Corsair H100i in Fractal Define R4 with Asus VI Hero

I'm going to build a pc with the following items:Corsair H100i, Fractal Design Define R4, and the Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard. I'm wondering wheather or not there will be enough space for the H100i to fit above the motherboard.

I'm also confused on push and pull configurations for water cooling. Is pull when the radiator is on bottom and fans ontop while the fans are getting cool air outside and sending to to the radiator? As for push, do the fans take the hot air and send it out the case? Will it still work the same way if the radiator was ontop and fans on the bottom? I've seen Linus's video on it I still don't know if that's how it works.

I'm going to build a pc with the following items:Corsair H100i, Fractal Design Define R4, and the Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard. I'm wondering wheather or not there will be enough space for the H100i to fit above the motherboard.

I'm also confused on push and pull configurations for water cooling. Is pull when the radiator is on bottom and fans ontop while the fans are getting cool air outside and sending to to the radiator? As for push, do the fans take the hot air and send it out the case? Will it still work the same way if the radiator was ontop and fans on the bottom? I've seen Linus's video on it I still don't know if that's how it works.

Push is when the fans are pushing air from inside the case to the outside

Pull is when they are pulling air in from the outside of the case to the inside.

It doesn't really matter whether the fan is on the top or the bottom for either push or pull, the performance difference is miniscule. What does matter is if you do push pull to put the fans on the bottom of the radiator to work together with the top fan. Like this is airflow,

inside the case ----> radiator------> top of the case

fan  push        fan  pull

pushing air through radiator ->     pulling air ->, through radiator

That's exhausting out of the case, if you want to bring air inside the case it is basically the opposite. The fan closest to the outside of the case is pushing air and the one closest to the inside is pulling air, just have to turn the fans around. Heres a picture better explaining it.

a5a0357c_vbattach179858.png

Push is always pushing air through the radiator regardless or orientation, pull is always pulling air through the radiator regardless of orientation. Push pull is when they work together. Push/pull on an h100i isn't needed, the radiator is so thin you will only see maybe 2c difference, if that much.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I'll also be overclocking, would it be best to set the fans to pull configuration?

I'll also be overclocking, would it be best to set the fans to pull configuration?

I have mine set to push the air out of the case through the radiator. It is better to do push before you do pull, there is less resistance. I just have it bringing air out of the case to lower the temp for my gpu, but really it wont make a huge different if I pushed air from the outside into the case. 

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Ok thanks for the help. :-)

No problem, if you need any more help in the future we are always here. :)

Push is when the fans are pushing air from inside the case to the outside

Pull is when they are pulling air in from the outside of the case to the inside.

The way I understand it, push and pull has nothing to do with the case. What you're describing here is just intake vs exhaust.

Push simply means you use the fans to push air through the radiator.

Pull simply means you use the fans to pull air through the radiator.

You can do either of those configs as both intake or exhaust.

(I know you show diagrams showing the correct information later on in the post, I just wanted to correct these 2 lines. :))

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R CPU: Intel i7 2600k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo w. 2x Cooler Master Blade Master 120mm Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX670 SSD: 256GB Samsung 830 HDD: Random WD 500GB (It's old) PSU: Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w. 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial in pull Mobo: ASUS Maximus VII Hero RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 MHz GPU: ASUS GTX780 DCUII SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo HDD: WD Green 3TB PSU: Corsair AX860i

Monitor: BenQ 24" XL2410T Keyboard: Logitech G19 Mouse: Logitech G500 Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Digital Headphones: Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

The way I understand it, push and pull has nothing to do with the case. What you're describing here is just intake vs exhaust.

Push simply means you use the fans to push air through the radiator.

Pull simply means you use the fans to pull air through the radiator.

You can do either of those configs as both intake or exhaust.

(I know you show diagrams showing the correct information later on in the post, I just wanted to correct these 2 lines. :))

I was tired and mainly just didn't type my post out clearly. After I posted, I reread it and seen where I could clarify better.