how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

I was just a kid getting started on the custom computers world, saw a computer case called HAF 922, yup, that one from Cooler Master and decided to give it a quick lookup on youtube. Found this guy that looked like Eminem (lol) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2QM56t6D0 and fell in love with the channel and the case. It is absolutely amazing the amount of stuff I learnt from watching Linus' videos. Thank you for everything!

I was searching for water-cooling videos and saw one of his first videos on NCIX Tech.

Five years ago when I was looking into building my first pc and couldn't find a good video I stumbled across the ncix YouTube channel.

I was subscribed to Austin for a few months (he was the first tech channel I had subscribed to) and then they did a givaway together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pepcmcq277A

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

i didnt expect this to get such a large response lmao. i posted then went to sleep and came on seeing 3k views. ily guys. ily this forum.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Around 6 years ago when I was looking into buying the GTX 295 to build my PC. I remember his squeeky voice too :P! I'm pretty sure i was wacthing him prior to that video too though.

I still am running on that GTX 295, gosh it has been a while - time for an upgrade soon.

My first experience (as best i can recall) was when I was looking for a new case and was researching the HAFX at around the time it was released. Up until that point I had mostly ended up watching 3DGameman. I found Linus far more in depth look at the case more helpful to me.

Around 2013 in August or September I saw a video of his showing over a water build (continued to look through videos) and then found out a few weeks later that a forum existed. Then I came here in the beginner of this year.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Mid 2012, when I was looking at building my first rig.  For nearly every part I searched, Linus had a unboxing for it.

March this year, building my own pc for the first time in 13 years so needed a refresher.  Between Linus's channel and JJ from Asus Youtube vids, put together my pc no problem.  Now I'm strangely addicted to technical specs and cannot leave   :P

I was trying to look for the proper way to apply thermal pastes and found him on NCIX tech tips.

I was searching for unboxings/opinions on the Corsair H100i for my build. I really liked his style, so I subscribed and became a fan myself!

Related video on an old Newegg video.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Early this year. (Damn, I'm so late to the party).

But the story is like this: I was in a very sad period of my life, wanting to give up on things and just stay at home under the blanket.

But I decided to watch some Youtube on my LG smartv (I know, I know...) and the "what to watch" thing suggested me a Wan Show. I thought the name "LinusTechTips" to be funny/smart, so I started watching it.

Love at first sight. :D

The interaction between Linus and Luke was so funny and lighthearted, the news and analysis were actually interesting. The WAN Show really made me happier, so I watched a ton of it and other videos from LMG. And now these guys are my favorite on the whole interweb.

Thanks Linus and Luke!

(B-Roll, Edzel, Taran and Nick too)

LTT is love, LTT is life! (for real)

From Tek Syndicate, so, for me at least,  you can say thanks to Logan :P

The first video I saw was a WAN show with MKBHD. MKBHD liked the video or something, so I saw it. I started watching it, and it was interesting so I kept watching it and subscribed

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

wanted to see unboxing of my cpu and saw linus unboxing i3 540 on a sofa. :)

First video of Linus I watched was the Techquickie anti-aliasing as fast as possible one

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

I found him while searching for some components for a new computer of mine, I forgot what he was reviewing (I think it was processor) but he was holding his baby on his hand, holding him upside down and stuff. That's when I started liking his personality a lot, and then proceeded to subscribe.

Around 6 years ago when I was looking into buying the GTX 295 to build my PC. I remember his squeeky voice too :P! I'm pretty sure i was wacthing him prior to that video too though.

I still am running on that GTX 295, gosh it has been a while - time for an upgrade soon.

Hey, I'm still using a GTX295 too! Man, we're so poor! :D

Almost 3 years ago when I started looking at "expensive" PC parts, everything was expensive for me :P, with my search I stumbled at Linus's video unboxing of the Asus Mars 2 Dual GTX 580 card. After it I became quite exited about PC's and tech channels like Linus and such. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaQD0AAMnk

Ahh that old intro, so much nostalgia :lol:

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

His first year unboxing he did an item I was looking at, but I can't remember what it was, very long time ago.

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.

Earlier this year I bought a new gaming PC, and I was looking for closed loop watercooler reviews.

I found one video that I liked, subscribed to the channel and watched every single video since then.

*edit: forgot to say, I found using the search on youtube

I was browsing for a review on the Z77A-GD65 Gaming and stumbled upon his video. I then later learned he had a forum.

Before i had a Google account which was 3 years ago (bookmarking youtube channels)

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.