Mighty No. 9 launches second crowdfunding campaign for "bonus" content

Dietrichw

Source

Japanese developer Comcept has launched a second crowdfunding campaign for side-scrolling platformer Mighty No. 9.

Comcept and design star Keiji Inafune launched a Kickstarter for Mighty No. 9 last year and on 1st October it was funded with a whopping $3.8m raised from over 70,000 backers.

Now, it's going back to crowdfunding via PayPal in a bid to raise more money for bonus content, a move Comcept said was sparked by feedback from the game's fans. There's only one stretch goal announced so far: full English voice acting for $100,000.

And to coincide with the announcement, pre-orders for the game have been opened up. You can pre-order a digital copy of the game for $23. The digital copy plus the digital reward bundle, which includes a digital retro-style manual, digital art book, strategy guide and soundtrack, costs $50. And there's an $80 version, which includes the digital copy, the digital reward bundle and Steam Early Access. Comcept said money raised through pre-orders does not go towards the bonus content stretch goal.

Abuse of crowd funding or is this still reasonable?

....Megaman...nuff said.

Not sure what you mean...

It's run by the guy who made Megaman. The idea is that it's a modern Megaman, but run by a company who is lead by the guy who made him now. Rather than Capcom and their debauchery.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Not sure what you mean...

It's run by the guy who made Megaman. The idea is that it's a modern Megaman, but run by a company who is lead by the guy who made him now. Rather than Capcom and their debauchery.

Thats why i said Megaman lol :P

still id rather see Legends 3 or an official last Megaman game (that leads up to X) but i guess Capcom is Hogging the licences and wont do shit.

Anyway my pickle with this one is the "sillyness" they added to it. ill still keep an eye on it but hmm we will se..