Asia. Everyone goes to Europe = snore. (the Scottish highlands being the exception) Although tectonically speaking thats not in Europe :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's a no brainer, definitely trip 1, especially with Germany winning the World Cup, the mood will be brilliant. 

Have fun! 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

I voted Canada because I am obsessed with that place. Never even saw the world cup part till now. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"