Hey guys do you think this would be a good idea?

This is a message that I sent to the ncix facebook. hoping someone would read it, but I realize now this is the place to be. Im just re purposing the message. what do you guys think?  I was looking for a new gpu for my machine and was gna just go grab a 780 or ti but then I figured lets see some benches with my cpu ( which is a phenom 2 x6 1055t ) and a 780 ti in the same bench as a i5 4670k and a 780 ti. not surprisingly I could not find it and I was unable to find any phenom 2 x6 game benches compared to an i5 of sandy,ivy or haswell revision. I know the list of people who still use older cpus is not small. but is it big enough for it to matter when regarding gaming? also I feel like this would be an interesting video anyways just to see how important a processor post 2010 really is when your just gaming. 

Hey Ncix, I was wondering if you guys would be interested in making a video regarding the use of older Cpus( such as the phenom II x6 line and the lintel core 2 duo/quads ) with new Gpus like the r9 290x and 780 ti. do a couple of game benchmarks and finish it off with some benchmarks you've already done using the same graphics cards but with modern cpus. I think that it would an extremely interesting video and I have definitely not seen anything like it. I'm just asking you guys because I know if anyone where to try it would be you great guys over at ncix. ps. linus is short

thanks for the read guys.

This forum has nothing to do with NCIX. Is not endorsed nor affiliated either. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

TisBc one thing is for sure benchmarking only seems to be done to push newer cpus and cards most of the time and does not go back far enough at times.  Of course the reason for this is money, time and available hardware.  Still I am shocked we have not seen a site where we are given certain gaming benchmarks to run (non synthetic) and we upload our score or whatever to their site.  I will say finally that there have been many times where I wanted to see a certain graphics card or cpu compared to newer stuff running certain games and it wasn't done.  There definitely is an audience I think out here on the net that wants what you want OP or well something similar to what you want.  As for NCIX doing it I honestly don't care who does it as long as it gets done in the future.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

ahh, I didnt realize that the 2 groups where separate. thank you for telling me. 

id love to see linus do  a video regarding this topic. but I think devilzzz made a great idea regarding uploading our personal bench mark scores onto some sort of cpu/gpu database. although I feel that anyone who has a newer gpu has probably already bought a newer cpu/mobo combo if only because they were not able to find any information about older cpus and new gpus. and wanted to play it on the safe side. Thats what I was going to do, but i figured ill just wait for the 880 ti, get it and see how it runs with my phenom 2 compared to games benchmarks with a newer cpu. and then take it from there. although that means im stuck with my current setup for now. but honestly there arent that many newer games that Im playing nowadays anyhow. mostly just stalker, some garbage mmorpgs with my friends and the odd game of cs. for what I do my comp is fine. but I have the money and upgrades are always nice. but im super interested in how an older cpu like mine would run in games with one of the best gpus out compared to the most popular 4670k or something along those lines

@TisBc There are some benchmark databases under different subsections (CINEBENCH for CPUs). Its pretty much useless to do testing with older cpu comapred to newer if there's more than 2 gens between them. For one its waste of time since all major cpus are tested when released and some used in testbenches after that. Passmark is good place if you want to compare purely benchmark data. But for game comparisons its harder since they are more time consuming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You should have sent that message straight to Linus. As others have stated LTT has nothing to do with NCIX.