Is there a good mic for Xbox 360

qazxcb

just a quick question, I have had an official Xbox  mic and a turtle beach but the Xbox official one broke quickly and the turtle beach was low quality so I was wondering if there is a solution to get a high quality mic or can I just use a 3.5mm mic with an adapter? any information will help. 

astros make good mics for xbox

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

May I ask what type of official Xbox mic you had? Was it the black version that has been packed in with the Slim models?

My original Xbox headset (grey cable with a bulky controller connector) has lasted since my launch console, even outlasting two consoles themselves.

Personaly i use a Throat mic from Madcats thats (sadly) Mw2 theamed, but my friends havent comlpaind over the chat and they still work. not sure if they still on sell thou.

Other then that i got an addapted where i can plugin my PC headset...well i could, i dont use wired headsets anymore but thats a cheap option if you have a pair of Wired Headsets.

I have the Turtlebeach x11. They were on sale so I got them cause my regular headset broke. I have no complaints about them. I also have the Razer Chimaeras. I loved them for the time I used it, my only complaint was they drained battery fairly quickly so I split my time between the X11 and the Chimaera regularly. 

I have the Turtlebeach x11. They were on sale so I got them cause my regular headset broke. I have no complaints about them. I also have the Razer Chimaeras. I loved them for the time I used it, my only complaint was they drained battery fairly quickly so I split my time between the X11 and the Chimaera regularly.

I have the Razer Chimaera 5.1 and they are absolutely awesome. The batteries that shipped with them (regular AAA size, NiMH) were horrible, wouldn't last more than maybe an hour and a half (McNair 900mAh 1.2V. Never heard of this company). This wasn't an issue for me though because I got them with a Sanyo Eneloop bundle and they actually power the headset for the advertised time just fine. And the base station will charge the Eneloops too, which is good for those not so long gaming sessions. For me personally I've found the Chimaera's mic picks up my voice a lot better than any stock Xbox mic.

(Dudenstein: if you haven't already, try good quality batteries such as Eneloops in the Chimaera)

I have the Razer Chimaera 5.1 and they are absolutely awesome. The batteries that shipped with them (regular AAA size, NiMH) were horrible, wouldn't last more than maybe an hour and a half (McNair 900mAh 1.2V. Never heard of this company). This wasn't an issue for me though because I got them with a Sanyo Eneloop bundle and they actually power the headset for the advertised time just fine. And the base station will charge the Eneloops too, which is good for those not so long gaming sessions. For me personally I've found the Chimaera's mic picks up my voice a lot better than any stock Xbox mic.

(Dudenstein: if you haven't already, try good quality batteries such as Eneloops in the Chimaera)

Ah thanks for the heads up on that. I've been using the stock batteries that were included. I'll try it out if and when I get my xbox fixed. I have that disc read error where the laser isn't aligned or something so it won't read the disc. Everything else still works fine which is why I use it to watch Hulu, Netflix, or Youtube when I can't be bothered to turn my computer monitor around :P

I have the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic360 Sigma, they are pricey but comfy, and the sound/mic is very good, better then any Turtle Beach headsets I tried over the years

Cry Havoc!

• 2 weeks later...

Try the Tritons they have 3 headsets designed for the Xbox 360:

Trigger (Stereo Wired): http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/trigger.asp

Detonator (Stereo Wireless): http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/detonator.asp

Warhead (Surround Wireless): http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/warhead.asp

I have the warhead they are very comfy, great sound and microphone quality, was told i sounded loud at first but I just read the User Manuel on how to fix it.

Great quality rechargeable battery packs included and very easy setup, all cables included to make sure you can connect it you Xbox 360.

I believe these headsets have the best microphone quality for the Xbox 360.

I have tried Turtle Beaches and I find them unwearable due to bad comfort.

The Astros are also great headsets but use a chat cable.

-OneManArmytstead

I used the Tritton Detonator for a while. The mic was way too quiet, but the sound was good. One of drivers broke in the end so I'm back on my official wired headset. IMO you can't go wrong for $10 with the official one as long as you treat it well. I have broke one or two over the years, but it still works out out a lot less than you'll pay for a decent third party headset.

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) | Core i7 2700K @ 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB @ stock

8GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2133MHz | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 3x500GB RAID 5 | DVD-RW

Xclio Nighthawk | OCZ ModX Stream Pro 700W | CM Hyper 212 EVO with Corsair SP120s push/pull

Astro A40s have a very good (for a headset) microphone. The cable which connects the mix amp to the xbox 360 controller is very fragile and will probably wear out but if you tell Astro they will replace it fro free. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Microsoft lifechat lx-3000 has a good mic..  used it with PS3 , should definitely work with xbox (Not sure)

NZXT Lexa S - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - AMD FX 8150 @ 4.2 Ghz - Corsair H70 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 Mhz 16 GBAsus GTX 970 4GB - Corsair CX 600 - Benq XL2420t - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - WD Live 3TB - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard - Razer Ouroboros Mouse - Steelseries QcK Sk Gaming Edition :wub: