Duuuuuuude I was just about to purchase a x40 and x60, When will these be available in Australia!?

They Are On PCCaseGear :)

Future Build : Intel-Core i7 4790K : Corsair H100i : Asus Maximus VII Hero : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (DDR3-1866) : Samsung 840 EVO 120GB : Seagate Baracuda 1TB : Asus GeForce GTX 770 : NZXT H440 (Red/Black) : EVGA SuperNova G2 850W :

Acer H236HLBMID Corsair M45 Mouse : Ducky Shine 3 (Red LED/Cherry MX Brown) : Audio Technica M50RD : Some Nice Cheap Mouse Mat 

Peripherals :

Duuuuuuude I was just about to purchase a x40 and x60, When will these be available in Australia!?

PCCG on the 17th. Its already on my cart as well. I'm just waiting for the day

I ordered the X61 and some noctua industrial 2000 rpm fans. Will see how much better I can get the cooling of my FX-9370 sometime this week

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

X61 came in today. Using the noctua fans I had it shaved about 3C off my idle cpu temps to roughly 37C in a 27C room

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

overclocked?

overvolted?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Just overclocked to 4.7

X61 came in today. Using the noctua fans I had it shaved about 3C off my idle cpu temps to roughly 37C in a 27C room

Is that 3C off when using the noctua fans compared to stock fans or compared to your old cooler?

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Is that 3C off when using the noctua fans compared to stock fans or compared to your old cooler?

This is 3C off from switching from the H110 with the normal Noctua AF-F14 fans in push/pull to the X61 with the same fans. Once I added the 2000 RPM Noctuas I can now have the cpu idle between 32-35C in roughly (I didn't measure the ambient temp this time) the same temp room. In total, switching to the X61 with the 2000 Rpm Notcuas yielded consistent drops in idle temps of 5C

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, is there a spreadsheet available which compares all the coolers they've looked at.

I'm pretty sure there is, but I can't remember where, sorry. 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Question about X61

Can I just use the CAM software to set the temp profiles for the LED colours, and then leave the software switched off (or uninstalled).

I ask this because I don't want to have this bloatware software always running in the background, and anyway I spend some time in a Linux environment. But I still would like to have it change colour according to the CPU temp, I don't need the software for monitoring purposes...

I heard that with the Corsair H100i once you configure a profile it loads the profile onto the onboard storage of the hardware, so the settings work even without the software running. On the other hand if the software was actively controlling things you would obviously need it running.

Question about X61

Can I just use the CAM software to set the temp profiles for the LED colours, and then leave the software switched off (or uninstalled).

I ask this because I don't want to have this bloatware software always running in the background, and anyway I spend some time in a Linux environment. But I still would like to have it change colour according to the CPU temp, I don't need the software for monitoring purposes...

I heard that with the Corsair H100i once you configure a profile it loads the profile onto the onboard storage of the hardware, so the settings work even without the software running. On the other hand if the software was actively controlling things you would obviously need it running.

@LinusTech maybe you know the answer to this since you reviewed it?

• 4 weeks later...

Question about X61

@Slick do you know the answer to this?

Not sure if my question belongs here but here goes, I'm an owner of the X60(model before the X61). Now the X61 comes with this new software called CAM(which appears to be pretty amazing), will this software work for my X60 as well or am I stuck with the old software?

I've asked NZXT but they haven't replied(a little over a month ago already).

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Not sure if my question belongs here but here goes, I'm an owner of the X60(model before the X61). Now the X61 comes with this new software called CAM(which appears to be pretty amazing)

Not sure about your question.... but most of the user reviews seem to hate the CAM software, and it seems to have a silly Windows 8 like Metro style interface which wastes screen space.

Question about X61

The answer to your question is yes.

I changed my x61 LED to red and then I turned off CAM from the startup program list and the LED was still Red.   I never had any of the issues that other users have had about CAM however.  Maybe when my x61 comes back from RMA I might, but hopefully not.

The answer to your question is yes.

I changed my x61 LED to red and then I turned off CAM from the startup program list and the LED was still Red.  

Great- this means it's working in hardware with the software only there to faciliate the changes and monitor.

Thanks for the reply, that was a big help.

• 3 months later...

