3 way 780 ti or 2 way titan black edition

Soon im buying a new high end gaming pc and will be running my games at 4k but cant decide which cards to buy either a 3 way 780 ti or a 2 way titan black setup. I am aware of the v-ram difference on both cards but from many benchmarks ive seen the titan black 2 way sli and 780 ti 3 way sli are close on fps. But which would be better for my money and gaming experience. Of course i want to use the highest graphics settings possible with playable frame rate also i will be gaming for up to an occasional 8 hours at a time. Please give best advice Thanks!

Get 3 290s/x if you need 3 GPUs, the Titan Black and 780Ti are both wastes of money

The titans aren't worth it for gameplay.  Three 780 TI's have a lot of power, is this just for one monitor?

I would wait for the "800 series" if you're going to be doing 4K

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I'd got dual 780 6GB for now and save the rest for the 800 series

Go triple 290's. X or non doesn't really matter. That's the best performance you can get for your money.

i will be gaming for up to an occasional 8 hours at a time. Please give best advice

Advice: Don't do that, it hurts.

Umm 4k? wait for 4k maybe look into 1440p.If you do 4k get the 88 series whe nit comes out if 1440- 2x290's

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

the amount you pay for 2 titan blacks

you can pay for 3 way CrossFire 290s with water cooling using the Kraken G10 and Kraken X41 combos

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The titans aren't worth it for gameplay.  Three 780 TI's have a lot of power, is this just for one monitor?

You do realise the titan blacks are basically the 780 ti's but with 6gb vram buffer?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

You do realise the titan blacks are basically the 780 ti's but with 6gb vram buffer?

to add on with Double Precision calculations

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yes...?  I don't think I compared them in my post, the OP did.  I don't think the Titan Blacks are worth it for the extra $300 - $400.  But that's just my $.02.

Get 3 290s/x if you need 3 GPUs, the Titan Black and 780Ti are both wastes of money

That's opinion.

I would go for SLI Titan Black because by the time you get anywhere close to utilizing the full power of those cards, you are going to go over 3GB of Vram. In SLI with high end cards. 3GB just isn't enough.

I would go for SLI Titan Black because by the time you get anywhere close to utilizing the full power of those cards, you are going to go over 3GB of Vram. In SLI with high end cards. 3GB just isn't enough.

still i say silly way to spent money

like i said before you can opt for 295X2 with the price you pay for the dual Titan Blacks

still i say silly way to spent money

like i said before you can opt for 295X2 with the price you pay for the dual Titan Blacks

Was he asking about the 295X2? No he was asking Titan Blacks or 780 tis. Answer the question he is asking, it's like seeing a multiple choice quiz and writing in your own answer.

Go triple 290's. X or non doesn't really matter. That's the best performance you can get for your money.

Advice: Don't do that, it hurts.

Get a better chair.

Get a better chair.

Your spine will thank my advice in 10 years.

Yeah i agree with everyone else, if you are thinking of two titan blacks, just go with 3 290X's

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1999.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

against this

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($105.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Tri-X Video Card (3-Way CrossFire)  ($545.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Tri-X Video Card (3-Way CrossFire)  ($545.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Other: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler X 2 ($211.96)
Other: NZXT Kraken G10 bracket X 3 ($104.94)
Total: $2060.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

KappaKing we are giving logical advice

if you still think 2 GPU can beat 3 GPU setups then prove us wrong with real benchmarks