Corsair H110i insanly disappointing performance.

So, just finished building a pc nr2, and did some upgrades on my main pc.

Main:
Case: NZXT H440
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 8350 - Black Edition (stock speed)
GPU: Gainward gtx 770 Phantom 4gb
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8gb (4x2) 1866MHz
PSU: Corsair CX600 v2

Front intake: 1x NZXT FN v2 140mm + 1x NZXT FN v2 120mm
Rear Exhaust: 1x NZXT FN v2 120mm
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i

Now i get an idle temp of 46c socket temp on the cpu with this cooler and the motherboard 45c.
Tried running Uniqine Valley (gpu benchmark) + Prime95 at the same time where my motherboard reached 56c, cpu 69c and gpu 80c.

This system is insanly loud under load and in my opinion gets really hot.

2nd pc:
Case: NZXT Phantom 410
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 6300 (overclocked from 3.5 -> 4.1GHz)
GPU: Asus gtx 650 Ti 2gb
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8gb (4x2) 1600MHz
PSU: Silver Power 500watt

Front intake: 1x NZXT FN 140mm
Rear Exhaust: 1x NZXT FN 120mm
Top Exhaust: 2x Fractial Design 140mm Silent Series
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo with 2x NZXT FN v2 120mm fans running at max speed at all times.

This system is at 29c cpu idle, and 30c on the motherboard
Ran the same dual torture test on this system where the cpu is at 55c, the motherboard at 42c and the gpu at 65c.

Not to mention that this system is pretty much 100% in-audioable even under full load.

I'v re-seated the H100i 3x using new cooling paste from Noctua every time, i know that i'v used the right amount, and that its seated properly. So my final conclusion would be that this cooler just plain and simply sucks. Any thoughts?

AMD processors just run hot.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I'v re-seated the H110i 3x using new cooling paste from Noctua every time, i know that i'v used the right amount, and that its seated properly. So my final conclusion would be that this cooler just plain and simply sucks. Any thoughts?

1. There is no H110i. It's either a H100i or H110.

2. That is actually quite cool, remember you're running your CPU at 100% and is never a real world example.

I would be happy with those temperatures. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

The AMD 8-core processors run very hot, that is the only thing that comes up to mind. Check around on YouTube to see what others are getting and compare.

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Those temps sound a little high for a stock 8350. It's possible that your cooler is defective, but it may be worth testing it on your 6300 to see if it works there. I have an 8320 at stock and it doesn't get anywhere near those temps under load, but maybe the 8350 creates more heat. Test out the cooler on the other PC :)

Edit: What software are you using to check these temps? It might be worth checking with a few different pieces of software such as Core Temp, Real Temp, HWiNFO32, HWMonitor and Asus AI suite, as these can sometimes give very different numbers.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

this type of posts comes up quite often here... wth do people expect?! to run cooler than room temp or something? the cpu is generating well over 100C at full loud, you bringing it down to 30 is a huge difference, even more so considering that you are cooling it with your room temp, so what 20-25C and you only get 5C higher than room... thats near 100% efficiency.. 

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

adding to that, im happy when my cpu and gpu runs at below 80c since thats what i set it to, i set it to keep the fan as slow as possible but keep the temp below 80

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

1. There is no H110i. It's either a H100i or H110.

2. That is actually quite cool, remember you're running your CPU at 100% and is never a real world example.

I would be happy with those temperatures. 

H100i**, thats a typo. ;) 

And for the cpu, its actually quite the real world example as i do alot of video editing / rendering where the cpu is kept at 100% for several hours at a time.

The reason i'm disappointed is because the H100i costs 175$, its insanly much louder and it performes worse that an aircooler that costs 33.5$. Not exactly what i'd expect after reading all the comments regarding this cooler.

The H100i has a crappy mounting system that doesn't put much pressure on the CPU. Try re-seating the cooler and try and put a bit more pressure on it.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

So my final conclusion would be that this cooler just plain and simply sucks. Any thoughts?

I need to do a tutorial on this but I found a way to drastically reduce temps with the h100i. Put some of the rubber isolating mounts from a drive caddy on the inside of the backplate (over the threads) and then mount the block as normal. It increases the mount pressure slightly without being too forceful since it's rubber. It also isn't conductive so no issues there either. This dropped my load temps from 80°C to 65°C (mounting is quite flimsy without mod. 

I'll add pics as soon as I can.

Tightened the waterblock to the extent of where i can still be sure that the motherboard doesn't break from the pressure and it lowered the motherboard temp by around 5c idle and the cpu by 3c. Gonna test out your suggestion as soon as i get hold of some fresh cooling paste xVIP. Used it all from re-seating the waterblock so many times + building the other pc. :)