Chinese couple sells their two kids to pay for video games

Guest Kloaked

((( Wasn't sure if this needed go to into the Tech News section or Off-Topic, so I went with Off-Topic )))

Ever thought about selling your belongings that you don't really use anymore to get some extra cash for something else, like video games?

Well a couple in China decided they'd sell off their two kids to human traffickers to pay for their video game habits.

The original article is on Kotaku:

"A young unmarried couple in China are accused selling not one, but two of their children to human traffickers. The money they got was used for gaming. 

As reported on Guangdong TV (via Sina Games and Games in Asia), the young parents' first son was unplanned. Instead of supporting the child, they allegedly sold the baby boy to child traffickers in Fujian. 

The mother got pregnant again, and, in an interview, explained that the father "likes buying items in online games, and he likes staying out all night at internet cafes." Because the couple was apparently using their money for the father's gaming, the parents then allegedly sold their second son to traffickers to avoid a financial burden. 

As Games in Asia points out, child trafficking is very much a problem in China, where it is illegal. Kids are apparently sold to other parents or street gangs or even to people overseas. 

The grandfather of these children eventually reported the couple, who are now awaiting trial, to the police."

My NSFW opinion:

I hope these mother fucking assholes get whatever death penalty they have in China ASAP. Shit like this just makes me lose hope in humanity - when our morals get so low that people go and do shit like this. Now I know this is China but fucking come on, this is bound to have happened here in America in some form if it already hasn't happened yet.

Fuck me. It's things like this that make me wish we had public hangings again.

haha Stupid addicts.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Ok. 

I mean, this is a country where if you have a daughter, you are basically stuck providing your own retirement, which is a negative for some reason. Not all of China is subject to the "one child policy", and some sections allow a second child if the first is a girl, but due to this, if the child is a girl, them "disappearing" isn't too uncommon from what I've heard/read.

i.e. infants left on the side of back roads to the elements. Or in this case sold to traffickers. Although the reason is different (to try again and to stay financially afloat respectively)

It's pretty terrible.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I hope these mother fucking assholes get whatever death penalty they have in China ASAP. Shit like this just makes me lose hope in humanity - when our morals get so low that people go and do shit like this. Now I know this is China but fucking come on, this is bound to have happened here in America in some form if it already hasn't happened yet.

Fuck me. It's things like this that make me wish we had public hangings again.

I'm sure its already happened in the US and various other countries. Probably for many different reasons aside from just money for gaming. 

"No I know this is China but xxxxing come on" < Asians make up what? 1/3 of the world population? I'd rather not lower a whole country's image just like that. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm sure its already happened in the US and various other countries. Probably for many different reasons aside from just money for gaming. 

"No I know this is China but xxxxing come on" < Asians make up what? 1/3 of the world population? I'd rather not lower a whole country's image just like that. 

The only thing I was implying there was China isn't America because people here tend to have better morals than that (that was hard for me to type, so I'm unsure about that myself). Nothing else. Just saying it's two different countries.

inb4 news media writes articles like "Gaming is horrible. This can (alternatively replace 'can' with 'will') happen to you if you play video games!" or "Video game addiction can (again, replaceable with the word 'will') lead to this. Must read!"

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

good job china

The only thing I was implying there was China isn't America because people here tend to have better morals than that (that was hard for me to type, so I'm unsure about that myself). Nothing else. Just saying it's two different countries.

I'm just saying the number of immoral people compared to number of moral people are pretty proportional and I'd think it'd match just about any country really...  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm just saying the number of immoral people compared to number of moral people are pretty proportional and I'd think it'd match just about any country really...  

I was unsure of what you were saying in the previous post. Yes you're right.

The same country that is also responsible for manufacturing your goods because your own country is filled with cheap asses.

inb4 news media writes articles like "Gaming is horrible. This can (alternatively replace 'can' with 'will') happen to you if you play video games!" or "Video game addiction can (again, replaceable with the word 'will') lead to this. Must read!"

I wouldn't be surprised at all.. My money is on that Fox news jumps on that first. Or maybe the Daily mail

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I wouldn't be surprised at all.. My money is on that Fox news jumps on that first. Or maybe the Daily mail

I'm betting Glen Beck's program gets on it first.

I'm betting Glen Beck's program gets on it first.

Damn i forgot about that.. Either way it'll be tiresome 

I just noticed that i forgot to comment on this threads main topic. 

That's just sick.. And wrong.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"