If Ubisoft carry on the way they are at the moment, I wonder how long before...

Askew

a85117bca278853f1c1aa09679173795.png

Becomes..

c95206412248583503f13d183ea5b497.png

I know EA have the longest record of BS, but sometimes the web has a pretty short memory and of late Ubisoft are absolutely raking in the bad press from the PC community with this whole parity scandal, and EA are busy increasing the tickrate on BF4, giving open beta access to a 'new' AAA and generally being less of a dick than is expected.

Just talking about the last month.

There's also the "on the house" offers on EA's side. I know it's just to get more people to use origin, but hey, free games are free games. It's true that EA has been pulling a lot of bs moves but in come cases it's not as bad.

Whereas ubisoft is basically doing the same bad things as EA but worse.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Unless far cry 4 doesn't run like arse i'll probably not buy anything from ubi until they've gotten their act together again. 

I just hope there will be a significant amount of pc gamers that will speak with their wallets too..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I just hope there will be a significant amount of pc gamers that will speak with their wallets too..

I agree, but the painful truth is that if nobody bought their PC games, then regardless of whether it was their own fault or not they'd probably just stop making them.

It has catch 22 potential on that situation, especially if the person who calls the shots is deluded enought to exclusively blame 'pc piracy' for the drop off.

yeah EA is slowly redeeming themselves, still a very long way but a start is a start lets hope they don't screw it up as bad as they did before now and later, but ubisoft is being idiotic these days, the crap they pulled with watch dogs is something i haven't seen before from no one, and regardless of their BS i'm still looking forward to some of their games, the crew looks like the racing game i always wanted, and can't wait for the beta to hit next month, but with their recent attitude i going kinda cynical about how the game would perform on the hardware, though is not coming directly from ubi montreal so that's something

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I agree, but the painful truth is that if nobody bought their PC games, then regardless of whether it was their own fault or not they'd probably just stop making them.

They won't necessarily be missed. If nobody buys their stuff because it sucks balls then either 1) they realize they are missing out on millions of potential revenue and we finally get good games or 2) they just don't port their games to pc anymore, in which case who cares since we wouldn't buy crap ports anyway. THEY need US, not the other way around. We shouldn't feel forced to buy their crap because otherwise they will stop porting it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They won't necessarily be missed. If nobody buys their stuff because it sucks balls then either 1) they realize they are missing out on millions of potential revenue and we finally get good games or 2) they just don't port their games to pc anymore, in which case who cares since we wouldn't buy crap ports anyway. THEY need US, not the other way around. We shouldn't feel forced to buy their crap because otherwise they will stop porting it.

Oh I'm not buying it, whatever comes of the situation is what comes of it.

A change of management there could potentially be a winning solution, to be honest I'm really interested to see how good Rockstar's PC port of GTA V is, and how well it sells if it's good.

I'm really interested to see how good Rockstar's PC port of GTA V is, and how well it sells if it's good.

I'm not touching that. I think we should boycott that game regardless of how well ported it is. I'm not willing to support bs tactics like releasing the game on pc one full year after the old generation console release, especially considering the budget they had and the hype that they built around it. Again, it's a case of THEY need US. If they're going to make us wait, we shouldn't be willing to pay them, at least not full price. If they sell very few copies you can BET next time the pc release will be a priority. Unfortunatley I already know that game is going to sell like hot pancakes. It's the same thing as cod: people know it's terrible but they still give them their money hoping things will change themselves. It's like what Linus says, if you don't like something don't throw money its way, but nobody ever listens...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not touching that. I think we should boycott that game regardless of how well ported it is. I'm not willing to support bs tactics like releasing the game on pc one full year after the old generation console release, especially considering the budget they had and the hype that they built around it. Again, it's a case of THEY need US. If they're going to make us wait, we shouldn't be willing to pay them, at least not full price. If they sell very few copies you can BET next time the pc release will be a priority. Unfortunatley I already know that game is going to sell like hot pancakes. It's the same thing as cod: people know it's terrible but they still give them their money hoping things will change themselves. It's like what Linus says, if you don't like something don't throw money its way, but nobody ever listens...

PS4 and Xbox One had to wait too, the same amount of time, it's just business IMO they first give to the massive userbase and don't give people a choice to buy it on a superior platform (PS4/Xbone and PC are superior to PS3 and 360), and then when that's done and done you can launch it on the faster platforms and get that money too (probably even sell it again to a lot of people who bought it on 360/PS3)

Anyone who didn't expect there to be a PS4/Xbone/PC release was deluded IMHO, people were thirsty and couldn't wait which made Rockstar a massive amount of cash, I don't believe they need PC at all to be successful, just on PS3 and 360 they sold how many? By April 2014 over 30 million copies and an estimated $1.9billion?

Doesn't sound needy to me.

-

Next gen console owners should aid us in boycotting them. It's true they already made a lot of cash, doesn't mean they wouldn't like to triple up on it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yeah EA is slowly redeeming themselves

Ummm no: They can't never redeem for this even if they give away copies of all their latest games, this kind of damage is unforgivable and unforgettable. 

RHSJ6.png

-------

Current Rig

-------

Next gen console owners should aid us in boycotting them. It's true they already made a lot of cash, doesn't mean they wouldn't like to triple up on it.

Precisely: They do make a ton of money but they often spend it almost as fast on sequels and such, if a few of them start to tank then suddenly they'll be in a huge shithole.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ummm no: They can't never redeem for this even if they give away copies of all their latest games, this kind of damage is unforgivable and unforgettable. 

Unforgivable yes, unforgettable? I honestly think that's changing, whilst you and I remember the things depicted in that image, I'd argue that an increasing number (who will soon be the majority of the gaming community) do not, and don't care about the past that far back as a result.

I believe that the negative behaviours of other companies like Ubisoft will further exacerbate the forgetting of EA's past.

RHSJ6.png

fair enough, everyone has their opinion, i'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt because i had fun with their old games, heck my favorite game of all time was made by them (the og nfs:mw) but is going to be a while before i buy something from them again, besides their latest crapfest that was bf4, they don't have something that i'm mildly interested, the closest from them would be battlefront and that coming who knows when

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Unforgivable yes, unforgettable? I honestly think that's changing, whilst you and I remember the things depicted in that image, I'd argue that an increasing number (who will soon be the majority of the gaming community) do not, and don't care about the past that far back as a result.

I believe that the negative behaviours of other companies like Ubisoft will further exacerbate the forgetting of EA's past.

There's a difference between forgetting it and flat out not knowing about it: Yes many gamers might not feel as strongly as I do and I wouldn't blame it (I'd rather inform them) but that's because they just weren't PC gamers through the 90s and early 2000s like I was.

-------

Current Rig

-------

fair enough, everyone has their opinion, i'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt because i had fun with their old games, heck my favorite game of all time was made by them (the og nfs:mw) but is going to be a while before i buy something from them again, besides their latest crapfest that was bf4, they don't have something that i'm mildly interested, the closest from them would be battlefront and that coming who knows when

If anything, I think we can agree that there's enough EA shit to go around: both fairly old and fairly contemporary.

-------

Current Rig

-------