URGENT - Built a computer, not going into boot media screen

BenestoTech

Did you or your friend ever try resetting the CMOS correctly or check the other cables (not just the cables related to the display) and try another monitor cord?  If so and it didn't work, maybe you can take a picture of your motherboard and show it to us so that we may see if everything is plugged in correctly.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Okay here's a tiny check list , follow them through & post back , you will need extra components . this will take time , but that's the point for troubleshooting, seems the mobo isn't giving out any signals to the monitor, that's a start..First of all clear the CMOS using jumper pins or whichever method your mobo manufacturer recommends, try it again if  failed then follow things below..

1. Check if the motherboard is working properly , connect it to another monitor with the on-board Video output without the hard drive
  2. reseat the Graphics card to another slot (although this wont work if the PCIE lane is broken on the first slot to begin with)
  3. make sure the mobo power connecters all of them are plugged in
  4. check with another graphics card on the same motherboard (if the mobo's not the issue)
  5. get another hdmi/dvi cable to connect , (might be shorting out )
  6. make sure the PSU isn't the culprit , exchange for a working one on the same board
  7. See if the ram is properly placed on respective slots try exchanging them for a new one (make sure it's the right one)
  8. Exchange the CPU itself with another ,
  9. post back if none of the above works..

Unfortunately I have no spare parts to do some of these steps. I'll try and do some of the ones I can, though.

Did you or your friend ever try resetting the CMOS correctly or check the other cables (not just the cables related to the display) and try another monitor cord?  If so and it didn't work, maybe you can take a picture of your motherboard and show it to us so that we may see if everything is plugged in correctly.

Pretty sure Benesto reset the CMOS for me

Rev 4.1? then most likely you'll need BIOS update needs at least F3 for FX 6300

i'm a potato

Pretty sure Benesto reset the CMOS for me

Ah, the last he said was something about doing it wrong and never got back if he ever did it right. What about the image? Can you get us that? You might have something plugged in wrong or not plugged in at all. Otherwise, if your BIOS is not F3, you need to upgrade the BIOS to use that CPU like DEcobra11 said. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Ah, the last he said was something about doing it wrong and never got back if he ever did it right. What about the image? Can you get us that? You might have something plugged in wrong or not plugged in at all. Otherwise, if your BIOS is not F3, you need to upgrade the BIOS to use that CPU like DEcobra11 said. :)

I feel like I need to re-iterate, there is no problem with the BIOS (that I know of), there is merely no display on the monitor other than no signal.

I feel like I need to re-iterate, there is no problem with the BIOS (that I know of), there is merely no display on the monitor other than no signal.

If you are running an older BIOS with a CPU that needs an update,  you aren't going to get far at all. It needs to be updated. ;)

Well the other option is that You can easily hand it over to repair guys & let them do the troubleshooting for you , but they won't do it as careful as you can do it thing is that they might try even try to swap a repairable board for something they can salvage & basically rip you off at the end either way (only few exceptions), go to them only at the absolute end ! sems to me that your bios chip or chipset itself is fried , but anyways.. try, to salvage the part from a local friend or relative if you can to try the things on the list.. Good luck with the repair.. B) Do quote while you Post back so i can notice it & reply quickly..

Details separate people.

I just read through this entire thread and there is one thing that stands out, above all else.

Note - there is a quiet noise from inside a computer that sounds like a fan speeding up, then turning off, then speeding up again, in repetitive cycles

The computer is constantly rebooting itself.  The last time I ran into this issue it was a bad PSU.  My recommendation to you, is to swap out the PSU for one that you know is functional.  I, personally, have had a terrible track record with TT PSU's and avoid them like the plague.

I had this issue with two of my computers. I did the re-flowing technique with ovens. The first one came out bad because I was an idiot who forgot to take off the CMOS Battery so that was dead. Then the second computer came out fine since I took the right precautions. Try that

Project Restomod (In progress)

Note - there is a quiet noise from inside a computer that sounds like a fan speeding up, then turning off, then speeding up again, in repetitive cycles

I had something similar happen when I accidentally bent a pin and the fans would cycle on and off.