[build log] diagonalmod: first stage complete

update: hype

3eef4effe71863a5e99b35b094295f4b.gif

sry its so shaky

only thing i got for you guys is a teaser, she doesnt leak AFAIK, pictures will be made and uploaded tomorow.

you can also see a glimpse of the sleeved cables (black bitfenix alchemy)

still need to mount the hard drive before i can test if she boots

woot woot woot.

ActualFeistyBettong.gif

Blarg

update: stage 1 complete = she can run again

the colors are a bit weird with this camera. should be a bit brighter

she boots, she doesn't leak anymore, she runs and she keeps cool :)

6V3ijTd.jpg

If you pay close attention you can see the sleeved cables: pcie + atx + cpu power.

also you can see the single 120mm fan alongside of the 2 140mm fan. This will be fixed somewhere in the future.

sbSUiXG.jpg

Hiding this mess is going to be tough. For example: i HAVE to put the atx and pcie connectors in the cpu heatsink cutout, because i didn't want to leave to much space behind the motherboard. (its less then 1 cm. could even be 8mm or less)

In order to wire up the fans to a single connector, i had to make a splitter cable myself. Worked out better than i hoped.

wJhS0RS.png

proof that she wasn't started up in a long time

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

This looks like its going to be soo goood! i can't wait for more progress!

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

• 9 months later...

hey guys, if anyone is still following this:

i basically have run my system +- in that state for almost a year. I didn't find the time and courage to really work on it hard enough, and i still haven't figured out how i would build the top and front part, without it costing more than a couple hundreds.

About 2 weeks ago my gtx770 died, and since the holes in the orange plates wouldn't align with the waterblock of any upgrade, and since i didnt thrust the psu anymore, i figured i might just buy a new case (that was finished in the factory)

new parts:

- evga 980ti superclocked (still have to buy a waterblock)

- corsair rm750i psu

- corsair 750D

- soft tubing

- fittings: these normally are for compressed air, but i like the orange, and they work as well

Jrrenoj.jpg

around summer ill probably put a new cpu, mobo and ram in. perhaps a bigger ssd as well

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

I wish I had the money for 3D printing... :(

You can buy one for $100... Although it uses a very expensive laser-reactive resin. $60 for a liter of resin which is Equivalent to aproximately 1 meter of filament. While you can by a little over 2 meters for around $20, this is in USD

the resin hardens when exposed to a laser and doesnt produce heat, while filament has to be heated to about 230*C or sometimes higher

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.