is it better to leave your gaming rig on or turn it off

what? humidity is less prone to damaging stuff while the pc is on mate, the heat produced by the parts make stuff like mist or w/e evaporate before it can harm the components while when the pc is off it's free just to sit on the components and next time you turn on the pc it might make a short. this is not very likely to happen but has happened in a few cases that I have experienced.

Thats the main reason I leave mine on since my house is cooled by a swamp cooler it makes the house super humid so i just leave mine on all the time

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

how about u buy a dehumifier lol if there is mist coming out of you pc lol is it raining in your house

I turn it off because those stock Corsair fans that came with the case and the stock cooler are damn loud.

Unless I want to watch a movie before falling asleep, then I only turn off the monitor and keep my mouse on my nightstand for volume control. (usually I have my netbook for that but it's under repari right now)

i never turn kine off.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

I never turn it off unless I'm not gonna use it for more than 8 hours (e.g work).

I just like the idea of having it there ready to serve me whenever I want when I'm at home. When I came back from work, I got wifi signal right in front of the door and send WOL packet from my phone, and my PC is ready to serve me. And yes, I pay my own bills.

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

I used to leave mine running all the time, then I got sick of the power bill, so I started turning it off every time I wasn't using it.  Because I cycle through a cold restart at least once a day windows now has a chance to do it's registry updating, scanning etc. My system doesn't slow down like it used to when I left it on all the time.   Also my power bills look better.

About the hard drives spinning up and down, windows already turns the hard drives off when they go idle for a certain period of time, Given that they might spin up with a scheduled task in the middle of the night it's pretty safe to say they should last longer if you turn it off. 

And the constant heating/cooling thing is nothing also, all electronics are designed to cycle through temps from 0 to 50+ C without fault, I highly doubt turning the pc off will cause a dry solder joint.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I usually put it in sleep mode at night to save power unless it's downloading games from steam or doing something else.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Where I live, power is 62cents a kilowatt hour, so every bit counts.

I used to leave mine running all the time, then I got sick of the power bill, so I started turning it off every time I wasn't using it.  Because I cycle through a cold restart at least once a day windows now has a chance to do it's registry updating, scanning etc. My system doesn't slow down like it used to when I left it on all the time.   Also my power bills look better.

About the hard drives spinning up and down, windows already turns the hard drives off when they go idle for a certain period of time, Given that they might spin up with a scheduled task in the middle of the night it's pretty safe to say they should last longer if you turn it off. 

And the constant heating/cooling thing is nothing also, all electronics are designed to cycle through temps from 0 to 50+ C without fault, I highly doubt turning the pc off will cause a dry solder joint.

Unless you shut it off right after a heavy gaming session lol

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American