Fractal R4 - Asus ROG - Red and Black ... Patented Design ;)

S-L-R

Hi,

First of all, I would like to apologize for any grammatical mistakes, I'm from Quebec so.... Yeah.

This build was actually a project from last summer, I did it and took very few pictures during the process so I didn't bother putting it up here.
But (!), this last couple of weeks, I changed some things from the original build (You eagle-eyed will notice) and then convinced myself to take some pictures and post them.

Part list :

Case :                  Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl (Window)

Motherboard :     Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87

CPU :                   Intel 4770k

RAM :                  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 1866MHZ

GPU :                  Asus 7970 DC II

Power Supply :    Corsair AX860

Fans :                 2 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15

Case Fans :       1 x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition + 2 x Phantek 140mm 

Heatsink :           Swiftech H220

SSD :                 Samsung 840 Pro 128GB

Hard Drive :       Western Digital Green 3TB (WD30EZRX)  Seagate ST3000DM001

Miscellaneous :  5,25 - 3,5 Adaptor , Corsair's Sleeved Cable AX760 and, also, things.

Here we go.

001.jpg

Small modifications to these already awesome Gentle Typhoons.

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Go away white pci bracket... 

010.jpg

Sleeving them wasn't enough. I had to... I just had to...

012.jpg

013.jpg

There we go. This should fit the build best.

014.jpg

015.jpg

Early assembly. At the time, I was still waiting for my motherboard.

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

Swiftech H220 with shortened tubing and a touch of carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

025.jpg

026.jpg

Ouch... I had to take this chunk out of one of my GT because of the positioning of the 8 pins EPS connector and the layout of the R4. Otherwhise, it wouldn't fit with the radiator and motherboard installed. Not even close.

028.jpg

029.jpg

Still looks great. Right guys? Guys?

030.jpg

031.jpg

Replaced the stock blue power LED for a red one. Little things.

032.jpg

Storage and such.

034.jpg

The making of a cover / ROG logo that will appear in the final form of the build....

037.jpg

Asus HD7970 DCUII. Beast. Even though this card is now "old", it's still a beast and it looks, in my opinion, way better than the newer revisions of R9 280x.

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

Triple slot. Because.... why not?!

045.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

So, that's it for the "last summer projet" pictures. 

This is now.

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

That's alot of cables... 

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

I'm also thinking of buying a custom made glass to replace this window.

016.jpg

There we go. That's pretty much it. With the hand-made ROG logo.

017.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

037.jpg

040.jpg

That's it ...for now.

Thank you guys.

Wow, that's sexy. Very well done - nice and clean!

Some people will say black and red is overdone, but I say screw 'em - Targaryen colors all the way. ;) I'm really digging that carbon fiber wrap, btw.

Beautiful!

I love that ROG logo! 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Wow, that's sexy. Very well done - nice and clean!

Some people will say black and red is overdone, but I say screw 'em - Targaryen colors all the way. ;) I'm really digging that carbon fiber wrap, btw.

Thanks! Red and black ftw.

Beautiful!

I love that ROG logo! 

Thank you. It was a little bit tricky with a cheap dremel, some plexiglass and paint.

Damn this is nice great job! 

Thank you. First time build post, but certainly not the last.

Thank you. It was a little bit tricky with a cheap dremel, some plexiglass and paint.

Can you make one for me? :)

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Can you make one for me? :)

Ahahah I wish I had the time. Sorry mate. But, I'll send this to Asus ROG and it would be nice to see something come out of it ;)

This looks amazingly sexy. Thanks for the post!

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

your craftsmanship is great, and how much dedication you have.  :D

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

This looks amazingly sexy. Thanks for the post!

your craftsmanship is great, and how much dedication you have.  :D

Great, clean build.

Thanks alot guys.

Why did you change from the AX760i to the 860?

No No No

How quite are those phanteks fans>?

apart from that very nice sir very nice 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Why did you change from the AX760i to the 860?

I used it in another build and had a deal on the 860.

How quite are those phanteks fans>?

apart from that very nice sir very nice 

Silent at 5 and 7 volts, but 12 is moving so much air that you will hear them. They're more static pressure fans really.

Now why the Corsair fans and not Cougar fans? They also come black (with orange anti-vibration ends) and they push a lot more air. Not to mention they are much more quieter than the Corsair's for the same price. I'm just curious because I am looking for new fans and the Cougars honestly look like they perform better than Corsairs by a long shot. 

Also, how do you use a dremel? I wouldn't mind making cool logos one day like you did but I have no idea how. It looks like you have to know engineering just to try it. 

So many pictures I like it :D No but really, it looks really clean and cool. Also logo looks awesome, nice job

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

Now why the Corsair fans and not Cougar fans? They also come black (with orange anti-vibration ends) and they push a lot more air. Not to mention they are much more quieter than the Corsair's for the same price. I'm just curious because I am looking for new fans and the Cougars honestly look like they perform better than Corsairs by a long shot. 

Also, how do you use a dremel? I wouldn't mind making cool logos one day like you did but I have no idea how. It looks like you have to know engineering just to try it. 

Yes, the Cougar fans are nice but orange, and not easy to paint :/

For the dremel thing... Just go for it. It's not expensive and only require time and patience ;)

Nice paint job on the GT's :) Well done, very nice, excellent cable management. 

Thank you. I did my best but the front HDD and 2 SSDs do add a little bit of work on the cable management side.

So many pictures I like it :D No but really, it looks really clean and cool. Also logo looks awesome, nice job

Yea, I realised, while uploading them, that I had more picture than I would have think...

Great job! Nice sleeving, cable management, etc etc =) very clean and tidy build

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

You give me a reason to keep my define r4 case. Love the amount of detail you put in this system! :)

Life.exe is missing

Yes, the Cougar fans are nice but orange, and not easy to paint :/

For the dremel thing... Just go for it. It's not expensive and only require time and patience ;)

Thank you. I did my best but the front HDD and 2 SSDs do add a little bit of work on the cable management side.

Yea, I realised, while uploading them, that I had more picture than I would have think...

Aren't the Cougar fans I am speaking of only have orange on the rubber grommets? Those should only take a sharpie or something to easily make them black. And I guess I will just have to look online for some tutorials.

Nice job! The build looks really nice. I still like a well done black and red build.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro