Failing Pump :( New D5 or DDC?

I currently have an XSPC X20 750 dual bay pump/res combo.

Mine was a b-grade clearance line model on overclockers uk; and I chose it because it was about £20 quid less than a new one.

I also didn't realize it has a 50 degrees celsius temperature limit.

However now it is failing and makes a lot of noise, probably because of the temperature limit but I'm not sure.

So I want to buy a new pump but I have a few questions

1. Whats the difference between a D5 and DDC pump, pros/cons etc...?

2.Could I leave the my current pump/res in the bay, and leave it off to use it as a res or would this restrict flow?

3.What pump would you suggest, preferably as 'bang for your buck' as possible? I'm on a practically non-existent budget :(

New D5. It is a lot more powerful, so you can run it slower at quieter noise levels and still get great performance.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I currently have an XSPC X20 750 dual bay pump/res combo.

Mine was a b-grade clearance line model on overclockers uk; and I chose it because it was about £20 quid less than a new one.

I also didn't realize it has a 50 degrees celsius temperature limit.

However now it is failing and makes a lot of noise, probably because of the temperature limit but I'm not sure.

So I want to buy a new pump but I have a few questions

1. Whats the difference between a D5 and DDC pump, pros/cons etc...?

2.Could I leave the my current pump/res in the bay, and leave it off to use it as a res or would this restrict flow?

3.What pump would you suggest, preferably as 'bang for your buck' as possible? I'm on a practically non-existent budget :(

Any D5 rebrand. Best would be a variable speed one from Swiftech. 

The DDC is a powerful little pump but they can get pretty hot (this has been a problem for some). The D5's are know to run cooler and quieter. 

I'd get a pumptop and res kit from Bitspower for it and presto.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

@c_mike, depends on the size of your case, if you can fit a D5 I'd go with that, if space is tight, DDC.

You can easily remove the top of that res, remove the dead pump and use it as a bay res, no problem.

How about this pump? 

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-001-TL&groupid=962&catid=2141&subcat=2145

@c_mike, depends on the size of your case, if you can fit a D5 I'd go with that, if space is tight, DDC.

You can easily remove the top of that res, remove the dead pump and use it as a bay res, no problem.

Ok thanks, I have quite a lot of room between my PSU and Hard Drive cage to put a pump, so I think i'll go for a D5