Cool tech things to see in LA

minimoose

So I am going to LA, and I was wondering if anyone knows cool things (specifically tech related, doesn't have to be) to see in LA.  Anything from some kind of company studio to a landmark.

Lemme know!

Sorry, I'm not that cool. But try to find Syndicate's house while your there. 

Sorry, I'm not that cool. But try to find Syndicate's house while your there. 

Huh, good idea, not sure if he is there right now tho. :P

Huh, good idea, not sure if he is there right now tho. :P

He is.  ;)

nothing reall,Since i live in california,Been there plently of times,nothing really to see..........

Try to find Jayztwocents house Barnacules is staying there currently then check out Newegg's Office

So I am going to LA, and I was wondering if anyone knows cool things (specifically tech related, doesn't have to be) to see in LA.  Anything from some kind of company studio to a landmark.

Lemme know!

In N Out Burger

also, minimoose, have you been here the whole time?

nothing reall,Since i live in california,Been there plently of times,nothing really to see..........

Don't we all feel the same of our home town/region?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

It depends on what you mean by tech, exactly. The Griffith Observatory is pretty incredible, I could spend days there. The space shuttle Endeavor is located at the California Science Center.

As for computer related stuff:

There are tons of game studios such as Activision, Riot, Naughty Dog, Cloud Imperium, Neversoft, DICE. Down further south in Orange County, you've got Blizzard and Obsidian.

I know Cisco has offices in LA. Intel has a campus in Orange County, and so does WD.

However, I'm not sure if any of these places give tours or anything like that.

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

Don't we all feel the same of our home town/region?

Yes,Same old same old,Nothing really new or special.

In N Out Burger

also, minimoose, have you been here the whole time?

What do you mean?  Do I live in LA?  No, I live in Northern CA.  So I have some In N out pretty close :P 

What do you mean?

I was quoting Invader Zim.  I was assuming that's where you came up with your username?  Amirite?

I was quoting Invader Zim.  I was assuming that's where you came up with your username?  Amirite?

Nope, just as a little kid I was nicknamed "mini" and then sometimes moose, and that became minimoose...  Who is Invader Zim?

This guide covers LA pretty well: https://sites.google.com/site/theredditguidetola

I definitely recommend going to the Griffith Observatory and/or The Getty for great views of the city(when its not covered by smog). 

Beaches in the Malibu area are very nice(Zuma, Leo Carillo). If you want to free dive, there are some nice spots near Laguna Beach. 

Hiking is also another option if you are into that type of thing. The hike up to Mount Wilson is very nice. 12 mile round trip, not too bad if you are in moderately fit condition. Views are great from up there.

If you want to go shopping or just check out landmarks, Hollywood and Pasadena are good places for that. 

Food is a big thing in LA, you can find pretty much any kind of food you want here. Little Tokyo has some very nice and cheap restaurants. Check out Shin-Sen-Gumi if you are a fan of ramen, its one of my favorites and a great spot to go with friends.

I don't have time to list more stuff right now, but check out the link I posted above!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

This guide covers LA pretty well: https://sites.google.com/site/theredditguidetola

I definitely recommend going to the Griffith Observatory and/or The Getty for great views of the city(when its not covered by smog). 

Beaches in the Malibu area are very nice(Zuma, Leo Carillo). If you want to free dive, there are some nice spots near Laguna Beach. 

Hiking is also another option if you are into that type of thing. The hike up to Mount Wilson is very nice. 12 mile round trip, not too bad if you are in moderately fit condition. Views are great from up there.

If you want to go shopping or just check out landmarks, Hollywood and Pasadena are good places for that. 

Food is a big thing in LA, you can find pretty much any kind of food you want here. Little Tokyo has some very nice and cheap restaurants. Check out Shin-Sen-Gumi if you are a fan of ramen, its one of my favorites and a great spot to go with friends.

I don't have time to list more stuff right now, but check out the link I posted above!

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/4d2/a73/792/resized/aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-meme-generator-hiking-15-miles-aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-a9237b.jpg

I live in the SF bay area...  So good food is on every block.  And I have been to The Getty before.  But thanks for all the other suggestions!