Need a well built laptop for under $1000

I am looking to buy a 13 inch laptop for under $1000 but it has to be built well with a premium material like aluminium. I am willing to buy the MacBook Air as it meets most of my demands but I really want to see what else is out there. Here's a small list of the things this laptop really needs:

-Aluminum design

-Lightweight (under 4 pounds)

-Great battery life (preferably over 8 hours)

->= 120 GB SSD

-13 inch display

This laptop will be mostly for school work and programming. Gaming would be a nice addition but thanks to Steam in home streaming I don't really need discrete graphics. 

Resolution isn't too big of a concern for me. The only gaming this machine will need to do is Civilization V so I know a Haswell i5 can do it. If you know of any laptops that meet these requirements please help me. I don't want to buy a piece of garbage that I have to haul around anymore. 

Thank you!

-Kyle

i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz, 16GB DDR3 @1866MHz, MSI Gaming X 8G GTX 1080@2060MHz, 500GB SSD, 2TB Raid 0 HDD, 240GB Raid 0 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 850W PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

Get out of here, we build desktop PCs.

Just joking.  :P

I don't really know.

Take a look at some Hp elitebook's or the Dell latitude series. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Take a look at some Hp elitebook's or the Dell latitude series. 

Yes HP has some great options, if you want SSD though that would mean you would be ordering your self and installing, that being said an Samsung 840 Pro series can just clone the drive on the current laptop, and voilà

Get a Mini ITX PC and one of those 12" displays, if you can't carry it on your backpack you gotta lift bro!

Vaio Pro 13 

Asus UX301A

Asus UX302

Asus UX301

Macbook Air

Acer Aspire S7 

Interested in Business and Technology

Really only the Aspire S7 and the Macbook Air come into mind. Though the Vizio Ultrabooks look pretty nice, but I haven't heard anything about them and they're reliability. 

This is the Dell that Linus uses

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F3ZNQXU/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?keywords=xps%2012&qid=1404471135&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I think the yoga may be under your budget as well. The air will get better battery life than most other options but there may be some small coding format differences between osx and Windows. I don't know for sure, but I remember some other comp sci students having problems with their code running when they sent it to the TA at some point.

With a Typecover you just perfectly described the Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

The i3 or i5 version.

So yeah, Microsoft Surface Pro 3 x1000.