Destiny beta test begins July 23 for Xbox One and Xbox 360

Dietrichw

Source

Bungie

destiny_desktop.jpg?itok=QX82WvzK

Destiny, the long awaited sci-fi first person shooter from developer Bungie, the original creators of the Halo series, will launch its beta test July 23 for Microsoft's Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles, a week after it begins for PlayStation 3 and PS4 owners.

At the moment, the only way anyone can participate in the Destiny beta test is to pre-order the full game, which will be released on September 9. The beta test period will end on July 26 and anyone who plays in the beta on that day will get an exclusive in-game emblem that can be transferred to their character in the full version of Destiny. 

Microsoft recently confirmed that the final version of Destiny will get an increase in its previously planned resolution, thank to the company ditching the Kinect add-on requirement which allows developers more access to the console's hardware.

Up until a few months ago i thought this was an open world adventure game, but nupe, another fps

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Not on pc -------> who gives a f**k.

To directly answer your question: millions of people.

I think it would be a good pc game if it was on pc

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

This is going to be the game that I buy a PS4 for. If it came out on PC then great but with Bungies track record I can never realistically hope for that.

To directly answer your question: millions of people.

I feel like this game is going to be a flop for the most part. Activision put 500 million USD into this thing. That's just way too much for a game that has no predecessors or track record to speak of. I don't think they'll make any sort of profit on it. Maybe they know that and don't really care at the moment. Knowing Activision there's gonna be about 60 more of these made.

I thought it was coming to pc

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This is going to be the game that I buy a PS4 for. If it came out on PC then great but with Bungies track record I can never realistically hope for that.

This describes myself exactly.  Although it goes beyond just a single game as the sole reason I buy the console (Uncharted, God of War, etc), Destiny was the game that made me think about potentially having to buy a console just to experience the game.

I also realized that if the game indeed came to PC at some point, it would be likely years after initial release and during a time where the hype of the game had died down significantly.  So in order to not miss out on yet another great gaming experience, I've grind my teeth and decided to get a PS4.  If I were able to buy this for PC and play it on my 1440p IPS display on my 2x GTX 680s, I certainly would.  But it's just not going to happen from a game release perspective.

I feel like this game is going to be a flop for the most part. Activision put 500 million USD into this thing. That's just way too much for a game that has no predecessors or track record to speak of. I don't think they'll make any sort of profit on it. Maybe they know that and don't really care at the moment. Knowing Activision there's gonna be about 60 more of these made.

Aye. It's bungie so it has some built in fans just by default, I know a bunch in fact a good friend is one of the smartest persons I know, except when it comes to videogames and mainly due to his irrational love of both Nintendo and Bungie.

But those types are isolated cases, most of the "Halo" gamer bros just won't jump in if there's no master chief, at the end of the day for games on this big a scale being a new IP it's a tremendous and not so smart gamble that is more likely to flop than to succeed. 

In fact I don't even think Activision themselves expect this first instance to be a success, they just have enough CoD money lying around that they are willing to look at the long game instead and likely have like 3 or 4 sequels spawning 6 or 7 years already planned.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They have not put 500 million into this game.  This figure was largely misinterpreted and has floated across the Internet like how a lot of other information propagates over the Internet.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-budget-nowhere-near-500-million-bungie-says/1100-6420802/

There's no question mark after my STATEMENT ;)

Although there was no punctuation at the end of your statement whatsoever, I treated it like a question because it began with the word "who". ;)

They have not put 500 million into this game.  This figure was largely misinterpreted and has floated across the Internet like how a lot of other information propagates over the Internet.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-budget-nowhere-near-500-million-bungie-says/1100-6420802/

That makes more sense. I figured if it was 500 million it was their way to try and make sure that the next installment sells more and begins to make a profit.

Although there was no punctuation at the end of your statement whatsoever, I treated it like a question because it began with the word "who". ;)

Let's not delve into technicalities, "who gives a ......" is a rethorical question to say I don't care which in this respect is equivalent to a statement.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Two codes at the ready. And now, we wait. Maybe I'll stream it so you guys can check it out.

:D

a0ZJf.jpg

COMIC SANS

Let's not delve into technicalities, "who gives a ......" is a rethorical question to say I don't care which in this respect is equivalent to a statement.

I agree.  When people type WTF, it is usually not accompanied with a question mark.

Nonetheless, I answered the question anyway. :)

the amount of fucks I give about this game is 0 because I can't play it on PC.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I want to be more excited for Destiny, I liked playing Halo and my time playing it with friends was memorable, but I've watched some of the trailers and streams of the alpha on twitch and I feel like it is missing things.  It definitely has the Halo vibe, but I really haven't seen anything that's going to make me go out and buy a new console.  I feel like the game is going to be a lot narrower than they are letting on, just like how they said in, I think it was Halo 3, 'all those distant objects are real, and you can go there if you want', only for there to be invisible walls in the way.  There also seems to be a lack of vertical movement space, as in most everything is in a corridor or outside, with a sprinkling of multi-floor buildings around.  It makes the world seem small, and that isn't going to be something they can get away with in a persistent world game.

And yea, they really should have dropped 360, ps3 dev time to get a working pc version.

never gonna buy bungie games, or naughty dog's games, simply because they dont develope on PC, and even if they did i still wont buy their games.

really fps that doesnt get ported to pc ? really ?

No PC no interest!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Forgive me if I'm oversimplifying the game/getting it horrifically wrong, but from what I've seen it just seems to be a more in depth MMO Borderlands  :unsure:

I'd be much happier with it if it appeared to be more character driven, so I doubt I'd be getting it (plus, you have to preorder just to get in the beta  :()

Quietly crafting hamsters to do my bidding