Think these are any good?

Digging around on Ebay and found this..... Wondering if these are any good. I am busted after spending 2k on my build, and was trying to find a way to avoid paying 12 bucks per fitting for bitspowers, even though they are awesome! Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Cooling-system-Black-Compression-Nozzle-Fitttings-3-8in-x-5-8inTubing-/380941486041?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item58b1e1c7d9#shpCntId

I'm not great with water cooling, but I would only buy a brand I trust for something like this. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

buying the branded ones, better satisfaction with your rig if you're already 2k in what's a handful of 10s now to make it perfect?

I would think that there must be a reason why these fittings are so cheap. My guess is that they are sub-par in quality. They could have a really cheap paint coating, or perhaps the measurements are not perfectly 3/8 5/8, or are not even waterproof.

You could try to go for them, but if you spent so much money on your rig, I wouldn't take any risk of having it all destroyed due to faulty fittings. If you want lower priced fittings, you can try other brands which don't cost $12 per fitting. Or you can try searching for used equipment. I would say that used equipment could fall under similar circumstances as failing early, but if bought from a quality brand (such as bitspower) then I'm sure they will last for a very long time.

Do you like risking a leak and ruining your $2k build? Then sure go ahead.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah, as others have said dont skimp on your fittings, every fitting adds one more chance of a catastrophic system killing leak so I would generally make sure they are the best quality possible to minimise that risk.  

that seller sells a lot of knock-off products. alphacool rads, bitspower fittings and

none of them have any warranty or guarantee of function. i contacted him during

the 480 shortage and they said they are better than alphacool and i won't find a

better radiator for the money ($60 higher than frozencpu). asked of the warranty

and said NO RETURNS! sooo.. unless you are sure those are what you want, i'd

be very cautious on purchasing them.

yeah, you guys are right.... i dont want to end up crying after an electrical fire bc of cheap fittings... Thanks for the advice! Ordering EK fittings now ...    :)