Rig for sale

ok so this is a build i put together some time ago. it will play all games including crysis 3.  since then i have upgraded to a better system and now i am looking to sell it so i can buy the nvidia 780 when it comes out.  heres the specs;

amd phenomII x 4 955 3.2GHZ cpu               $80
thermaltake frio cpu cooler                           $50
4gigs of DDR3 1333 crucial ballistix RAM     $40
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO     motherboard        $50
2x ATI Radeon HD 5770's in crossfirex         $160
Raidmax 630w power supply                         $50
2x 500gig seagate barricuda hard drives     $50
LG CD/DVD burner                                      $10
thermaltake V3 black edition computer case
 with a custom side window                           $50
ASUS VE228H 21.5" LED monitor                $100
Ideazon Merc gaming keyboard                    $40
Razer imperial gaming mouse                      $40

windows is not installed
----------------------------------------------------------------------
total being                                                   $720

this is not what i paid for these parts but rather what im seeing them sold for right now minus a little since the parts are used.  the cpu has never been overclocked nor has the gpu's. one of the gpu's was only used for a couple of months before i upgraded to the 6970.  the GPU's also have a lifetime warranty on them through XFX.

with that being said i can sell this system a different way. i have 2 more asus ve228h monitors and the 6970. if i take out the 5770's and throw in the 6970 with the 3 monitors for eyefinity that would add about $300 making the price $1020 for an eyefinity setup that i know will play all games.

Here's my questions;
1)am i asking for the right amount of money?  am i asking too much or not enough?
2)should i sell it with the 5770's (with 1 monitor) or the 6970(with 3 monitors)?  which way would make it sell the fastest?
3)should i use craigslist or do you know another way to sell this rig?

IMG_0947_zps14438cd2.jpg

IMG_0949_zpsb9b4f7f9.jpg

IMG_0954_zpse5de9905.jpg

IMG_0957_zps4a4d5d4d.jpg

IMG_0961_zpscd1c75ee.jpg

IMG_0960_zps63caa828.jpg

IMG_0962_zps46f9895c.jpg

IMG_0963_zps71f6aa4a.jpg

IMG_0965_zps6e0312a9.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsaa28f446.jpg

IMG_0968_zps56382856.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsfa8cb91a.jpg

I think you're selling it for a bit too much, the same amount of money could be used to build a system with today's specs, that can preform on par with that, sorry. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

lol coon. i could build  pc for 100 less that would destroy that.

i'd pay at most 250 for the entire thing.

I would buy it but for not that much, lowest I would want is $250 highest is $325.

I'd say your quoting it about $200 to much, PC's just don't have resale value

so $500 sounds a little better then. what about if i put a 6970 gpu in instead and throw in 2 more monitors? do you think i could get $800?

lol coon. i could build  pc for 100 less that would destroy that.

i'd pay at most 250 for the entire thing.

the monitor alone is worth $100 and the cards are worth $80 each. how do you figure $250?

A good rule of thumb if you arn't hurting for cash is 1/3 what you payed. That is what places like "EntertainMart", "GameStop" and place that buys anything used and resells it would give you, 1/3 what it is worth.   You have a good rig, it would do wonders to any one new to PC gaming, but the current price it a little steep. I with you luck on selling your computer, and have a good day.

But seriously though if you sell it around 1/3 of the price I call dibs.

you have to lower your prices man this is 2013 not 2009. try and sell it for around 500-600

thanks for the replys guys. im gonna rethink the situation and see what else i can do to maybe increase the value of this pc. I have an SSD for a boot drive i could install and a 6970 video card. i'll probably add all 3 monitors and see what its worth then.

you have to lower your prices man this is 2013 not 2009. try and sell it for around 500-600

thats funny. a lot of these parts were bought in 2010. but yea im thinking 500 would be good enough. any suggestions on places other than craigslist to sell this at?

sorry dude but you cant sell things on the forum at this time. and the price is a bit high i think even $600 is fair and you could get a 780 for that if rumors are true.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I don't think a lot of people would consider buying a pc with 3 monitors. Maybe you should sell the pc all by itself and the monitor by itself. I think this would get you more money

the monitor alone is worth $100 and the cards are worth $80 each. how do you figure $250?

because no one will buy a low tier gpu thats 3 generations old now. they may have cost you 80$, but the fact is a 7770 is 100$ new.  raidmax is not a good company in any stretch of the means, so i would not trust their psu's, and on top of that you do not have a o/s installed which means any buyer needs to perform maintenance right away. It is also a general rule that "custom" undermines value. that value being the case which is only about 50$ new right now.

it is understandable to desire a premium on a product, but it would not be feasible to buy this machine for any new user. especially since it is already significantly aging, and no part itself is inherently desireable. which is why i wouldn't spend above 250 on it.

so $500 sounds a little better then. what about if i put a 6970 gpu in instead and throw in 2 more monitors? do you think i could get $800?

No, throwing more money into it isnt wise at all

a PC with that setup in Sweden goes for about 500usd, 560usd tops these days. So good luck with ya sale hope u get a good deal =D

Personally i would have saved the PC for a while and just try to sell the Screens instead.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

sell the screens separately most people won't want to go for the full 3 monitor and system deal I have seen them on ebay etc but the ones with just the rig sell quicker 

Currently we do not permit the exchange of goods and services for financial or other exchange due to legal reasons. Your thread has been edited to reflect this.

how i determine used price for a build is take off the price for your oldest-least valuable peripheral [keyboard -$40] -20-25% the worth of your graphics card for every generation its behind add that to the total new cost minus the graphics card then take off 25% of the whole build, -30% if its an ugly case, -35% if its and ugly case with bad cable management, another -5-10% if you dont install windows

i value your build at around $400 as it stands. with the add ins such as the monitors and the graphics card, well figure it out yourself. I would ask $500 and expect low ballers and get it to $400. 

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

thanks for the advice fellas. im currently getting offers on another website and everything ya'll have said have helped alot.

All together, $450-500 maximum. That's what I'd pay.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |