Fractal R4 - Asus ROG - Red and Black ... Patented Design ;)

S-L-R

Very nice. Cable management and ROG Logo are awesome. Only thing that could make it better is sleeving the PSU instead of using extensions, at least for the cables that are shown ie mobo 24pin, mobo 8pin, GPU, soundcard. Otherwise great work.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

You could maybe paint the front fans "casing" or "shell" which is white too black. It would fit into the color scheme alot better!

thanks i wasn't sure i cpuld fit a H220 in my R4 now i know was it a hard fit ?

It's definitely not the easiest fit in the world. That's why I had to carve the frame of one of my GT.

Very nice. Cable management and ROG Logo are awesome. Only thing that could make it better is sleeving the PSU instead of using extensions, at least for the cables that are shown ie mobo 24pin, mobo 8pin, GPU, soundcard. Otherwise great work.

Actually, those are all Corsair's own sleeved replacement cable for the 860, apart for the 24 pin which is, in fact, an extension.

You could maybe paint the front fans "casing" or "shell" which is white too black. It would fit into the color scheme alot better!

Yea I thought about it, and maybe I will, but they cannot be dismantled like any other fans. They're completely sealed. I still could figure something out, but I haven't got the time yet.

Hmmm, interesting. I'll look up some reviews. Thanks.

The old DCUII design is a lot better looking than the new design IMHO

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I couldn't agree more actually.

I couldn't disagree more actually.

NZXT H440   //   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC   //   i5 4670K   //   MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB   //   HyperX Beast 8GB 2400mhz   //   OCZ Agility

I like it. Great job on the ROG logo, too. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Great build! You could make the power LED red to complete the ROG look( If I am right, the power led on the R4 is blue)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

how did you get the shrinktube on the fan wire did you have to remove the wire first>?

Wow that's really nice! especially the 3-slot 7970 and the painted Noctua fans :-)

Great build with great components and great cable management.

W8 m8 i r8 this 8/8.

Great build! You could make the power LED red to complete the ROG look( If I am right, the power led on the R4 is blue)

It is. If you look at the pictures, I did exactly as you just said. ;)

how did you get the shrinktube on the fan wire did you have to remove the wire first>?

You have to remove the 3pins connector in order to sleeve it. Just like any other connector.

Wow that's really nice! especially the 3-slot 7970 and the painted Noctua fans :-)

Great build with great components and great cable management.

W8 m8 i r8 this 8/8.

Thanks, but those aren't Noctuas. They're the holy grail of radiator fans, Gentle Typhoons.

You have to remove the 3pins connector in order to sleeve it. Just like any other connector.

Thanks, but those aren't Noctuas. They're the holy grail of radiator fans, Gentle Typhoons.

Oh shit now I notice, my TN's color accuracy made me think they were. Gentle Typhoons are decent.

Very nice.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Sorry then, wasn't paying attention

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

• 11 months later...

Damn took me 2 years to go through the pictures, but nice PC looks epic :D But why would you want to have it elevated? Its probaly going to vibrate alot on that plank and you will clearly see all the cables