how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

I was researching Powerline adapters and I found an old video with Linus comparing one to Ethernet and WiFi. I liked his personality so I checked out some of his other videos and subscribed.

When i was "optimizing" my Core 2 Duo pc for gaming about 3 years ago i wanted to know if the PCIE 4x slot would bottleneck a gpu (my motherboard only had an AGP and a PCIE 4x slot).

So i found this video on Youtube:

And soon after i subscribed after realizing how great and entertaining the information/content was.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Well I was searching for ssd's reviews and my brother is a big fan of ncix , so I decided to have a look at ncix and I kept following Linus on YouTube for a while then I found his forum ,

Well I was searching for ssd's reviews and my brother is a big fan of ncix , so I decided to have a look at ncix and I kept following Linus on YouTube for a while then I found his forum ,

Started watching him back in 2011

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I was building my computer and needed a solid review on the Maximus V Extreme. I was not dissapointed to find he has reviewed every part I have in my computer except for my PSU :)

Wanted to build my own PC, needed to fine out how, looked it up on YT and Linus's videos were the mostful helpful.

When i was trying to find out how to build my first PC a couple years back.

Last year I was looking for videos about the BitFenix Prodigy, and found a video with Linus... it took me some time, but I eventually subscribed to his channel...

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |

I was looking up how to install windows from a USB and I found his video on NCIX.

I went to Youtube and saw it in the recommended section and checked it out and ever since I've been watching, I think it's been a little over a year now.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Started watching him on NCIXcom. I don't think LinusTechTips even existed yet.

Around 4 months ago through the following video: LinusTechTips VS NCIXcom Battle to the Death International Contest Giveaway!

A friend of mine sent this to me so I'd watch and participate and I've been a viewer of both channels ever since.

looking at reviews of the HD 7870

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I found out about Linus while I was shopping on NCIX for the first time. If you actually look at the components, you often see videos of Linus on them, including from his LTT channel.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I watched you on NCIX then I was watching like "beta" wanshow when you were doing it in the living room very retro. You guy's were talking about wanting to start a forum AND YOU DID! Good Job Linus and company LTT FTW!!! GL on upcoming ideas i'll be a supporter even if you're reviewing Disney movies! gogogogogogogo

I found it because I wanted to build my own pc and found one of Linuses. I watched it and went to see if he had more. He did! :D I am still here about 1 year later and loving his content still. :D

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

I don't remember exactly how I found his channel, but I guess I just stumbled across it while surfing the tekky corner of YouTube. Subscribed, totally worth it! Keep the great content coming!

I found the forum through the channel, BTW.

Siberia v2 headset review :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I was looking up some parts and he did unboxings and reviews of them for NCIX. I liked the format of a person trying to explain a product while discussing their surroundings as they expanded (like being happy for a new monitor/camera coming in) and just followed since then.

Several months before LTT Live stream started on the kitchen in 2012. I was trying to figure out which hardware to buy for my new gaming rig.

2 years ago I got to know that i would get a Gtx 550ti from a leftover pc , but at that time I only had a laptop and I couldn't afford the other parts to make a pc and I was wondering how it would look like and the performance etc , then I bumped into this video , then I was like : I like this guy so I looked at his channel etc. and that encouraged me to build my own pc 2 years ago.

That video from @LinusTech will always stay in my mind as the video that started something great , something that i still love doing today , building computers.

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

I think it was about 4 years ago when i was gonna do my first computer build for my brother and I was researching parts that I stumbled upon some NCIX video and liked Linus's personality and how informative the videos were and now we are here, 5 builds later and I still love to watch every video! 

I wanted to upgrade my gpu and found one of his ncix videos 3 years ago. Been watching his vids and streams eversince then.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I was browsing youtube for mechanical keyboard reviews, and voila! That came up.
I liked his charismatic personality, so I subscribed to both NCIX and LinusTechTips.

TL;DR: Browsing Youtube.