H100i not working? 4790K too hot!

Hey guys, 

Just putting together my new system. It has an i7 4790K in it. I've installed plenty of air coolers before but never an AIO liquid cooler. 

Everything seems to be properly seated, paste preapplied, all cables connected yet when I go into Windows, Corsair link shows the CPU sitting around 30-40 degree's C in idle, however if a stress test or anything it applied it hits AT LEAST 80"c. Core Temp gives the same readings. 

Inside Corsair Link it also says "H100i Pump" then it says "0" next to it, when i double click it it says under the option connection as "Unknown". 

The fans on the Rad are working and no overclocking has been done. 

Am I correct in assuming the pump is most likely faulty or how do i check this sorta thing?? 

Anyhelp is much appreciated! =) 

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

Hey guys, 

Just putting together my new system. It has an i7 4790K in it. I've installed plenty of air coolers before but never an AIO liquid cooler. 

Everything seems to be properly seated, paste preapplied, all cables connected yet when I go into Windows, Corsair link shows the CPU sitting around 30-40 degree's C in idle, however if a stress test or anything it applied it hits AT LEAST 80"c. Core Temp gives the same readings. 

Inside Corsair Link it also says "H100i Pump" then it says "0" next to it, when i double click it it says under the option connection as "Unknown". 

The fans on the Rad are working and no overclocking has been done. 

Am I correct in assuming the pump is most likely faulty or how do i check this sorta thing?? 

Anyhelp is much appreciated! =) 

i have been caught out with this aswel, H100i's are going through a rough patch with the pumps, take it back to were you bought it to get a replacement. this is the 5th case of H100i pump failure i have hear of in 2 months (2 of which are mine)

i have been caught out with this aswel, H100i's are going through a rough patch with the pumps, take it back to were you bought it to get a replacement. this is the 5th case of H100i pump failure i have hear of in 2 months (2 of which are mine)

Were you getting the same stuff inside Link where it doesnt show the pump? 

IS there a noise or a way to see or feel if the pump is going?

INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

Corsair link is one buggy piece of software. It never reads anything right, leave the software alone and watch your temps with another program at idle. If they stay steady the pump is working fine. Don't trust what the software says, it says my pump is at 0 too and I've been running it for 3 months, overclocked and staying around 75c max. If you look around it is a common problem, their software is garbage and I wouldn't recommend using it. Use some other software to set your fan curves if you want that. 

I even had a problem with it not recognizing one of the fans. I swapped the connector on the pump and it seen it for a day then went to back to nothing, yet it is working fine. Just don't trust that software.

@SilenT_LobsteR

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Corsair link is one buggy piece of software. It never reads anything right, leave the software alone and watch your temps with another program at idle. If they stay steady the pump is working fine. Don't trust what the software says, it says my pump is at 0 too and I've been running it for 3 months, overclocked and staying around 75c max. If you look around it is a common problem, their software is garbage and I wouldn't recommend using it. Use some other software to set your fan curves if you want that. 

I even had a problem with it not recognizing one of the fans. I swapped the connector on the pump and it seen it for a day then went to back to nothing, yet it is working fine. Just don't trust that software.

@SilenT_LobsteR

Cheers man, I actually just threw my Hyper 412 onto the CPU and it's still pushing high 80" c so my next guess would be it's the CPU? 

What are you using to stress test?

Aida64 and Prime 95 for very short periods of time. 

But the issue now seems to be resolved, I just updated the bios and that seems to have fixed the issue. Weirdest thing! 

Will put the H100i back in and test it out but hopefully its all good now!

I also suffered from a bad pump on the H100i, but that was a few years back. I can attest to the Corsair Link software being a pile of crap. That's why I kept it simple this time and went with the H105.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

I followed http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2062894/corsair-link-recognize-h100i.html and managed to get Link to pick up all my connected fans. A quick registry hack and restart and bob's your uncle! Hopefully it's the same reason yours is showing as unknown.

Oh and my pump is a bit loud when the connected fans are over 1300RPM so I tend to keep my speeds to 1100RPM and all is quiet and works well. Not done stress tests but idle is 26 - 30 degrees.