Nexus 6 confirmed maybe?

_ASSASSIN_

The Nexus 6's existence has been disputed over, with many allegations claiming it exists and others denying it's existence. Whether the Android Silver project will actually take over the

Nexus 6 is still to be seen, as a new rumor from a "source close to the nexus project" has claimed that "a OEM" (still unknown) will be working with Google to later put out it's Nexus device.

The dispute surrounding whether Google will this year release another Nexus phone this year has apparently been resolved. A source within Google who is close to the project has advised Ausdroid that Google are indeed looking to release a new phone in the Nexus line later this year.

The source advised that a new Nexus phone is definitely in the works, with the big feature of the new Nexus phone tipped to be a very LG G3 sized 5.5″ screen. While the screen size matches, no mention was made of whether the resolution of the panel would be equal to the QHD display on the LG flagship.

LG has said previously that they aren't working with google to put out the Nexus device, so could it possibly be HTC like previous claims have stated?

Anyways I'm highly anticipating this phone, as it might be on of the first (or most realistically in the case of Nexus devices, last) devices to use the 805 chipset from qualcomm.

However I do not think that it will use a QHD screen being that it is still a reletively new technology that will depend on the OEM of the QHD display supplier's supply and demand,

if there will be more devices than the LG G3 that are big in the mainstream, then it could be possible we could see a QHD, 5.5 inch nexus device.

So what are your guys thoughts? Are you completely sick of seeing more Nexus 6 news?

Source: http://ausdroid.net/2014/06/21/new-nexus-phone-definitely-works-5-5-screen-onboard/

I was pretty sure that Nexus devices as a whole were dead.

But it seems that it is possibly not. If not, cool. Doesn't mean I am buying another Nexus device though. They are just not meant to be upscale in any manner. But I know they weren't ment to be.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Let's just hope Google gets their shit together with updates...

4.4.3 destroyed my battery life on my Nexus 5.

I have learned that Google doesn't know to bug fix!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Let's just hope Google gets their shit together with updates...

4.4.3 destroyed my battery life on my Nexus 5.

I have learned that Google doesn't know to bug fix!

that and they can't properly patch OpenSSL bugs. Hell, CM fixed the issue before Google put out 4.4.4.

that and they can't properly patch OpenSSL bugs. Hell, CM fixed the issue before Google put out 4.4.4.

Yeah, It's not even officially out until it hits OTA updates, and if history shows it will be spotty.

Honestly when I found out that Google was possibly canning the Nexus program I was a little upset at them, but now I understand why. They just want to make the OS and have the handset manufacturers deal with the bugs and service. I think HTC or even Samsung would do a much better job than Google at making and maintaining a 'Nexus-like' experience.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I'm more interested in the Android Silver program.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yeah, It's not even officially out until it hits OTA updates, and if history shows it will be spotty.

Honestly when I found out that Google was possibly canning the Nexus program I was a little upset at them, but now I understand why. They just want to make the OS and have the handset manufacturers deal with the bugs and service. I think HTC or even Samsung would do a much better job than Google at making and maintaining a 'Nexus-like' experience.

Samsung..Big nope, it's like they try to ignore google as much as possible, keeping the micro-SD card (which is kind of a must on those phones because they are @ 16GB) and continuing not only stay with capacitive buttons, but also still using the menu button. I wouldn't trust samsung with doing anything google like when they clearly have set out keeping their own closed door experience as we have seen with the galaxy gear as a prime example of that.

For the most part Nexus exists for people to develop apps on really.

I'm more interested in the Android Silver program.

what makes me interested is getting specs similar to the LG G3 for much less.

what makes me interested is getting specs similar to the LG G3 for much less.

LG won't make it nicer than the G3. It wouldn't make sense. So it'll have a worse camera, and probably side mounted buttons. Which aren't bad. But it'll make the phone wider.

The thing that worries me most is the battery. The battery in the N5 is significantly worse than the one in the G2. If they do that to the N6 with a 1440p screen..

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

LG won't make it nicer than the G3. It wouldn't make sense. So it'll have a worse camera, and probably side mounted buttons. Which aren't bad. But it'll make the phone wider.

