Nissan GT-R?

slifer

Hi guys, I've had this interest for Nissan GT-R's for a while now, and now I'm doing some "research" on them, and I find that the R34 has a model GTS-T. Whats the difference between the GTS-T and the GTR? Are GT-R's illegal to import to Canada because of the 15 year rule? Is there a time when the R34 GTR's go down in price? Or should I get a R33 GT-R instead of a R34 GTS-T? Thanks

GTS-T single turbo while GTR twin turbo. Not till next year is when you can start shipping in R34's I think. GTR can be a r32 or r33 model. The difference in power is so far apart from the GTS-T that I would get a GT-R model because of that and it's 4wd. These cars are not cheap to repair though. Parts ordered in from japan and not mass produced like they use to be. If your getting it imported learn the rating system for the interior and exterior and go with a company that has reviews and is trust worthy. GTR's usually don't go down in price to much though because of the options and that they can start to be shipped over to other countries. Some places have already imported GTR's though so you can avoid a lot of the hassle but those are not to common.

Be cautious of what your buying and of the total costs before you purchase - import fee, shipping cost, vehicle inspection, insurance, any repairs that your area says need to be done.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Thanks for the reply! It helps quite a bit, and do you have any idea the price range that can be expected for the R34 GT-R next year with the import fee, shipping and all the other expenses for importing? Also, if you were going to get one, would you get the R34 or the R33 and why? Thanks, I hope you have the same interest in the Skylines as i do! xD

Hi guys, I've had this interest for Nissan GT-R's for a while now, and now I'm doing some "research" on them, and I find that the R34 has a model GTS-T. Whats the difference between the GTS-T and the GTR? Are GT-R's illegal to import to Canada because of the 15 year rule? Is there a time when the R34 GTR's go down in price? Or should I get a R33 GT-R instead of a R34 GTS-T? Thanks

First of all, as SteepGnomeKing said, the GTR is a twin turbo 2.6 Liter in-line 6, where as the GT-T or GTS 25T have a Single turbo, 2.5 Liter in-line 6. The GTR also has a great gearbox and Nissan's ATTESSA all wheel drive system.

While the GTR is a very nice car, they are also VERY expensive to run and insure. They are also a target for thieves.

Most people tend to steer clear of the R33 as they were less attractive than the R32 and R34.

If you gave me a choice, I'd get an R34 GT-T, chuck a bigger front mount on it, and up the boost.

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

The Green Machine.

How much do you think the R34 GTR would cost to insure and to buy including all the fees with a breakdown as to where the money would be going? Will it be a lot cheaper to insure the R34 GTS-T or R33? Thanks!

It would be hard to say how much it would be to insure would depend on area, gender, cars condition and a few other things. Car alarms with gps tracking can help lower the cost also and is nice to have in case something happens. When I was looking at it a couple years ago in BC Canada as a 18 year old male it would have been about $450 a month. Drivers ed courses can lower your insurance also if you have taken one of those. It might be cheaper to insure a GTS-T because it has less power but can just phone an insurance company give them your information and ask how much it would be approximately to insure each of the cars. I would look at a R32 GTR and get pricing maybe you could even find one that is for sale from a JDM dealership or someone else and avoid the hassle of getting it shipped and than having to go to pick it up or hauled from the west coast to where you are.

No idea on prices though haven't looked in awhile I want to say about $2500 for just the shipping without the import fee that could be wrong though so it's just a ball park. If you can wait till next year I would the R34's are nice cars. with more options and a nicer engine while being newer. Gives you a chance than to save up some more money and get ever detail about the process. Some dealers that do this might have R34's in stock in japan that you could see pictures of (they take like 50 pictures of the outside, inside and undercarriageand start to get this going so when the time comes you can start importing it. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

this is the only car i would work on like i do when it comes to desktop computers:

2014-nissan-gt-r-la.jpg

Character artist in the Games industry.

this is the only car i would work on like i do when it comes to desktop computers:

2014-nissan-gt-r-la.jpg

in comparison, the R34 ( also my choice for a future carpool expansion ^^ ) seems a bit more affordable; but i really would like to bring the R35 and it's beautiful engine to a (approximately) limit....one day ^^.