Linus, you mentioned other software that would do the same thing as CAM, having used my X61 for about a month now, it is like you said a pain, it's slow to start, clunky to use, doesn't remember settings, omg!

what are some alternatives?

• 1 month later...

I currently have the x41 running I noticed that my liquid temps are at 31C, this is when I have only just turned on my system and it about 19C room temp and my CPU has not exceeded 22C, is this a bug with the software or something else. It isn't exactly a deal breaker as the main part I look at is the core temp but it is still interesting.

Not sure if my question belongs here but here goes, I'm an owner of the X60(model before the X61). Now the X61 comes with this new software called CAM(which appears to be pretty amazing), will this software work for my X60 as well or am I stuck with the old software?

I've asked NZXT but they haven't replied(a little over a month ago already).

CAM Works on the X60...I am using it. It is actually better than the old kraken software...before on the old software my fans speed wouldn't adjust to temp/RPM settings I made, now they work fine.  Only thing I would recommend is they  allow an option to  change the UI transparency when the mouse isn't focused on it.

What would be the best fans to use with the Nzxt Kraken X61, in the Nzxt H440 case? I am looking at getting one but want the best performance out of it possible.

What would be the best fans to use with the Nzxt Kraken X61, in the Nzxt H440 case? I am looking at getting one but want the best performance out of it possible.

I bought myself 2 Noctua NF-A14 for my Kraken X60.

LOVE THEM! They're so silent and they're dissipating the heat nicely, it's amazing, and because of their color I configured them in pull(between the radiator and the case)so I don't have to see their brown ugliness but a nice black radiator.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I bought myself 2 Noctua NF-A14 for my Kraken X60.

LOVE THEM! They're so silent and they're dissipating the heat nicely, it's amazing, and because of their color I configured them in pull(between the radiator and the case)so I don't have to see their brown ugliness but a nice black radiator.

I do tend to see this as a recommendation a lot, and I am leaning towards it but I also saw some suggest Akasa AK-FN063 which statistically speaking seem much better, but I'm not sure whether to believe the statistics, and I'm either bad at using search engines or there isn't much content out there to put them head to head.

I do tend to see this as a recommendation a lot, and I am leaning towards it but I also saw some suggest Akasa AK-FN063 which statistically speaking seem much better, but I'm not sure whether to believe the statistics, and I'm either bad at using search engines or there isn't much content out there to put them head to head.

Here are the Noctua fans specs in detail if you're wondering

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=65&lng=en&set=1

I've been comparing them to the one you linked, both seem adequate choices.

Though I'd still lean towards the Noctua's myself, for starters... because I own them and I don't have a single complaint about them besides their price(but it feels like a premium product).

I do wish to point out, the Akasa fan seems to be losing quite a bit agains the Noctua in terms of airflow CFM. And the fact the Akasa can go up to 3mm radiators static air pressure isn't of much use in our case considering the Kraken isn't that thick. There is quite a big difference in life expectancy when compairing both fans, not sure how reliable these numbers are ofcourse.

Either way, I'm sold to Noctua so my opinion is biased. I don't think you'll go wrong with either fans.

Here are the Noctua fans specs in detail if you're wondering

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=65&lng=en&set=1

I've been comparing them to the one you linked, both seem adequate choices.

Though I'd still lean towards the Noctua's myself, for starters... because I own them and I don't have a single complaint about them besides their price(but it feels like a premium product).

I do wish to point out, the Akasa fan seems to be losing quite a bit agains the Noctua in terms of airflow CFM. And the fact the Akasa can go up to 3mm radiators static air pressure isn't of much use in our case considering the Kraken isn't that thick. There is quite a big difference in life expectancy when compairing both fans, not sure how reliable these numbers are ofcourse.

Either way, I'm sold to Noctua so my opinion is biased. I don't think you'll go wrong with either fans.

You put up a fair argument between the 2 there, and considering the Noctua's generally have more to come with them with the LNA as an option, I'm pushing even further there, thank you. :)

EDIT: Another question to add, what is the recommended fan option to use, Airflow based fans such as the Corsair AF fans for the intake of the case or to choose more static pressure optimized fan. Considering the case choice, what would make the temperatures even better, even if it is only by 1ºC.