Cliff Bleszinski is coming out of retirement

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-30-cliff-bleszinski-says-hes-coming-out-of-retirement?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

"I'm officially coming out of retirement to make video games again," the developer announced on Twitter. "Stay tuned here for details in the next seven days!"

Last time Bleszinski discussed his upcoming project in December, he said he wanted to make "a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on."

He also noted that it would be a first-person shooter and said, "I don't ever want to make a game that has a cutscene or a scripted sequence in it ever again."

"A lot of these kids playing Call of Duty- I don't think they know what a proper arena shooter is," he added, suggesting that this latest project will follow in the footsteps of Unreal Tournament.

Say what you want about Cliffy B., but he has worked on quite a few great games, so I faith in him to make a good game. So what do we know about his new game so far? Looks it'll definitely be on the PC; looks like it'll be another first-person shooter; and it looks like it will be an arena shooter - judging from that tease in the last quote.

Either way, whatever his new project is, we'll find out in a week when he releases more details. In the past though, Cliffy B. did tease his new project with this image. So for now, this is all we have.

9RlwI.jpg

COMIC SANS

Retirement must have been boring as shit, eh, Cliffy B.?

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Who is he?

The guy known for Gears of War aka Bros of War or: The Tale of Bromance, Testosterone, and How I Dealt With Alien Scum. I have played the 3rd game and it's pretty good. He also worked on Unreal Tournament, but Gears of War comes to mind whenever people see his name.

cliff_bleszinski.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

The first Unreal Tournaments games were great, I hope we get something like it used to be. A bit better than Unreal 3. I don't know anything about Gears. Im not an Xbox owner or fan and it never seemed good enough to warrat a console. It looked a lot like bro stuff for sure.

seeing how many people associate Gears of War with Cliffy B. is making me realize how old I am :(

seeing how many people associate Gears of War with Cliffy B. is making me realize how old I am :(

It's only going to get worse. Soon, people will talk about Angry Birds as their favorite childhood video game... Oh, wait... That's already happening.

tumblr_ljh5xfM6iQ1qixleeo1_500.gif

Well, that didn't last long...

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Whatever company he joins, I'm not buying games from.

I *think* he's starting his own studio.

COMIC SANS

He is also a massive douche. But... he has worked on some pretty awesome games so I am looking forward to what he has in store.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Is Gears of War considered an arena shooter? I've never played it, but I've always assumed it was just like CoD.

This is older news. I expected tho this to already be posted.

I remember this guy being a very frequent panel guest on the original G4 tv show "G4tv.com" hosted by Tina Wood and Geoff Keighley

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

I thought he hated PC gaming community and was console peasant ?

I'm guessing the PC gaming experience he is talking about involves complaining about piracy, and pointing fingers at PC gaming community, since PC gaming community is clearly all about piracy.

Not really, he's the worst kind of fucking hypocrite: He made his bones on the PC then not only left for console dev but was particularly vocal AGAINST the people that made his career possible in the first place which is PC gamers, so fuck him: He should stay retired for all I care we don't need his fucking cancerous attitude to eventually undermine PC gaming again.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Is Gears of War considered an arena shooter? I've never played it, but I've always assumed it was just like CoD.

No and No

It actually had a good skill curve and could be unforgiving which is what I liked about it.

Sadly all the good guys started leaving around 3 so it went down hill from there.

Actually it started to go down hill from TU6 for Gears 2 when it rebalanced a lot of the games mechanics and completely ruined what made Gears 1 and 2 so unforgiving and judgement was just so much awful none of the guys I played with even look at it.

It was the death of Gears 2 the beta for Gears 3 forced me back to PC as I was left with nothing on a console that had any sort of skill curve worthy of playing.

It also made me realise how helpful it is to be friends with a community manager. Free swags :(

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Who is he?

think the person form of ubisoft....fucking tool

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I *think* he's starting his own studio.

I don't know who'd want to work for him then. Cliffy B starting an Indie studio? Cool, good luck.

am i really that old? :o GoW is deffinately not the thing i associate to Cliff... 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]