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

2014-nissan-gt-r-la.jpg

That is pretty bloody nice, I love the 3.8L engine in my opinion is a little big though, I prefer the RB26DETT in the Skyline's which is 2.6L

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

A thing about that RB26DETT engine is that originally was going to become an RB24DETT in the R32 Skyline which would have enabled it to compete in the 4,000cc Group A Class which multiply the engines capacity by 1.7 if it's turbocharged but because of the 4WD system it apparantly made the car too heavy and there for less competative so they enlarged it to 2.6L (2,568cc) to compete in the 4,500cc.

2,351cc x 1.7 = 3,996cc

2,568cc x 1.7 = 4,365cc

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

2014-nissan-gt-r-la.jpg

Now take this with a grain of salt, but that's pretty much like buying an Alienware desktop. It's done, nothing to do with it. Change the wheels maybe, give the engine an overhaul but that's about it. Say get an R34 instead (which also happens to be way cooler, sorry R35 fans :D ) you have much more to tweak and tinker with. :)

Edit @FireFox - The R32's pretty much destroyed everything in their time as well, great cars! :)

Haha, I agree, the R34 is a lot cheaper than the R35.. 100k.. vs about 25k I would assume for the car itself.. Even with the 100k, it would be wise to put some money into the R34 to put it in good shape, (engine rebuilds, turbos, etc) which could make it run faster than the R35? I guess I can wait another year while saving up some more cash, or I can get the R33 or R32 if its ridicously expensive! What mods would you guys put on the older generation skylines if you had your hands on one??

Haha, I agree, the R34 is a lot cheaper than the R35.. 100k.. vs about 25k I would assume for the car itself.. Even with the 100k, it would be wise to put some money into the R34 to put it in good shape, (engine rebuilds, turbos, etc) which could make it run faster than the R35? I guess I can wait another year while saving up some more cash, or I can get the R33 or R32 if its ridicously expensive! What mods would you guys put on the older generation skylines if you had your hands on one??

Keep the engine just get some new turbos with an new intercooler. Maybe engine mods would be a new clutch, new pistons, spark plugs. Than some pods, rims, tires, stereo system, seats, shaved door handles, steering wheel, new lights, body kit, carbon fibre hood, than end it all with a nice paint job.

I would wait another year for sure for an R34. Those cars are so nice and more powerful than some people think. Plus than you aren't rushed since you have to wait a year to get it.

The R35 though comes with technology though. launch control, nice screen for showing g's, turbo boost, navigation, and what not all built in. But spend 100k on a r34 and it would be a hard choice for me to pick which one I would want.

Thanks, I agree with you, the R34 isn't seen as a beast by many people, but car enthusiasts will see it as a beast of a car. When modded to a point, it can easily beat super cars in straight lines.. I guess I'll wait another year, see what the prices are like, and decide whether i want the R34 skyline or the older generations!

Also, do you think an engine rebuild is necessary? Or should I need to rebuild it if its over a certain mileage, and what mileage? How much would a engine rebuild for a nissan R34 GTR be? Thanks!

Edit @FireFox - The R32's pretty much destroyed everything in their time as well, great cars! :)

Yea they are amazing, I've had the priviledge to drive a few but only the GT-S version's, never the GT-R but one day hopefully I'm going to buy one

Thanks, I agree with you, the R34 isn't seen as a beast by many people, but car enthusiasts will see it as a beast of a car. When modded to a point, it can easily beat super cars in straight lines.. I guess I'll wait another year, see what the prices are like, and decide whether i want the R34 skyline or the older generations!

It's the perfect sleeper car, also not only will it beat super cars in a straight line but also in corners as well

Now take this with a grain of salt, but that's pretty much like buying an Alienware desktop. It's done, nothing to do with it. Change the wheels maybe, give the engine an overhaul but that's about it. Say get an R34 instead (which also happens to be way cooler, sorry R35 fans :D ) you have much more to tweak and tinker with. :)

thats why i have been emailing the company that makes the engine ;) they said is costs $32k to get the engine :P £2-5k for a R34 and allot of time :3 ultimate car of awesomeness 

Character artist in the Games industry.

It's the perfect sleeper car, also not only will it beat super cars in a straight line but also in corners as well

Yup, I heard those R34's are beautiful as drifter cars! Some mods, and it will beat ANY super car easily! We'll be seeing a lot of super cars in the mirrors instead of their tail lights! :wub: :D

thats why i have been emailing the company that makes the engine ;) they said is costs $32k to get the engine :P £2-5k for a R34 and allot of time :3 ultimate car of awesomeness 

32k for the R35 engine? That seems a bit too much imo, better spend the money on the R34 and as you said a lot of time, but in the end it would be worth it ! :wub:

R34 GTS-t 

Single turbo RB25DE-T 2.5L with the bigger gearbox.

