bose vs Sennheiser

Slypuphound

My friend and me have the argument that whats better than what like Bose vs Sennheiser i kinda want to know but i think Sennheiser is the winner 

(this is just on music not on gaming) 

Bose make above-average sounding products, but then charge a 'Woah, this product is amazing!' premium for their products. Sennheiser make very competitive sounding cans and don't charge an arm and a leg for the experience. 

Bose<Sennheiser

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

sennheiser anyday ! i would never choose another brand there headphones are the best! 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

its not even a competition.. Sennheiser wins

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Sennheiser make very competitive sounding cans and don't charge an arm and a leg for the experience.

HD 800's cost $1.5K...

HD 800's cost $1.5K...

They do, well done. :) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I don't know the bose AE2 headphones sound like Sony MDR-7506 headphones and only charge $150.

I have had mine for over 2 years and there are know problems what so ever.

The AE2 are also super comfy.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

But then competing products are not cheaper either in that quality range.

I'm just saying the claim is wrong when it comes to their price. I would say they hold more of a value than Bose for the price, not that they somehow are cheaper, especially

They do, well done. :)

pretty sure that's at least a leg and genitalia.

when it comes to HD 598 and above.

I'm just saying the claim is wrong when it comes to their price. I would say they hold more of a value than Bose for the price, not that they somehow are cheaper, especially

pretty sure that's at least a leg and genitalia.

when it comes to HD 598 and above.

This is actually how we should view the headphones (or other things, for that matter), for the bang for bucks. There are a lot of sub $100 headsets, cheaper than most Senn or Bose lines, but are they good bang for bucks? I don't think so....

Speaking of costing a leg and beyond, I think Sennheiser still hold the record of producing the highest priced headphone till today. Google HE90 or Orpheus :)

This is actually how we should view the headphones (or other things, for that matter), for the bang for bucks. There are a lot of sub $100 headsets, cheaper than most Senn or Bose lines, but are they good bang for bucks? I don't think so....

Speaking of costing a leg and beyond, I think Sennheiser still hold the record of producing the highest priced headphone till today. Google HE90 or Orpheus :)

Dude, superlux and chc silverados are really good the the price. My friend enjoy's his new $50 headphones that are better than the same price shute modern Sony on-ear crap.

Audio is subjective, while it is easy to argue that the more money you spend the better sound you get, it is still subjective and why some people prefer AKG while others like their senns and others again don't put down their 20 year old sony's.

You can't argue that one is better than the other. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Dude, superlux and chc silverados are really good the the price. My friend enjoy's his new $50 headphones that are better than the same price shute modern Sony on-ear crap.

I was referring to peripheral headsets (refraining from brand bashing :) ). Yeah, superlux and silverado are good examples of good bang for bucks, or value for price. There are many others. Shearme refers these kind as 'cheap gems' :)

My opinion, Bose sucks and isn't an audiophile company. Their noise canceling products are their best, like the QuietComfort 15s. But they are also known to physically break easily. Other than that I feel Bose products are often subpar for the price you pay.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

My opinion, Bose sucks and isn't an audiophile company. Their noise canceling products are their best, like the QuietComfort 15s. But they are also known to physically break easily. Other than that I feel Bose products are often subpar for the price you pay.

They did thrive for a while in the past, with their 'audio lifestyle' speaker and cd player setup. I think they're well known for their little satellites that can reach good loudness. Still, wasn't very good, but quite middle-priced, and sound quite nice. Never auditioned their headphones, though...

They did thrive for a while in the past, with their 'audio lifestyle' speaker and cd player setup. I think they're well known for their little satellites that can reach good loudness. Still, wasn't very good, but quite middle-priced, and sound quite nice. Never auditioned their headphones, though...

I think if the small form factor is important to you, maybe they have appeal.

I used to want the QC15s a lot when I was a kid, back when they were the Bose 3s I think. Because I would listen to music on my earphones on the bus ride home (this was seriously back then, when I was in middle school) and there is a bus full of screaming kids. Had to pump the volume. Not good for hearing, and all around a PITA. Some Bose headphones would have done me well back then.

But nowadays I listen at home. So the appeal of my favorite Bose product, and of Bose in general as a result, is diminished.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?