My Friend Is So Stupid. (A RANT)

MattBoxer

The short story is my friend is buying a Dell pre-built £750 computer (for gaming) and I told him to build your own because you would get better performance from it. He denied and replied "My dad's friend is an IT technician and knows more than me and says it is good for gaming"  For one thing I know more than that IT technician and the pre-built system is utterly unbalanced an i7 4770 with an GT 635 with 8GB ram and 1TB HDD and my friend states that "It can run Battlefield 4 @1080p @ULTRA" Well i know that isn't possible.

Sorry if you didn't like that rant, but i am meaning to say before you go and by a PC please properly look at the spec's otherwise you will buy an utter piece of junk.

Thanks for Listening!

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

The short story is my friend is buying a Dell pre-built £750 computer (for gaming) and I told him to build your own because you would get better performance from it. He denied and replied "My dad's friend is an IT technician and knows more than me and says it is good for gaming"  For one thing I know more than that IT technician and the pre-built system is utterly unbalanced an i7 4770 with an GT 635 with 8GB ram and 1TB HDD and my friend states that "It can run Battlefield 4 @1080p @ULTRA" Well i know that isn't possible.

Sorry if you didn't like that rant, but i am meaning to say before you go and by a PC please properly look at the spec's otherwise you will buy an utter piece of junk.

Thanks for Listening!

It's hard to look at the specs if you don't know what they mean and honestly I wouldn't blame your friend for thinking his dads friend (or what ever) knows more than his friend who (no offense) probably by most people wouldn't be considered old enough to have a clue. The fact that his dads friend is completely incompetent is just a sad coincidence.

This belongs in experiences with non techies.

I know right I've had too many of them.

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

I know right I've had too many of them.

If you have tried to advise him and he has chosen to ignore you then just leave him to it.

If you have tried to advise him and he has chosen to ignore you then just leave him to it.

That's what i told him (don't come crying back to me when you can't play BF 4 at ultra)

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Once he's got it, go round and let him show you it running Battlefield @ Ultra 1080p, then tell him you told him so

It's sad. You should of asked him to post here.

I should of done that!

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Once he's got it, go round and let him show you it running Battlefield @ Ultra 1080p, then tell him you told him so

I will my pc can just about run BF3 1080p ultra @60FPS

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

And when he complains he can't play BF4 at low settings or higher you come to him and say, you should be ashamed of yourself for being such an ignorent ****** nah jk.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Unfortunately a lot of people don't understand specs and even if they do, they still make the wrong choices because numbers don't always indicate performance the way some people think they do.

This is why I hate noobs.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I should of done that!

You shoukd still do it, hopefully when he reads the thread he will realize he is making a mistake and he will be on the best forum to ask for a build in his budget. If he is worried about building it he can just ask that idiot IT guy to build it for him :P

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

You shoukd still do it, hopefully when he reads the thread he will realize he is making a mistake and he will be on the best forum to ask for a build in his budget. If he is worried about building it he can just ask that idiot IT guy to build it for him :P

Good Idea! :):P

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Its sad, prebuilt computers are always like that ... a very good processor for a shit video card and they sell it as a high end gaming rig. Its unbelievable it is still happening. It will be a very expensive mistake ... hope he can return it for an exchange or something.

Its sad, prebuilt computers are always like that ... a very good processor for a shit video card and they sell it as a high end gaming rig. Its unbelievable it is still happening. It will be a very expensive mistake ... hope he can return it for an exchange or something.

It's because if they do it like that, they can do this!

33Z1jHu.png

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

It's because if they do it like that, they can do this!

33Z1jHu.png

True very True! :P

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

This always happened to me in business college nobody took my tech advise as i was a chemistry grad and were more interested in what those incompetent IT fools were suggesting "Girl you just get an i7 alienware those are really fast even if you are only using laptop for browsing ,email YouTube and office".

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).