R34 GT-R Twin turbo 2.6L RB26DE-TT.

I've owned many a R32 GTS-Ts but no GT-Rs... yet ..

Cheapest R32 GTR here is 12k un-compiled.

Just keep doubling the prices the next generation you go up, they're expensive here, but easy to obtain.

My friends tend to go the cheaper and more power option by getting a R32 GTS (non-turbo) shell and slapping a crate engine into it.

Search up RIPS motorsport, they build some crazy nissans using the RB30.

In my opinion R34s are way too heavy compared to their older counter-parts.

#!

Yea they are amazing, I've had the priviledge to drive a few but only the GT-S version's, never the GT-R but one day hopefully I'm going to buy one

Oh, How were the GT-S versions to drive? Were they still amazing?

R34 GTS-t 

Single turbo RB25DE-T 2.5L with the bigger gearbox.

R34 GT-R Twin turbo 2.6L RB26DE-TT.

I've owned many a R32 GTS-Ts but no GT-Rs... yet ..

Cheapest R32 GTR here is 12k un-compiled.

Just keep doubling the prices the next generation you go up, they're expensive here, but easy to obtain.

My friends tend to go the cheaper and more power option by getting a R32 GTS (non-turbo) shell and slapping a crate engine into it.

Search up RIPS motorsport, they build some crazy nissans using the RB30.

In my opinion R34s are way too heavy compared to their older counter-parts.

so the R34 should be around 50k? That seems a bit too pricy.. and since you have owned GT-S-T's, would you mind telling us the experience of it? A short summary would be nice!

GTS-T single turbo while GTR twin turbo. Not till next year is when you can start shipping in R34's I think. GTR can be a r32 or r33 model. The difference in power is so far apart from the GTS-T that I would get a GT-R model because of that and it's 4wd. These cars are not cheap to repair though. Parts ordered in from japan and not mass produced like they use to be. If your getting it imported learn the rating system for the interior and exterior and go with a company that has reviews and is trust worthy. GTR's usually don't go down in price to much though because of the options and that they can start to be shipped over to other countries. Some places have already imported GTR's though so you can avoid a lot of the hassle but those are not to common.

Be cautious of what your buying and of the total costs before you purchase - import fee, shipping cost, vehicle inspection, insurance, any repairs that your area says need to be done.

You can actually get R32s that are 4WD RB20DeT they're called gts-4, but a weak gearbox coupled with a weak engine makes them less sought after.

#!

Oh, How were the GT-S versions to drive? Were they still amazing?

so the R34 should be around 50k? That seems a bit too pricy.. and since you have owned GT-S-T's, would you mind telling us the experience of it? A short summary would be nice!

Well I drove a standard one, and it wasn't anything amazing, they're pretty slow imo. Standard boost is 8PSI so you can't really feel it. the one I built had a standard 20det engine, but bigger turbo, front mount intercooler, flashed and tuned ECU, bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump, dialled the boost up to 15psi and it was okay, dialled up the boost to 21psi and it was pretty damned scary, as soon as the boost came on at 4,000rpm the back end started slipping out!

It was okay for me, because I'm used to RWD cars but I've known a lot of people to stack them because they have too much power.

The standard drive train is crap once you start upgrading the engine side - I ended up getting a RB25det gearbox from a R33 (big box) and put that in, can handle the power much better.

After 20 years the standard suspension would've probably gone to crap, so ended up getting adjustable suspension and it handled like a dream.

The interior is okay, but watch out for the air vents, they're prone to breaking, even when you adjust it.

Hmm, what else can I say..

It's an awesome cheap car that can make a bit of power!

Nearly every single car enthusiast here in New Zealand has owned or wanted to own a variety of skylines :P

#!

the gt-s is still a monster with the manual you can slam it around corners all day, but in the strait line its not the best, but it doesn't try to be because its a corners car,

but if were talking 130k sports cars id say BMW M6 with the V8 instead of the Godzilla's V6... at least at altitude where i live i took my uncles to 197MPH but its limited to 197.. on I-70 through the Rockies. such a fun car better yet i passed cops all the way down and they didn't stop me

post-12498-0-12394900-1369105986_thumb.j

you need one of these

WP_20130421_005.jpg

i saw this thing at a car show about a month ago. they are just amazing cars

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz