how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

I was looking for a review of some graphics card about a year and a half ago, saw his channel and the video/audio quality looked nice so I watched it and almost immediately subbed.

Four years ago, as he had one of the only videos of MSI Big Bang XPOWER, which I fell in love with (and it was a fucking amazing choice). I also found my Patriot memory on his channel. Then I forgot about the channel and found it a while ago while building my new monstrosity of a PC.

It's funny. I was looking up different linux reviews and such and I happened to come across Linus who has nothing to do with linux. I misread LinusTechTips and though it said LinuxTechTips.

Seeing what SLI was and how it worked. Honestly at the time it was good, but now he just dosn't know what he's talking about when it comes down to SLI. 

The first video I saw was on the corsair website.

The first video of linus I saw was on the ncix com channel of some janky blonde haired scrub with a grey adidas sweatshirt unboxing a corsair computer case.  Oh how the times have changed

I put the ass in assume

I saw the giveaway collaboration Austin Evans was doing with Linus for the iPhone 5C. I subbed for the contest, but decided I should check out Linus' channel since I'd actually been hearing people in my computer science class talking about him. Instant favorite tech channel evar.

Overkill build guide!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :rolleyes:  B)  :ph34r:

5+ years ago

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Not so long ago, thanks to The WAN show with TotalBiscuit.

I finally subbed when he did the original office tour. But I watched a bunch of his stuff, (NCIX and LTT) since 2010.

CPU: 4970k 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 980 Stock RAM: Mushkin 1600MHz 16GB Cooler: Noctua DH 15

I've found him on YT randomly probably 5 or 6 years ago. Back then he did unboxings outside or in NCIX.

I started watching abut 2+ years ago. I can't remember what video it was though. :(

Back then the lines between NCIX Tech Tips and Linus Tech Tips were blurred. After a while, I realized I had been watching LTT videos.

I first signed up for YouTube, searched for something and his channel popped up. I liked him, subscribed to him(my first subscription), immediately watched 3 or 4 videos, and an hour later he was hacked. Later I was reading that it was resolved, so I was reminded of him, and I have been watching him ever since. I watched every single video he made. 

Found him through looking at gtx 560ti vs AMD Radeon 6950, and found his reviews.

I subbed to LTT quite a long time ago, back when they were actually unboxings.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I was looking for a review of the Nvidia Geforce GTS 250, and I saw his ncix video, since then I've always watched his videos :P

About 4 months ago I upgraded my alienware x51 with a gtx760. Then started researching other options and ran into Linus tech channel. Nearly 3k later I built my own system...damn you Linus !

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

A long time ago when the giant noctua cooler did just as well as the h100, that sorta blew my mind.

Found him on NCIX originally. I probably found him through Newegg's computer building video's.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

I don't remember, I think I was looking at some graphics card or cooler and saw a video of Linus working on his personal pc on the floor of his room in the dark or something like that

I remember his voice that I thought was extra weird :P

Also remember his old-style live streams, which I kind of miss

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"