Can I use my RIG for Bitcoin mining ?

Hello Forum,

I want to ask some questions about Bitcoin Mining.

1st: Can I use my RIG for Bitcoin Mining ? I have a FX-4170, ASUS HD7770, ASUS M5A97 PRO.

2nd: Approximately how much Bitcoin will I earn per 24h on my RIG ?

3rd: How much USD does a Bitcoin cost ?

I'm new to this, so please don't get mad if I just asked something stupid :D Thank you :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Well you can but dont expect big results! Approximation would be 1 bitcoin per... at least a week but probably more( lot more ), and the value depends on the time

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

1- you can mine but it not gonna fast,

2-  like 0.00032 BTC/day  

3- Today 5/18/2013 at this time 1 BTC = 113 USD  can check here

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Thank you very much guys. So basically, I'll be earning 113 USD per week ?

If I run the tool for mining, is that going to reduce my performance in games (like Folding@home does) ?

If it will, will it decrease my performance drastically ?

If I OC my GPU and CPU will I get more Bitcoins per week ?

Thank you very much for the hep guys. Sorry for the big amount of questions, but I'm new to this so........ :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Even at .01Btc a week you would be earning 11 dollars a week. Hope power is cheap and you are ok with lower life on your components. Not worth it imo with all this industrial equipment coming to market making difficulty harder you will just be making less and less.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Thank you very much guys. So basically, I'll be earning 113 USD per week ?

If I run the tool for mining, is that going to reduce my performance in games (like Folding@home does) ?

If it will, will it decrease my performance drastically ?

If I OC my GPU and CPU will I get more Bitcoins per week ?

Thank you very much for the hep guys. Sorry for the big amount of questions, but I'm new to this so........ :)

You are not going to get 113 per week with your pc, not even close, while mining you are no going to be able to play.

Since you are new, keep asking questions and researching before you start.

Looking around,

You will not be able to do anything that uses your gpu, even browsing the internet can be laggy depending on intensity/aggression you set.

There are a few resources you should look at.

http://www.coinchoose.com/ - Will help you choose what coin you want to mine.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison - Bitcoin Mining speeds (sha-256 coins)

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison Litecoin Mining Speeds (Scrypt)

https://btc-e.com/ - Exchange and current prices for various coins

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc - Litecoin Calculator

http://dev.bitcoinx.com/profit/ - bitcoin caclulator

7770 on Sha-256 (bitcoin) can get 200 M/hash

7770 on Scyrpt (litecoin) can get 170 k/hash

You can then enter your info into the calculators to see an estimate of how much you could potentially make.

Unless you have a ton of hashing power you will need to join a pool to see any results. Right now you would earn about $30 a month, however it would likely cost more in electricity to keep mining 24/7

You will be much better off purchasing and then trading or holding coins. Your rig can mine, however you'd save money by buying the coins from an exchange.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

You are not going to get 113 per week with your pc, not even close, while mining you are no going to be able to play.

Since you are new, keep asking questions and researching before you start.

In that case, what is the amount of money that I'll be getting approximately with my RIG ? :)

Is there a way to turn off the Bitcoin mining when I want to play a game so it doesn't lagg ?

Thank you

In that case, what is the amount of money that I'll be getting approximately with my RIG ? :)

Is there a way to turn off the Bitcoin mining when I want to play a game so it doesn't lagg ?

Thank you

according to THIS page.

Coin              Algo        Difficulty       Reward     Revenue Coins / Day        Revenue BTC / Day          Profit  USD / Day

Bitcoin.png Bitcoin    SHA-256 11187257    25            0.00899                        0.00899                        $0.67

Litecoin.png Litecoin  scrypt      593.046       50            0.288                            0.00775                        $0.51

with this values

Algorithm              Hashrate           Power (W)             Power Cost ($/kWh)      Period

SHA-256              200 MH/s           120                               0.15                             Day

scrypt                   170   kH/s          120                                         0.15                                      Day

there you have it. 

As for gaming you just need to close the miner program!

Looking around,

according to THIS page.

Coin              Algo        Difficulty       Reward     Revenue Coins / Day        Revenue BTC / Day          Profit  USD / Day

Bitcoin.png Bitcoin    SHA-256 11187257    25            0.00899                        0.00899                        $0.67

Litecoin.png Litecoin  scrypt      593.046       50            0.288                            0.00775                        $0.51

with this values

Algorithm              Hashrate           Power (W)             Power Cost ($/kWh)      Period

SHA-256              200 MH/s           120                               0.15                             Day

scrypt                   170   kH/s          120                                         0.15                                      Day

there you have it. 

As for gaming you just need to close the miner program!

-,- So I'll get 0.67$ a day, which means that I'll be getting 4$ per week. That is not worth the time neither the electricity. So it's better to buy one of those Butterfly miners. Right ?

Thank you all guys for the help. I really appreciate it.

You should know, you are no going to be able to mine litecoins with the butterfly miners.

Looking around,

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. It's me again. I was just reading a PCFormat magazine on my iPhone. I subscribed to them and I get every issue. In one of the last issues, there was instructions on how to start mining for Bitcoins. I just downloaded everything, and I'm mining right now. But there is still a couple of questions that I want to ask. BTW the site I use is mining.bitcoin.cz

A. I get 208 Mhash/s with my OCd 7770. How much money am I going to earn in 1 week, with my mining working 24/7 ?

B. My estimated reward for current round is : 0.00022550 BTC. Is that good ?

C. And what exactly is a ''Current round'' ?

Thank you very much for helping me out guys. Thanks to al of you that posted and answered my questions :D :P

Edit: My estimated reward for current round is going up after every ''Share''. Now it's at 0.00026097