URGENT - Built a computer, not going into boot media screen

BenestoTech

Monitor detects the cable but computer isn't sending any data so it says NO SIGNAL. Black screen means you've messed something up

That, or something we got was faulty. Don't blame it all on me please - I have checked everything many times; I think its a faulty motherboard, i have seen something like this before and it was a faulty motherboard. I've built 7 computers, all working fine - im not a n00b

Yo whats up.

Make sure that the cables your using are for the right purposes. 

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

That, or something we got was faulty. Don't blame it all on me please - I have checked everything many times; I think its a faulty motherboard, i have seen something like this before and it was a faulty motherboard. I've built 7 computers, all working fine - im not a n00b

I never said you were. BTW: did you notice front page beta?

Same thing when we plug it in with VGA on the motherboard, even when we take the GPU out

I meant nonpicture related cables. And have you tried clearing the CMOS? Remove the battery on the motherboard and follow the instructions @Hoppa left for you.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I meant nonpicture related cables. And have you tried clearing the CMOS? Remove the battery on the motherboard and follow the instructions @Hoppa left for you.

Removed. Boot without it now, or put it back in and boot?

Yo whats up.

Removed. Boot without it now, or put it back in and boot?

Sorry, I meant "Volbet"'s post in that last comment.  Here:

There might be a small button on the rear I/O that you can press to clear the CMOS. 

Else you will have to unplug the PC from the wall, then remove the battery from the motherboard. Then you hold the start button for 5 seconds. Then the CMOS is cleared

And system specs would help.

It's a very old inside joke, that I'm probably the only one that remembers. But it will stay. 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Put back lol...

also what MB and CPU?

Clarification?

Sorry, I meant "Volbet"'s post in that last comment.  Here:

No button, removed and put thebattery back in, still no luck. I'm really thinking this is a faulty motherboard.  :(

Yo whats up.

May not be faulty; please tell us mb and cpu, might be BIOS version... looks like that; mainly that boot loop...

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard

AMD FX-6300 Black Edition 6-Core Socket AM3+ CPU Processor

Yo whats up.

Clarification?

No button, removed and put thebattery back in, still no luck. I'm really thinking this is a faulty motherboard.   :(

No button? You have to have a "turn on/start" button. :o

At the front, yes, not one on the IO at the back

Yo whats up.

OH CRAP. YOU MEANT the IO on the front didn't you.

FACEPALM

Yo whats up.

OH CRAP. YOU MEANT the IO on the front didn't you.

FACEPALM

Yup. :)

Try again. Turn off computer, flip switch, unplug PSU cable, remove battery, wait a minute or two before inserting the battery, press the "on" button to the computer, replug in PSU cable, flip switch back on,  and then attempt to turn on the computer again.

Usual insert boot media means that the OS files are corrupted or you fu*ked up a partition table , your best buy is to connect the hard drive as a slave & pull of all the important info onto another hard drive  and Reformat the drive using diskpart cmd then do a fresh installation of the os , preferably from a trusted source(unscratched/non-damaged disc)

Post back if this resolves the issue....

Details separate people.

Just a thought, have you made sure the atx 12v is also plugged in,  it wouldn't be the first time that has been forgotten, or the heatsink on the cpu for that matter.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Pull the ram out and only put one module back in and try to boot. From what has been said and tried, could be it

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Clarification?

No button, removed and put thebattery back in, still no luck. I'm really thinking this is a faulty motherboard.   :(

Usual insert boot media means that the OS files are corrupted or you fu*ked up a partition table , your best buy is to connect the hard drive as a slave & pull of all the important info onto another hard drive  and Reformat the drive using diskpart cmd then do a fresh installation of the os , preferably from a trusted source(unscratched/non-damaged disc)

Post back if this resolves the issue....

The hardrive is blank, there is no OS to be corrupted

Just a thought, have you made sure the atx 12v is also plugged in,  it wouldn't be the first time that has been forgotten, or the heatsink on the cpu for that matter.

Could you please elaborate?

Pull the ram out and only put one module back in and try to boot. From what has been said and tried, could be it

Tried it, no luck.

I'm going to bed now, I'll respond to any replies later

Yo whats up.

Put back lol...

also what MB, BIOS version (you can check this in your mb, before you ask) and CPU?

First of all, this is Benesto's friend talking right now (He's building the PC for me), just thought I would say that for the sake of his reputation.

Anyway, I'm assuming this is what you're talking about: Hybrid EFI technology with DualBIOS for 3TB HDD support. If this is the wrong information (sorry!), here is the link to the motherboards information: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#ov

Yo whats up.

The hardrive is blank, there is no OS to be corrupted

okay , i misread the question :mellow: , so i get the point now :(  , Do you have a windows 7 OS disc with you?

Details separate people.

okay , i misread the question :mellow: , so i get the point now :(  , Do you have a windows 7 OS disc with you?

I have the Windows 8 Installation Media. This is Benesto's friend btw, just decided to make my own account instead of using his. 

I have the Windows 8 Installation Media. This is Benesto's friend btw, just decided to make my own account instead of using his. 

Oh Okay then , That's even Better :) ,First of all a Warm welcome to the forum ^_^  ,

alright , So i don't have an experience with windows 8 disc, but on windows 7 disc there was a repair option where you can get to the cmd  prompt, but either way it should have an option to repair the the drive on the bottom left of the box where it asks you to "install" windows , check & see if you can get into cmd  prompt from there.. & Post back

Details separate people.

Oh Okay then , That's even Better :) ,First of all a Warm welcome to the forum ^_^  ,

alright , So i don't have an experience with windows 8 disc, but on windows 7 disc there was a repair option where you can get to the cmd  prompt, but either way it should have an option to repair the the drive on the bottom left of the box where it asks you to "install" windows , check & see if you can get into cmd  prompt from there.. & Post back

I can't get to that, the monitor says 'No Signal'. There is no visual prompt present for me to do any of this, I'm hoping to have Geeks2u over today to help me solve this issue.

Oh okay... so not even the bios startup splash screen  is showing up?

Details separate people.

Oh okay... so not even the bios startup splash screen  is showing up?

Nothing shows up except the brand name of the monitor, no signal and then a black screen.

Okay here's a tiny check list , follow them through & post back , you will need extra components . this will take time , but that's the point for troubleshooting, seems the mobo isn't giving out any signals to the monitor, that's a start..First of all clear the CMOS using jumper pins or whichever method your mobo manufacturer recommends, try it again if  failed then follow things below..

1. Check if the motherboard is working properly , connect it to another monitor with the on-board Video output without the hard drive
  2. reseat the Graphics card to another slot (although this wont work if the PCIE lane is broken on the first slot to begin with)
  3. make sure the mobo power connecters all of them are plugged in
  4. check with another graphics card on the same motherboard (if the mobo's not the issue)
  5. get another hdmi/dvi cable to connect , (might be shorting out )
  6. make sure the PSU isn't the culprit , exchange for a working one on the same board
  7. See if the ram is properly placed on respective slots try exchanging them for a new one (make sure it's the right one)
  8. Exchange the CPU itself with another ,
  9. post back if none of the above works..

Details separate people.

Nothing shows up except the brand name of the monitor, no signal and then a black screen.

when i built mine i thought i had all the cables plugged in but i forgot the cpu plug, did the same thing just revved the fans up and down and led kept doing the same. also forgot to plug the full set of graphics card plugs in as well  ^_^