exactly so it dosent really work.....

It works fine.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

I say dual 660ti's

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

It works fine.

its not all to do with vram as you will surely explain.....

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

It works fine.

why would you buy a card with more vram if you cant use all of it ? it dosent work... im not saying it wont be in sli, im saying you wont get the full use of your cards

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

why would you buy a card with more vram if you cant use all of it ? it dosent work... im not saying it wont be in sli, im saying you wont get the full use of your cards

You can put a 2gb card in SLI with a 3GB card IT WORKS !

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

You can put a 2gb card in SLI with a 3GB card IT WORKS !

"im not saying it wont be in sli"

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Thats like saying a RAID with different size HDDs don't work. It works, just not to the full potential of the better HW

Edit: just saw you basically wrote the same thing

Anyway, the SLI will work as intended

Also, OP, think about what you want out of your system in the future. If you go SLI now, you'll probably get as good performance as a single 680, and at a much nicer price. You won't, however, have the ability to upgrade to dual 680s in the future... You always lose at the end in the HW game, it's just a matter of when and at what cost

as far as I know, the msi 660 ti pe is only 2G of ram... what 660 ti would you recomend that has more ram as it only uses the ram of one card?

or doesn't it work like that?

Edited by 1wsx10

as far as I know, the msi 660 ti pe is only 2G of ram... what 660 ti would you recomend that has more ram as it only uses the ram of one card?

sorry for all this.. you wont see benefit from mixed match vram

since you have 1 with 2G all you will get is 2Gs

I cant use 1 with 3G as the main one and one with 2G as secondary to get  3G?

no that would be 1GB total effective Vram.

It will relegate to the lowest denomination as I said above LOL.

no because they share 2Gs,

they cant share what they dont have, and one has 1 extra Gb the other dosent

just make sure they match for no confusion 

no because they share 2Gs,

they cant share what they dont have, and one has 1 extra Gb the other dosent

thank you, I see now but i thought they would both be using the one set of ram some how lol

To put it in simply, the cars will be synced, so the ram of both the cards will hold the same data. Each GPU can only read from its own ram, so each will have its own 2GB of ram. If you have one card with 2GB and one with 3GB, the latter one will have 1 GB unused, as it has to adapt to the abilities of the other

alright everyone, thanks for all the help. Imma go and get another 660 ti on the weekend XD

now its late so I gotta go