The thing that worries me most is the battery. The battery in the N5 is significantly worse than the one in the G2. If they do that to the N6 with a 1440p screen..

it's not made by LG, lol read the OP son.

it's not made by LG, lol read the OP son.

Touche.

Still though. The Nexus devices usually aren't super awesome. They're good, but nothing top of the line.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Touche.

Still though. The Nexus devices usually aren't super awesome. They're good, but nothing top of the line.

what really suffers for the most part is the camera and battery. If they don't skimp out on the battery, I'll be very very very happy. Considering the form factor as well I'm pretty sure they won't have a hard time putting at least 2800 mAh or more.

what really suffers for the most part is the camera and battery. If they don't skimp out on the battery, I'll be very very very happy. Considering the form factor as well I'm pretty sure they won't have a hard time putting at least 2800 mAh or more.

That's the thing though...they could have put a much larger battery into the 5. They don't. Hell most phones these days can have bigger batteries. There's a phone that's 8.7mm thick with a 5" display and 5300mah battery.

It saddens as well as frustrates me to no end :P

I get that cameras are expensive. I'm really hoping with Android Silver that they step up the price as well as the features. Say $499 for a premium set out to beat all phone? I'd be down.

And we'd actually get to buy it unlike the OnePlus One ;)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

That's the thing though...they could have put a much larger battery into the 5. They don't. Hell most phones these days can have bigger batteries. There's a phone that's 8.7mm thick with a 5" display and 5300mah battery.

It saddens as well as frustrates me to no end :P

I get that cameras are expensive. I'm really hoping with Android Silver that they step up the price as well as the features. Say $499 for a premium set out to beat all phone? I'd be down.

And we'd actually get to buy it unlike the OnePlus One ;)

;);););)

yeah, the find 7 let me down from how fat it was and that the speakers were on the back, the absolute dumbest place to put them. Soo yeah we need a good $500 that beat all. That would be awesome.

Google and whoever is making the Nexus 6 or whatever it'll be called, PLEASE put a big battery in the phone. The "Nexus 6" will already be sporting the latest in hardware (minus the camera...probably), so there's no need to worry there. Just want a big battery like in the G2 and I'll easily buy the phone.

COMIC SANS

;);););)

yeah, the find 7 let me down from how fat it was and that the speakers were on the back, the absolute dumbest place to put them. Soo yeah we need a good $500 that beat all. That would be awesome.

Just beat it...... anyways halp with recovery pls goobi.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Hopefully if it's true it will be good, I'm tired of waiting for a oneplus one.... haha never settle yea right.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I will buy it only if it is cheap and has a micro SD slot. Otherwise Google and go and shove their expensive low storage phones up their asses. You can buy a 32GB micro SD card for £10 and the upgrade to Nexus 5 32GB is so much more than that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I will buy it only if it is cheap and has a micro SD slot. Otherwise Google and go and shove their expensive low storage phones up their asses. You can buy a 32GB micro SD card for £10 and the upgrade to Nexus 5 32GB is so much more than that.

it will never have a micro SD card slot. That was discarded in 4.4 kitkat. This is because developers had to create apps designed for normal and SD card usage. When a SD card was taken out, the app was usually programmed to work with it in place, causing apps to crash. Google has since streamlined this and will most likely not go back.

Would love to see a Nexus 6, especially if it's made by HTC.

it will never have a micro SD card slot. That was discarded in 4.4 kitkat. This is because developers had to create apps designed for normal and SD card usage. When a SD card was taken out, the app was usually programmed to work with it in place, causing apps to crash. Google has since streamlined this and will most likely not go back.

Well if they reduced the cost of going for higher storage options that would be ok/not so bad but if they remove a good feature and still charge stupid prices for storage then you should understand that you won't sell as many phones. I would prefer to buy a cheap ass phone from a Chinese rip off store just because I can upgrade my storage capacity over a Nexus 5/6.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well if they reduced the cost of going for higher storage options that would be ok/not so bad but if they remove a good feature and still charge stupid prices for storage then you should understand that you won't sell as many phones. I would prefer to buy a cheap ass phone from a Chinese rip off store just because I can upgrade my storage capacity over a Nexus 5/6.

congrats bud.