unboxing video's

wtfxmitchell

i miss the unboxing video's he did a year ago, i like the new kind of style but i just miss the old unboxings

so should linus do unboxing video's again with cases or motherboard, because thos are the ones i miss the most.

(this gave me the idea to do this poll ( http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/176955-a-rare-look-into-the-linustechtip-meetings/ )

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I really miss the "low production value" unboxings.

i miss the ''ooooh, what's in the box'' feeling

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I think alot of people miss it but i dont think hes going to go back unfortunately :(

I really miss seeing the box and what it looks like inside with everything :/

I like his review style more but these kinds of videos take so much time and effort that he can't, say fopr example cover 6-8 new graphics cards designs each with it's features and whatnot. Instead he focuses on a wider variety of tech which i personally am not interested in but it still is kind of nice to watch.

I do miss the e.g. occasional fan unboxing through.

who cares...

I realy miss the "Garage" videos.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Quoting what I said on this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/176955-a-rare-look-into-the-linustechtip-meetings/

"I miss the old unboxings too, but in order to maintain a professionally presented channel Linus has to provide the most information in as little time as possible, as well as provide his opinion on the subject/product. This professionalism is what gets him sponsors and the sponsors allow him to provide the viewers with more videos.

But as said before, a good compromise is a short unboxing and run-down of the features at the start of the video, and then, after he has had enough time with the product he can present the full scripted video, complete with opinions and sponsor spots."

@LinusTech take a look at this.

I really,really,really like his unbox videos , it is somewhat better & feels interactive somehow , no matter who's holding the camera even @ a bad angle he's pretty much nails it perfectly in every aspect of his showmanship, it's rather interesting than those heavily cut & edited videos from other channels, we already have that kind of unboxings anywhere else, but it's like his vintage signature move imho, So yes, i would very much like to see him do unboxing videos.  nothing scripted tho from begining to end with very little cut in between.

Details separate people.

Yes, he should do them. No, he wont. Particularly when he's twitting about how successful he is now that he's not doing them, it only validates his desire to move on to this types of videos.

It's cool, though he damn well better do the Phantek mini xl when it's finally out, that's too damn awesome to pass.

-------

Current Rig

-------