i7 4770k now idles at ~50 degrees C

Just recently ive noticed my cpu temps at idle have gone from around 32-35 up to around 50. Im not sure why  because my h100i is practically brand new, ive only had it maybe a month maybe. Any ideas why it would go up?

Is the pump runnings? fans running? if so try reseating the CPU, and the CPU cooler

I would remount the cooler and use some new thermal paste, or it could be the hot summer weather if its summer where you are but the first option is more than likely the solution if that does not work RMA it to Corsair.

i've recently noticed my 4770k has gone from 24-26c to 34-36c on idle, rarely drops below 30c.  It has been overclocked for a while now though, so maybe degradation or just needs to be re-seated?

What is the pump rpm?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

reseat the cooler with new thermal paste, make sure nothing is obstructing the radiator filter (spiderwebs or dust)make sure fans blades aren't damaged or bend in anyways to obscure airflow, make sure the pumps are working properly , usaully i'd reccomend you send it back to get a replacement as there might be something that's obstructing the cooler liquid flow from the inside or the contact plates are deformed while handling or in production.

Details separate people.

its summer, im idling at 49-59c. at least my loads are under 80c, which is all that matters. idle means nothing.

also, the TIM under the IHS of your cpu can dry out

I think it was just a fluke in my temperature monitoring program because when i started a game the temperature actually went down 5 degrees and stayed around 45-46 degrees. 

reseat the cooler with new thermal paste, make sure nothing is obstructing the radiator filter (spiderwebs or dust)make sure fans blades aren't damaged or bend in anyways to obscure airflow, make sure the pumps are working properly , usaully i'd reccomend you send it back to get a replacement as there might be something that's obstructing the cooler liquid flow from the inside or the contact plates are deformed while handling or in production.

its summer, im idling at 49-59c. at least my loads are under 80c, which is all that matters. idle means nothing.

also, the TIM under the IHS of your cpu can dry out

I would remount the cooler and use some new thermal paste, or it could be the hot summer weather if its summer where you are but the first option is more than likely the solution if that does not work RMA it to Corsair.

I think it was just a fluke in my temperature monitoring program because when i started a game the temperature actually went down 5 degrees and stayed around 45-46 degrees.