New Phone or new GPU?

ClarmonkGaming

Right now I am trying to decide between getting a evga gtx 780 or a htc one m8 or a lg g2!

The phone that I am using now is a Samsung galaxy nexus(Developer edition/with cracked screen) and the gpu i have is a  asus gtx 760 direct cu II oc edition 

I do not what to get please help me decide!

GTX 780 dude, Screw phones

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Get a new phone, your current GPU is sufficient for gaming at 1080p. :) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I disagree. I'd say a new phone. My GNex is laggy as hell. When I bought a Nexus 5, I'm glad I got rid of that phone...albeit it was my favourite phone at the time. But going back from my Nexus 5 to the GNex for a few days was hell. Like @TheDigitalRealm said, your GPU is sufficient (unless you're expecting your rig to play current games at ultra). I would go for the phone just because while gaming is pretty important to all of us, a non-laggy phone would make your day to day life so much less annoying when you don't have to wait for your contacts to load, or your dialer in your phone app to pop up.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Does your current phone still work as a phone?

Does your GPU still play the games you like at reasonable settings?

Don't go buying things because a community makes you think you need to. I've noticed, especially with phones, the technology has become ridiculously disposable since smart phones have become less of a device used for talking and texting and more as a status symbol. 

i would go for a new phone. Cause your current gpu is enough for 1080p gaming and i would wait for next year for the 800 series to be released. 

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

its your money. do what you want.

don't leave it to other people to decide for you. it's your own decision.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

its your money. do what you want.

don't leave it to other people to decide for you. it's your own decision.

Good point

HAHA this is a pc forum??? What do you think every freaking person is going to say???

Its all looks these days

780 bro, all day

Its all looks these days

phone, yours is cracked

This is kind of sad but i have gotten use to the cracked phone

Just think about which one is more important. If you want a better phone, pick the phone you want. You don't need a GTX 780 right now so I don't recommend getting it. Think about it, do you really need the extra performance or do you just want to have bigger numbers for your PC?

Just think about which one is more important. If you want a better phone, pick the phone you want. You don't need a GTX 780 right now so I don't recommend getting it. Think about it, do you really need the extra performance or do you just want to have bigger numbers for your PC?

Very true 

i vote for new phone. i wouldnt get the m8 tho.

get a nexus 5 and upgrade other parts or do whatever with the money.

What can you upgrade on a nexus 5 

Asking a mostly PC community, phone or GPU? GPU of course :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Can you get custom firmware like Cyanogen mod on htc one m8 or should i wait and get a new phone what new phones are coming out

Okay i have decided on the new phone now lg G2 vs htc one m8

HTC One M8. Or wait for the LG G3 to come out.

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

HTC One M8. Or wait for the LG G3 to come out.

Yes g3 not g2 sorry