Extremely New to Water Cooling. Need to run a custom loop to my GPU.

I will preface this by saying I know jack shit about custom loops, reservoirs, water blocks, fittings, pumps, fluids, and custom loops. 

My first water cooled anything is in the brand new rig I built last week. i5 4690k with a Coirsair H100i. I love the look of the AIO cooler, and I love the significantly lower temps I get during higher cpu loads. It was this build that really got me into water cooling my entire rig and I was unknowingly forced into doing this due to a defective cooler on my graphics card.  In building this I ran into an issue with my GPU's stock cooler. I posted a thread a few days prior outlining the issue. Basically, the cooler runs at 100% at all times, and I cannot adjust the fan speeds whatsoever.

This problem has forced me to water cool my Asus GTX 780 DirectCU II OC. There are several legitimate reasons; One, I cannot afford to purchase a new graphics card. Two I do not have any of the original packaging for the card so I cannot RMA it. Three I cannot find another heatsink to replace, what I believe, to be the defective one. Four, I want to install the EVGA Hydro Copper bios on this card, and want to ensure that when its overclocked that it runs at as low a temperature as possible. 

I initially thought about getting a Kraken G10 and a Kraken x41 and just going the really easy route and installing a CPU cooler on my GPU. However, the compatibility issues regarding the custom pcb of my card and using a cpu cooler on a gpu has me a bit worried. So I can either go with this idea, OR just do a completely custom loop for only the gpu. 

I will only be water cooling this part so I don't need too many pieces I would assume. I also need this to fit into a Define R4. If people wouldn't mind lending a decent amount of time to helping me find compatible parts for a custom loop I would greatly appreciate it! I'd also like to try and keep it under $250 USD if at all possible.

Thanks for reading! 

Build Info: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/w99WGX

I can tell you right now, the hydro copper won't fit because the asus does not have a reference pcb.

Under $250 is gonna be tough too, the kraken would be your only choice with that budget.

GPU Block : EK 780 DCU2 Waterblock

Pump: D5 or DDC

Reservoir: Dual Bay reservoir (really annoying to bleed, and makes a hell lot of noise with case vibration, but easy to install) or Tube Reservoir

Radiator: 240mm for top such as XSPC EX240, Alphacool XT45

Fittings: Any brand that fits your budget e.g. Bitspower, EK, also need to match OD and ID of tubing

Tubing: Primoflex Advanced LRT

Coolant: Distilled with PT Nuke

Also I think the G10 may be able to fit in the 780 because the mounting should be universal to all GPU

snip

sorry to hear about your cooler. $250USD is cutting it really fine as your block is going to cost around 130-150 then the pump is gonna cost around $100 so you are already over your budget. unless you only get a universal block for the GPU which means it pretty much like using the kraken g10. personally i would custom loop the CPU as well as it will look alot better and you have enough space in the case to be able to do it as well.

here is a list of things you will need.

GPU block: a compatible block for your DCUII card

radiator: atleast a 120mm radiator

pump: i would suggest getting either the laing DDC or D5 pumps as they are reliable

res: well with this all its gonna do is hold your coolant so any will do

tubing: you are gonna need tubing at your prefered size (everyone prefers different sizes from 3/8"-1/2" all the way to 1/2"-3/4") best companies are Primochill advanced LRT and XSPC FLX

fittings: you are gonna need 2 for each component in the loop at the same size as the tubing you choose(if you choose a res/pump combo you only need it for 1 of those)

fans: your best bet for fans is high static pressure fans

coolant: either distilled water and a kill coil or premixed coolant

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02