Unable to access google.com, please help......

henryto
Go to solution Solved by Kirah,

Yeah i would recommend changing your DNS server to the Google dns.

You can find a guide on how to do it here https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

And wile the site normally wont time out if the time and date is incorrect it doesn't hurt to double check 

I am unable to access google.com and google.com.hk using firefox, google chrome and internet explorer, while there is no problem accessing other websites. However, I can access google.ca.

I am using windows 7. I ran spybot and pressed "fix" button to the detected problem called "double click". The problem is still here.

Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

1. Use malwarebyte 
Clear your Firefox cache 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

1. Use malwarebyte 
  2. Clear your Firefox cache 

I used malwarebyte to scan and fix problems it found. I also cleared cache and restarted the computer. However the problem is still here. I cannot access google.com and google.com.hk. Please help.

sense you did a scan with malware bytes its possible that it missed something.

Do a scan with hitman pro http://www.surfright.nl/en/downloads/ and see if it finds anything.

you can also do a scan with these junkware removal tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

And

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Its possible that you have some adware program or leftovers from adware messing with your browser

check you addons for anything funny 

also is your Firefox updated?

also in Firefox

go to help

help>restart Firefox and disable addons>then try again to open up Google

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

sense you did a scan with malware bytes its possible that it missed something.

Do a scan with hitman pro http://www.surfright.nl/en/downloads/ and see if it finds anything.

you can also do a scan with these junkware removal tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

And

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Its possible that you have some adware program or leftovers from adware messing with your browser

check you addons for anything funny 

also is your Firefox updated?

also in Firefox

go to help

help>restart Firefox and disable addons>then try again to open up Google

The hitmanpro software crashed during installation. I tried a few times but still crashed. I restarted firefox and disable addons. But still cannot access google.com and google.com.hk

Any ideas of what happened? I just encountered this 2 days ago.

The hitmanpro software crashed during installation. I tried a few times but still crashed. I restarted firefox and disable addons. But still cannot access google.com and google.com.hk

Any ideas of what happened? I just encountered this 2 days ago.

hmm have you tried installing it in safe mode?

To me it sounds like some broken from of adware.

Did you install anything recently that might be causing problems?

And is it possible to do a system restore to a time before these problems started to happen?

hmm have you tried installing it in safe mode?

To me it sounds like some broken from of adware.

Did you install anything recently that might be causing problems?

And is it possible to do a system restore to a time before these problems started to happen?

How to install in safe mode?

I did install, run and clean my computer with the other 2 links you provided and then restarted the computer. But I still cant access google.

Can you give me more insights of the problem I may have encountered? Thanks.

How to install in safe mode?

I did install, run and clean my computer with the other 2 links you provided and then restarted the computer. But I still cant access google.

Can you give me more insights of the problem I may have encountered? Thanks.

Sometimes when you get infected by adware they like to redirect sites like google to a different site.

And by the sounds of it it tries to redirect you but fails somewhere.

To install something in safe mode you need to reboot and mash f8 wile the computer is starting up.

And select boot in to safe mode with networking and run the installer.

And scan with all the scanners in safe mode some things wont get found in normal mode.

Can you tell me anymore details on what happens when you try to visit google what kind of error do you get

Sometimes when you get infected by adware they like to redirect sites like google to a different site.

And by the sounds of it it tries to redirect you but fails somewhere.

To install something in safe mode you need to reboot and mash f8 wile the computer is starting up.

And select boot in to safe mode with networking and run the installer.

And scan with all the scanners in safe mode some things wont get found in normal mode.

Can you tell me anymore details on what happens when you try to visit google what kind of error do you get

I ran rkill, tdsskiller in safe mode. No problems was found. I ran spybot and the "Doubleclick" problem was found again, I clicked the "fix" button. But still cannot access google.

When I use firefox and type google.com, it loaded for around 30 seconds and displayed "The connection has timed out.The server at www.google.com.hk is taking too long to respond.". When I use google chrome which the homepage is set to google, it displayed a completely blank page for 20 seconds than a "fake" google page. I said it is fake because I can type on the search bar but it will display "

This webpage is not available

ReloadMore

" when I pressed enter.

Hmm okay lets try this close all your browsers

-> Open My Computer -> go to Windows drive (C:\) -> Windows -> System32 -> drivers -> etc -> open hosts file in Notepad -> below the line 127.0.0.1 localhost , DELETE ALL LINES related to google.com -> Save the file and close it -> Now open Web Browsers

Check and tell if its working

Hmm okay lets try this close all your browsers

-> Open My Computer -> go to Windows drive (C:\) -> Windows -> System32 -> drivers -> etc -> open hosts file in Notepad -> below the line 127.0.0.1 localhost , DELETE ALL LINES related to google.com -> Save the file and close it -> Now open Web Browsers

Check and tell if its working

my windows is on the X: directory not C:, but I opened both of their host file. Both look like this.

# Copyright © 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server

#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

#    127.0.0.1       localhost

#    ::1             localhost

There is no websites with "google".

hmm well im stumped dose nether of these two work? https://www.google.com http://www.google.com/

Neither of them can connect to google. They displayed "The connection has timed out. The server at www.google.com.hk is taking too long to respond." after around 30 seconds.

Try running emsisoft emergency kit too see if that finds anything. Also, change your dns server to open dns. Make sure you are not using a proxy or VPN.

I am unable to access google.com and google.com.hk using firefox, google chrome and internet explorer, while there is no problem accessing other websites. However, I can access google.ca.

I am using windows 7. I ran spybot and pressed "fix" button to the detected problem called "double click". The problem is still here.

Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

Make sure that your time and date is correct because Google wont let you onto there website as they think its a security attack

Yeah i would recommend changing your DNS server to the Google dns.

You can find a guide on how to do it here https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

And wile the site normally wont time out if the time and date is incorrect it doesn't hurt to double check 

Thank you very much!!! I changed the DNS server and the problem is solved!!!!!! Seems it was not a complicated problem/virus as I thought. Thank you!