Rate the Photo Above you

Nice image, The background looks dreamy. I would bump the brightness a little. Image looks slightly dull.

Here is my first attempt on star trails :D Took the shot in my garden, next time it will be somewhere better!

-snip-
Star trails by Mat Teague, on Flickr

Oh good lord that is amazing. 10/10. Here's something not quite so well-done:

03CeUqn.jpg

I realized that my ISO settings were what caused the grain. Still have a lot left to learn, but I suppose I'm getting there.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Oh good lord that is amazing. 10/10. Here's something not quite so well-done

I realized that my ISO settings were what caused the grain. Still have a lot left to learn, but I suppose I'm getting there.

7.5/10, there's some dark spots on the sky, some crap on the lens perhaps? Also I would have liked to see a bit of a tighter crop, so there would be a bit less buildings visible.

GrbLI6P.jpg

There's a bit more grain here than I'd like, but the lighting wasn't the best at the time of taking the picture.

7.5/10, there's some dark spots on the sky, some crap on the lens perhaps? Also I would have liked to see a bit of a tighter crop, so there would be a bit less buildings visible.

GrbLI6P.jpg

There's a bit more grain here than I'd like, but the lighting wasn't the best at the time of taking the picture.

Pretty damn good. 8.5-9/10

I'm impressed by my point and shoot :o

ir9E1IH2L40FA.jpg

i0fatVbbKC8lb.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Pretty damn good. 8.5-9/10

I'm impressed by my point and shoot :o

I'd say that's a solid 9 for the first picture, and maybe an 8 for the second. I like how you've really captured the texture of the paint on both pictures, but the lamp on the front just kinda bugs me on the second one.

UnfbRw8.jpg

Nice image, The background looks dreamy. I would bump the brightness a little. Image looks slightly dull.

Here is my first attempt on star trails :D Took the shot in my garden, next time it will be somewhere better!

13369248953_6de5c799ed_z.jpg
Star trails by Mat Teague, on Flickr

Holy balls Mat. You have a weights bench outside.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I have actually a bunch of photos I'd like to share but for the sake of the thread I'll just keep it with this B&W one for now. Also out of curiousity I want to see if people can tell exactly what I did to achieve this effect :P

elevation.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7com-QTO9jb

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

-snip-

Link not working.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Link not working.

I officially hate google even more now. It is fine for me but it is uploaded to google because I cannot do imgur or anything that makes sense. I think I will try to include it as an attachment via LTT now.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I have actually a bunch of photos I'd like to share but for the sake of the thread I'll just keep it with this B&W one for now. Also out of curiousity I want to see if people can tell exactly what I did to achieve this effect :P

elevation.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7com-QTO9jb

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The link I used to view the image is here:

https://a0cd3de7-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/ftlansible/home/elevation.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7com-QTO9jbFUi-0sVknDaKEpcZKoCdR1gXT89PTkI2AB638L7vpxDykBB0Jmi5ddDL1mbPuOOZdxjOuX2NvUWW9tPi2dbFpPFTInNVRd8-sHZK8TwUf2D7y3_95-mttFIEOUvfdn-XOtCaUnvQzjnitRy_kjyf9dJy4F1hgU6f1PU4CMEJWems3ez9WsXpx10yevSnsdEpA7zXDiG1py3jn9FLU-Q%3D%3D&attredirects=0&height=266&width=400

It is an interesting picture, kinda strange for me. My brain isn't entirely sure what to look at in the photo because of the reflection, but then again that kinda makes the photo. I would say, crop the brick work out of the right slightly more. It takes away from the reflective effect. Also, you may want to boost the contrast slightly as the reflections look a little grey (where they were ment to be black) and flat.

The link I used to view the image is here:

https://a0cd3de7-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/ftlansible/home/elevation.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7com-QTO9jbFUi-0sVknDaKEpcZKoCdR1gXT89PTkI2AB638L7vpxDykBB0Jmi5ddDL1mbPuOOZdxjOuX2NvUWW9tPi2dbFpPFTInNVRd8-sHZK8TwUf2D7y3_95-mttFIEOUvfdn-XOtCaUnvQzjnitRy_kjyf9dJy4F1hgU6f1PU4CMEJWems3ez9WsXpx10yevSnsdEpA7zXDiG1py3jn9FLU-Q%3D%3D&attredirects=0&height=266&width=400

It is an interesting picture, kinda strange for me. My brain isn't entirely sure what to look at in the photo because of the reflection, but then again that kinda makes the photo. I would say, crop the brick work out of the right slightly more. It takes away from the reflective effect. Also, you may want to boost the contrast slightly as the reflections look a little grey (where they were ment to be black) and flat.

Interesting shot. I agree with @the pokemon kid especially with the contrast. Always boost contrast when editing in black and white.

o0npth.jpg

Damn noise.At least it hides the "secret serial number stuff" :P

I've one question...does CGI count as actual photography?

great composition but noisy phone 7/10

frontyardflowers006_zps7c8860a1.jpg

Great depth, beautiful colours, I would like it even more if it was a touch lighter. 8.99879/10 

I've one question...does CGI count as actual photography?

No.  Unless you take a photo of it.

@StormtrooperStu Where did the hamburger go?

Anyway,

ibfpDJLbDgf1Wc.jpg

@StormtrooperStu Where did the hamburger go?

Anyway,

What hamhurger, you must be dreaming fella.

PS, it was a beef burger.

@Nineshadow , nice bike.

My dinner. My slightly out of focus dinner.

Want! :D nice bokeh 8/10

post-14518-0-11071300-1395915055_thumb.j

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

Want! :D nice bokeh 8/10

<snip>

Creative, I like it :) 8/10

13455341224_00f6fa54a3_h.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

I will have to get the lego out tomorrow.

Creative, I like it :) 8/10

-snip-

8/10, There's a tad too much grain here for my liking. I'd also prefer if there was a little more going on in the background, as there's quite a bit of just plain white on the top of the picture.

iRVAw48.jpg 

My kin, my brother, my prince of Mushroom Land.  

You could do better by clearing away as much of the crap as possible to give that fabulous Shroom center stage. 

You will get to LOVE Lightroom and shooting in RAW. @Kefuren

No photos from the previous two so I'll rate the mushroom one again.

@Kefuren I agree with StormtrooperStu about clearing off the stuff around the mushroom, but other than that the exposure is spot on and colors are vibrant.

Heres my photo, taken with a 55-300mm lens at 300mm.

13473659375_75949aa9b1_b.jpg

i5 4690k  -  MSI Z97M Gaming  -  GTX 970  -  Kingston HyperX Savage  -  Samsung 840 EVO  -  Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV