Microsoft to announce major layoffs; Nokia, Xbox divisions effected

Rafy

Expected this long ago during the merger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

When a 4 year old GPU (GTX 480) has more power than your console you're doing something wrong.

The 480 even when underclocked to the lowest it can go is still more powerful than the so called next-gen console. I can pick up a 480 for £74 which is crazy cheap. You could get a modern card like the 750 Ti which is £100 and that is more powerful then a 480. There is really no excuse in buying a console other than I am a child and I don't want to break my PC. Everyone else has no excuse. If you don't have time then buy a pre-build and to build a PC takes an hour at the most.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The 480 even when underclocked to the lowest it can go is still more powerful than the so called next-gen console. I can pick up a 480 for £74 which is crazy cheap. You could get a modern card like the 750 Ti which is £100 and that is more powerful then a 480. There is really no excuse in buying a console other than I am a child and I don't want to break my PC. Everyone else has no excuse. If you don't have time then buy a pre-build and to build a PC takes an hour at the most.

Sadly, exclusives are still a thing.

I'd like it if everyone stopped buying exclusives so they stopped existing but that won't happen.

I am not really surprised by this. When a huge company like Microsoft buys another big company like Nokia they often have to get rid of some redundant employees.

These cuts are never for good. They will build back up like every company with money does. Cut the fat bring in hungry people with good and fresh ideas