Good CPU cooler for the price

adstak
Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

looking on-line the best option currently looks to be the --> Hyper 212 Evo s it looks to give the best bang for buck ( need to do some measurements first of course) 

Can any one comment on the noise of these at all? 

It comes with a good fan so the noise level will be good.

The Ram does have removable fins to turn them in to low profile if required so not necessary an issue I think.  

I like the idea of Noctua CPU fans as from what I see they seem to be the best air coolers around or at least up there 

The EVO is great and it fits your case, http://pcpartpicker.com/b/4DrH99 . You won't get a better cooler at that price and the only Noctua coolers that will give you significantly better performance over the EVO are the NH-D14 and NH-D15.

Here's a list of all the coolers and their benchmarks: the EVO and Noctua cooler are amongst the results. http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2766&page=5

Hi ,

Just after some advice here really. I have been looking at the h75 water cooler from consair however after looking on-line people seem to say there is better air coolers out there that are also cheaper.

Just wondering if any of you agree with this and could recommend any better CPU cooler for around the same price or cheaper than the h75?

The cooler would be for a AMD 8320 and I am looking at over-clocking in the future but depends

If your on a tight budget look no further than the Hyper 212 EVO.  But, if you have money to spend, look into the Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S.   If you want the best of the best the NH-D15 is the one to go for :)

@adstak What case do you have?

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that as its rather important :) 

case is --> consair carbide series spec-03

Motherboard is --> ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+

Ram is --> G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

I want to spend around £50 on a CPU cooler however willing to consider any suggestions. I have no idea the prices in other currencies but I guess the UK is the most expensive as we always are :( 

If your on a tight budget look no further than the Hyper 212 EVO.  But, if you have money to spend, look into the Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S.   If you want the best of the best the NH-D15 is the one to go for :)

I have seen the Hyper 212 EVO mentioned a lot. 

What are the temps like on these if you know? 

They're great for the price, about £30. They get about 5 to 10 degrees Celsius higher temps versus the cream of the crop coolers like the NH-D14 and NH-D15.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that as its rather important :)

case is --> consair carbide series spec-03

Motherboard is --> ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+

Ram is --> G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

I want to spend around £50 on a CPU cooler however willing to consider any suggestions. I have no idea the prices in other currencies but I guess the UK is the most expensive as we always are :(

You have high ram, from Noctua the NH-U12S and NH-L12 are below <£50. Just look at the measurements or google search to find if it's been done before.

looking on-line the best option currently looks to be the --> Hyper 212 Evo s it looks to give the best bang for buck ( need to do some measurements first of course) 

The Ram does have removable fins to turn them in to low profile if required so not necessary an issue I think.  

I like the idea of Noctua CPU fans as from what I see they seem to be the best air coolers around or at least up there 

It comes with a good fan so the noise level will be good.

The EVO is great and it fits your case, http://pcpartpicker.com/b/4DrH99 . You won't get a better cooler at that price and the only Noctua coolers that will give you significantly better performance over the EVO are the NH-D14 and NH-D15.

Here's a list of all the coolers and their benchmarks: the EVO and Noctua cooler are amongst the results. http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2766&page=5

It comes with Be Quiet's silent wing fan so the noise level will be good.

You are getting a better cooler at that price and it goes by the name Enermax ETS-T40-TB

and you say the "only" noctua coolers give significantly better performnace than evo... no man

i know in your head there is only hyper 212 evo and noctua tower cooler, but how about thermalight macho, bequiet coolers, phanteks coolers...

Think I have made up my mind and going with the EVO.

Think its the best choice and seems to be recommend everywhere. 

Thanks guys :D 

Yep, not for an 8320 but they are very good, a bit better than a Corsair H60 and a little worse than the Noctua NH-U12S but the Hyper 212 EVO is louder (only a bit :) )