Corsair M95 Review

jameyscott

Video Review

I realize the intro to the video is a little silly, but my editing skills are less than fantastic.  I am working on them with each and every video to make higher quality content, but don't expect LTT quality any time soon! :P

Backstory and Comfort

I was coming from a UtechSmart 8200 which uses the Avago 9800 sensor. The M95 does as well. However, the M95 has been updated to the latest firmware, so the acceleration issues that have plagued this sensor are not present on the M95 like they are on the UtechSmart.

The M95 is also a very comfortable mouse. It fits my hand well and I have medium-large sized man hands, but your mileage may vary. Someone with an extremely large hand may not like this mouse due to it's size. However, it will fit well with people of "normal" sized hands. I also play with a hybrid grip, so to find a mouse that fits me so well is very, very appealing. I actually plan on buying another one for my second system.

The side buttons take a bit of getting used to because they are fairly hard to press at first, but that's coming from a mouse that used very sensitive switches for the side buttons as well as the left and right. So, it really just depends on what you are coming from as to how it will feel for you.

The Button Layout

There are 9 ergonomically placed buttons on the side. Unlike a lot of the competition,these are placed where you don't have to adjust to hit them. They just feel natural. Sure, some competition out there has 12 or even 15 buttons on the side, but with that many buttons the size has to be compromised and it basically just being a grid of buttons. You will probably end up hitting the wrong key, and in the middle of a battle or reloading, that's life and death! I rarely hit the wrong button. The buttons are that well placed

One thing that I do miss from my UtechSmart was that it had one button where you would normally place your pinky or ring finger depending on the style of grip you have. It's not that big of a deal though. I mean, how often do you find yourself pressing four different buttons your mouse? For me, that would mean crouching, ADSing, shoot, and some other function at the same time. Obviously that's not going to happen, so while I do miss it as my grenade button, I've adjusted to using just a different side button easily.

There are two more buttons near the left click that are, by default, a profile switcher. This makes it much easier to switch in between games and have everything set up the way you like it per game. You can have up to 6 active profiles. Which should always be enough. I don't know anyone who plays more than 6 games actively. There is also an LED indicator so that you know which profile you are on.

Cons

I've already gone over the pros of this mouse, so what are my cons?

At this price point, I would have liked to see the option to have RGB colors. I've spent a lot of time and effort into making my build match, and it would be nice if my mouse matched as well. However, this is a small concern and isn't worth thinking about getting another mouse for.

It would have been nice to see a weight system so the user can customize the weight of the mouse to their liking. I personally prefer a fairly heavy mouse, so it would have been nice to make the mouse a little more hefty. Some people prefer a light and fast mouse, and this mouse is by no means sluggish, but it has an aluminum plate on the bottom, so it's not the lightest mouse out there. However, the mouse is a good in between for someone who doesn't have to have the lightest mouse in the world, but doesn't want something overly heavy.

Another thing I would have liked to see is an extra set of feet included with the mouse. Eventually, the mouse feet are going to wear. Whether that is in 1 year or 10 years from now depends on use, but they definitely do use a high quality material for their pads, and I definitely appreciate that.

Conclusion

So, is this the 'be-all and end-all" mouse? No. Is this the best mouse in the world for everyone? Probably not. Is this the best mouse for me? Honestly, I'm going to have to say yes as of today. Why? Well, because it's side buttons are so well placed, it's got a great weight to it, I don't have any issues with comfort, and it's made by a company I know will fix any problem that I could ever have with it. Do I expect it to break? Heck no! This thing is built like a tank. It's definitely well constructed, but let's face it, things break. At least I know Corsair will have my back if anything ever does happen.

You can see all of my reviews posted in the Member Reviews Section! 

Good review.

*insert sudden standing ovation*

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Thanks! I appreciate it. It's a hobby of mine that I hope to continue!

I quite enjoyed this review, not bad at all :)

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Nice review. One thing though: 

I was about to turn the volume down on the intro and then you started talking and I could barely hear you. So, should be easy to fix or maybe it's just me? 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Nice. Had my M90 for three years now and the pads are in perfect condition :) Heavy use too btw.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was about to turn the volume down on the intro and then you started talking and I could barely hear you. So, should be easy to fix or maybe it's just me? 

I listened it to again and did not hear that much of a variation.  I will make sure to make sure there is even less variation from the intro when editing in the future. :)

I listened it to again and did not hear that much of a variation.  I will make sure to make sure there is even less variation from the intro when editing in the future. :)

If you didn't hear it, don't change anything. Could be my pleb earbuds. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Nice. Had my M90 for three years now and the pads are in perfect condition :) Heavy use too btw.

That's good to hear!

If you didn't hear it, don't change anything. Could be my pleb earbuds. 

I want to make sure it sounds good to everyone though! :P

Nice review mate! I wasn't really expecting that good of a review TBH. Keep up the good work. 

Suggestion: You need to work on your outro, and you should have much more confidence.  :D

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I think it's just you, and "barely" doesn't describe the little variation there was.  :)

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

Nice review mate! I wasn't really expecting that good of a review TBH. Keep up the good work.

Suggestion: You need to work on your outro, and you should have much more confidence. :D

I'm working on a proper outro tonight. :P

As far as confidence... my goal is to improve with each video. I think I'm getting better and better.

I should hopefully have my own review edited tonight or tomorrow. So you should see that review in this section by the end of the weekend.

Small update on my upcoming review.  Finally got a chance to shoot it tonight.  Waifu has been in the hospital and I've had to be Super Dad for the past few days.  (Waifu is better meow)  

Sadly, I do have to use camera audio on this one because the AT2020 wasn't performing well and the mic on my T3i actually sounded better.  I've been doing a lot of editing to the T3i audio and it does sound fairly good now.  Just a bit too much work compared to what I normally do for audio. :P  I need a shot gun mic now!  That's definitely something I'm going to get relatively soon.  It'll be so nice to just have to throw a noise profile on the audio in audacity and then remove the background noise.  So much easier compared to what I normally do... 

Anyways,  may not see my K70 review until early next week, but it'll definitely be out relatively soon! 

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: You need to work on your outro, and you should have much more confidence.  :D

Ask and ye shall receive! :D

Now I have a proper outro for my videos.  I also plan on changing up my intro a bit.  I've learned a bit more about editing and think I can do it a bit better this time around. :thumb: