TastyPC NZXT H630 review

Zims

TastyPC on youtube just did a NZXT H630 case review.

If you interested Go to

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

Can't go wrong with TastyPC ;)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I agree with quite a lot of the stuff she said. A silence optimised case doesn't have to have that level of restricted ventilation.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I agree with quite a lot of the stuff she said. A silence optimised case doesn't have to have that level of restricted ventilation.

Yeah thats been my fear all along when I started looking at the case.  I love the way it looks but those 2 thin slivers of air vent does appear it might be an issue.  

If you stayed air cooled and put 2 fans at the bottom it might be ok in an air cooled case.  Water cooled though you might be restricted to putting the radiator only at the bottom and only using a 240.  

Will wait for linus or some other more indepth reviews to come out.  3dgameman did a review a few days back but his review was extremely basic and really was just kind of a "hey look its an h630" type of review.  

If you stayed air cooled and put 2 fans at the bottom it might be ok in an air cooled case.

I agree. That case seems great for air cooling if you use low RPM fans in the bottom. Watercooling, not so much. I wouldn't try even a closed loop CPU cooler on the top because of ventilation issues.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I agree. That case seems great for air cooling if you use low RPM fans in the bottom. Watercooling, not so much. I wouldn't try even a closed loop CPU cooler on the top because of ventilation issues.

Yeah you could even put 4 200mm low RPM fans in the front and top but also put 2 120s in the bottom and one 140 in the rear.  Still might be an issue with such small air filters you may be cleaning that every few days unless you operate in a clean room environment.  They really should have put a filter over the front like the fractal cases do rather than filter the side vent itself.  

Yeah you could even put 4 200mm low RPM fans in the front and top but also put 2 120s in the bottom and one 140 in the rear. Still might be an issue with such small air filters you may be cleaning that every few days unless you operate in a clean room environment. They really should have put a filter over the front like the fractal cases do rather than filter the side vent itself.

I agree. The fractal aproutch would be much better.

I agree. The fractal aproutch would be much better.

I really wish fractal would redesign the define XL to use 200mm fans and a window.  I have a thing for 200mm fans but it seems all the cases that use them want to be spaceships.  

I definitely agree with her. Define is still king of having a balance of silence and airflow. Also I don't really like the design much, it looks slightly more plasticky than a design R4 but those weird angles at the top front make it look much less elegant, which is what I usually look for in a case. On paper it definitely seemed like this would be ideal for custom water cooling and would be better at that than a define case. Turns out it's worse in that aspect too :(.

She complains so much about the air flow... It's a silent case what can you expect.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

From the other reviews I've seen.. this case actually strikes the perfect balance between temps and sound. I'm sure she felt her criticism was valid.. but the video starts with "powered by corsair" which makes it really tough for me to take her opinions at face value..

For me, personally, this is the main problem with youtube reviewers.. they obviously have to be funded by an external source apart from youtube money.. but plugging in the name of the sponsor in each and every video makes it very tough to judge who is genuine and who isnt..

PS: Linus in my book is very genuine about his opinions.. for the most part  

First time I saw a TastyPC video all the way through, I must admit at first I thought it would turn out that she was just some pretty girl someone else made do the on camera work for them (to get viewers), but she really seems to know her stuff. I feel so ashamed...

I really wish fractal would redesign the define XL to use 200mm fans and a window.  I have a thing for 200mm fans but it seems all the cases that use them want to be spaceships.

Go have a look at Logan's interview with that guy from Fractal, and you'll know what to do ;-)

First time I saw a TastyPC video all the way through, I must admit at first I thought it would turn out that she was just some pretty girl someone else made do the on camera work for them (to get viewers), but she really seems to know her stuff. I feel so ashamed...

Go have a look at Logan's interview with that guy from Fractal, and you'll know what to do ;-)

Yeah she actually has a clue.  She gets some fans because shes fairly attractive but a lot of people also dismiss her because shes a chic and fairly attractive.  I will admit I subscribe to her channel though I really only watch a video if its something I am interested in.  I do that for a lot of channels though.  

I watched that interview already.  Someone asked about the 200mm fans and he basically said there is not a real call for them by their customer base.  

Yeah she actually has a clue.  She gets some fans because shes fairly attractive but a lot of people also dismiss her because shes a chic and fairly attractive.  I will admit I subscribe to her channel though I really only watch a video if its something I am interested in.  I do that for a lot of channels though.  

I watched that interview already.  Someone asked about the 200mm fans and he basically said there is not a real call for them by their customer base.  

Yes, but he also said that they listen to customers, that also means you. If you drop them a line they'll be that little closer to incorporating it into their design ;) 

Love tasy's reviews they are really detailed

Watch Tiny Tom Logan`s stuff. 1,5 hour video on the 900D or GTX Titan :)

The sad thing is they tried so hard to make it watercooling ready, but also made it too silent ot support it.

remember the H2... tried to "borrow" other mannie ideas and

incorporate them into their chassis. was a disaster case.

feels H2ish...

airdeano

cant stand her voice

I scrolled all the way down just to say this.

I just can't stand her monotone boring voice.

I scrolled all the way down just to say this.

I just can't stand her monotone boring voice.

There's... stuff though

if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

There's... stuff though

Too bad I'm not attracted to blondes. She's ugly. Sorry Tasty, I know you're on these forums too, but you're not tasty to me!

• 1 month later...

cant stand her voice

This a million times.

cant stand the way she sounds like.

TASTYY??? hmm... i will take it

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight