[PC] GTA V for PC confirmed by Rockstar!

Assassin

Well, I was thinking about buying it when it launched before my friend told me it was only on the consoles, which was annoying, but now I can't really be given a damn

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

GTA IV runs perfectly fine. Learn to not use cracked versions and get the paid version of the game that has been patched.

GTA IV still hates any card with VRAM over 2GB and requires a launch change to fix. Otherwise it warns you that you've run out of vram  with like 32mb out of 3GB used.

Also crashed a bunch of times for me. All running the latest patched version via Steam.

That said, I did see that the later games after that, Max Payne 3 was it?, actually had a really decent PC port.

Pretty excited for this game, managed to avoid basically everything about it.

Should be fun to play with a bunch of mates.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

AW YISSSS!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

GTA IV still hates any card with VRAM over 2GB and requires a launch change to fix. Otherwise it warns you that you've run out of vram  with like 32mb out of 3GB used.

Also crashed a bunch of times for me. All running the latest patched version via Steam.

That said, I did see that the later games after that, Max Payne 3 was it?, actually had a really decent PC port.

Pretty excited for this game, managed to avoid basically everything about it.

Should be fun to play with a bunch of mates.

Not true. I played it just fine with my EVGA GTX 570 HD 2.5GB and never once had to apply any sort of launch fix and never received any sort of error message. Again, learn to play official versions of games and not cracked versions.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

GTA IV runs perfectly fine. Learn to not use cracked versions and get the paid version of the game that has been patched.

Beer to that about the faulty cracked version!

However, GTA IV is converted from console port therefore it is unoptimized because at least a low-end hardware should run the game just fine on the lowest settings which in that case it doesn't!

Again, learn to play official versions of games and not cracked versions.

If you had read what I had said, I was running the latest patched version via Steam.... What is the point of a pirated cracked version when the complete pack is £5 during the sale.

Also here is an official rockstar link telling you what to change to get it to work. If there was no issue, that wouldn't be needed.

So yes, it is true, and I am playing an official version. The port was just very awkward, and didn't run as well as it should.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

If you had read what I had said, I was running the latest patched version via Steam.... What is the point of a pirated cracked version when the complete pack is £5 during the sale.

Also here is an official rockstar link telling you what to change to get it to work. If there was no issue, that wouldn't be needed.

So yes, it is true, and I am playing an official version. The port was just very awkward, and didn't run as well as it should.

If you actually take the time to read what Rockstar says on that page, you would see that they say the problem is still unconfirmed. The list a possible fix, but they were never able to confirm the issue was the fault of the game. I've played the game on a 570 with 2.5GB of VRAM and never had a single issue. I've also played it on my 670 with only 2GB of VRAM, and have never had a single issue of any kind. If the issue was with the actual game, everyone would have the same problems. But the majority of players don't have any problem at all and there is just a very vocal minority, the majority of which play cracked versions of the game.

I see know that you claim to be using the official version, but the fact that you have so many issues makes that statement suspect. Rockstar was never able to replicate a lot of the issues people complained about, but they stopped short of openly accusing people of hacking the game. But they really should have as that was the cause of so many issues.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

oh.my.god it's happening #GETHYPE

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

So excited to drive a legit toyota supra in gta v, holeh balls. MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

post-52929-0-13910600-1402409328.jpg

post-52929-0-13910600-1402409328.jpg

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

ABOUT F**KING TIME!!!!!

sorry i have just been playing the 360 version for so long and getting annoyed at the 20fps its such a relief now theres a pc version coming

so qouting nvidia i am going to be able to "play it the way its ment to be played"

p.s. is it me of does the ps4 version still look good

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

You should add it's confirmed for release this fall.

I see know that you claim to be using the official version, but the fact that you have so many issues makes that statement suspect. 

Same can be said for countless games on PC tbh.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

MEH. I'm over it now. I've watched my brother play it so much I don't think I'll buy it.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

More Details !!!

What's getting updated in this version:
"Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California. 

Switch between the interconnected lives of Michael, Trevor and Franklin as they embark on a series of heists across Los Santos and Blaine County in the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover."

PC will also get an exclusive video editing feature:
"Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making."

You will also be able to transfer your Ps3/Xbox360 GTA Online progress over to PC!
"In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC."

Source:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52261/

RTX2070OC 

Haha, funny. I do have the paid version. SocialClub is a PoS and no matter how many times I tried to fix it the patches never worked. Don't assume everyone pirates something just because of an opinion, it makes you an ass.

funny how when it was released on 360/ps3 every pc gamer was giving rockstar the finger 

after a year of insulting our master race they suddenly announce it for PC and ya'll acting as happy as the time you built your PCs'.

Sad how I see a majority pre-ordering it. Turncoats everwhere.

I'll still buy it, after bugs get fixed. But if it turns out to be another overhyped unoptimized drm-enforced poopsmear like Watch Dogs then the game will be entering my computer through  a nifty little green peer sharing program.

I still have hopes for it being the dreamcrusher of many last gen consoles considering it the PC version was developed alongside the Xbone and PS4.

hello random lurker welcome to linus tech tips

I might get it since your online profile carries over from the consoles. I had a nice collection of cars.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB