best themal compound out there?

i found some graphs, but it's like i;ve never heard of there brands, and i can't buy them in the UK,

like the coollaboratory thermal compound, cuz i still have to buy a anti-algea for my loop and a thermal compound, and my budget left if £12

and i need to enough thermal for watercooling both my GPU and CPU.  how many grams of the compound do i need?

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Grams

Gaming rig:

i5-4670k, H100i, MSI Z97 SLI, Vengeance DDR3-1600 2*4GB, 840 EVO 250GB, Barracuda 1TB, GTX 780 Ti, 450D, CX750, VG248QE

Workstation:

Xeon E3-1231 v3, NH-U14S, Asus Z97-PRO, Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 2*8GB, 840 EVO 250GB, 2*WD Red 2TB (RAID 0), GTX 780 Ti, Define R4, AX760, VS229H-P

I use NT-H 1 from noctua. It is definitely one of the best. You might find something that gets you like a degree less, but not much more.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I've got no complaints with my Arctic Silver 5.

You can find better solutions out there, yeah, but i've not had AS5 fail me yet.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I'd say Noctua NT-H1, Arctic Silver 5 or Indigo Xtreme is what I recommend.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

I have done some research into this topic myself recently and found that - for me - Arctic MX2 was the best. It is non conductive, cheap and didn't seem bad in the benchmarks I saw, it would be my suggestion.

The problem I have heard with that paste is that it has a long break-in time, being something like a week of power up/down cycles (or a year of normal use).

If you are new (like me) then it seems like a similar product to the ones that come with the H100, beQuiet and the like are good enough. I think that the MX2 comes under this section of easy-to-use low break-in time but effective pastes; however, the coolaboratory you are mentioning is much harder to use and a more advanced (hardcore almost, from what I have heard) product.

The differences are so small most applications will be fine with the Arctic MX2 and it allows you to make a mistake and not break the system. As for amounts, I have no clue. But it from the installation videos I have seen of GPUs, I wouldn't have thought you would need more than a tube of this stuff if you spent £12 on it.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=TH-008-AR

Don't quote me on the amounts, as I have never done it before. I think that should be enough though looking at the size of GPU contacts to the heatsink.

ArduousFormula

at the moment i stil use the compound from the corsair h75, normally a use cooler master ic-essential e2 gold

CPU -i5 4670k 4.6ghz 1.210v/MOBO - asus sabertooth z87/CPU COOLER - corsair h105/MEM - 8gb corsair dominator platinum 2133mhz /VIDEOCARD - 2x msi r9 270x/PSU be-quit dark power pro 10 1000w/SSD  - scandisk ultra plus 128gb/HDD 2x Seagate 1tb/CASE - cooler master haf X

if you want the best of the best and dont care about price indigo extreme is recommended

LINK:http://indigo-xtreme.com/

I'd say Noctua NT-H1, Arctic Silver 5 or Indigo Xtreme is what I recommend.

You can't use Indigo Xtreme on GPUs as it is socket specific and they don't make for GPUs but it is a damn good TIM for CPUs once you have a low ambient like 28C and under.

I recommend IC Diamond, Noctua NT-H1,Liquid Ultra and Gelid GC-Extreme.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

do i need an anti-algea agent if my tubes are matt black, so no light is going in, them how does the algea grow?

I use AS5. I still have alot of that stuff left over. lol

Antec Formula 7 NANO Diamond is some pretty good stuff. It's not liquid-y like the other high rated compounds you could find.

I personally have Formula 6 and it's pretty solid. It doesn't need the 300 hours of curing time either.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

The general population seems to gravitate to the MX 2. Its not very expensive so get your self a few and see which one works the bestbfor you. Make sure to apply it correctly as well or you will get terrible temps. Too much is the same or worse as too little.

You can't use Indigo Xtreme on GPUs as it is socket specific and they don't make for GPUs but it is a damn good TIM for CPUs once you have a low ambient like 28C and under.

I recommend IC Diamond, Noctua NT-H1,Liquid Ultra and Gelid GC-Extreme.

Correction: you can't use it on a GPU in its standard packaging. People have made it work. Somewhere over on Extreme Overclockers a nutjub drove the Titan Z up to 1.36 GHz using a peltier cooler with a chilled liquid loop on top of it, the pad sitting atop reflowed Indigo XS.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Correction: you can't use it on a GPU in its standard packaging. People have made it work. Somewhere over on Extreme Overclockers a nutjub drove the Titan Z up to 1.36 GHz using a peltier cooler with a chilled liquid loop on top of it, the pad sitting atop reflowed Indigo XS.

That is a very rare case and yes you can do it that way but i am 99% sure OP was not referring to this specific case.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

what is the thermal compound that is standard at the corsair,s aio wc???

do more people have any expirience with cooler master  ic-essential e2 gold?

CPU -i5 4670k 4.6ghz 1.210v/MOBO - asus sabertooth z87/CPU COOLER - corsair h105/MEM - 8gb corsair dominator platinum 2133mhz /VIDEOCARD - 2x msi r9 270x/PSU be-quit dark power pro 10 1000w/SSD  - scandisk ultra plus 128gb/HDD 2x Seagate 1tb/CASE - cooler master haf X

what is the thermal compound that is standard at the corsair,s aio wc???

do more people have any expirience with cooler master  ic-essential e2 gold?

Honestly you're probably best off with Promilatech, Arctic Silver, or Gelid for thermal pastes just following the various roundup guides from 2013. If you really know what you're doing with metal/metaloid reactions (some metals eat others) then you can get superior results going with Coolab's liquid metal TIM (used by delidders of the Haswell line and some Overclocking enthusiasts between the cooler and heatspreader) or the EKWB Indigo Extreme/XS.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Shin-Etsu TIM

Eh, I've seen mixed reviews about it. Often it comes all globbed up and unusable, or so thick spreading it is a nightmare. Maybe it was packaging problems, but that's what I've heard.